Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/9 (Read 307 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good morning folks I'm racing a 5k this weekend. Expecting a PR, don't know quite how big. This will be a lit bigger than most races I've run in. WRFB - I love baking bread. good runs to all - will catch up later.

Oh Mighty Wing

3 miles this morning.
      Kimmie

Love Mr. I- he's in- he's out... Smile Hope that your race is awesome. Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.....I have a sinus headache..... 5 days from now I'm wanting to run a race that will be a challenge and today- I'm a little sick.... what's the deal? I'm cursed, I tell you.... I've never been so sicky. Ok, I'm calmer now.... I know that it's minor and staying positive is a must. Deep breaths
          3 miles this morning.
          Ah, the world is starting to come back to normal Smile Kimmie - this is mostly taper madness (although sorry about the sinus headache) Mr I - I haven't yet figured out why my second rise didn't work this weekend. The skin of the dough was "broken" on the sides, i.e., cracked, so maybe it "fell". The first rise looked ok though. I used milk/water instead of the beer I normally use, but I wouldn't have thought that would make such a difference and that's the original recipe anyway. It's possible the dough didn't get kneaded enough with the mixer -- it was acting kind of "funny" and wanted to make a roll on the side of the bowl instead of climbing up the dough hook. Does anyone have any ideas on what I put too much of or not enough of in this batch?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Love Mr. I- he's in- he's out... Smile Hope that your race is awesome. Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.....I have a sinus headache..... 5 days from now I'm wanting to run a race that will be a challenge and today- I'm a little sick.... what's the deal? I'm cursed, I tell you.... I've never been so sicky. Ok, I'm calmer now.... I know that it's minor and staying positive is a must. Deep breaths
            woah woah pretty lady... take deep breaths (or short stuffy ones)... you will be ok.... spend the week sleeping up on pillows - allow that stuff to drain out of your head. Drink some warm/hot tea. See how you feel in a day or two. the key is deep breaths!!!

Oh Mighty Wing

Ah, the world is starting to come back to normal Smile
              I felt the SAME way!!! Big grin
                Can't wait to hear how your race goes Mr. I! I have no idea what the problem was Lou. Kimmie, I agree with Lou about the taper madness!! Hope your sinus headache goes away ASAP!! Got in a nice 4.1 mile run with dh. He ran his hilly route twice yesterday at a pretty hard pace. Today he was feeling it. I'm so proud that I didn't have talk him into getting in a run in today. Will head out later for a second run. Not sure how long it will be but the weather is so nice it would be a shame to waste it!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

thanks you all... I need to do my yoga before posting here. I ran 3.5 marathon paced miles and it felt good. Nice race, Pam. Glad you got out to run, Shan- and you can call me pretty lady anytime. Smile Lou, wish I could help you- not domestic in any way. Weather outside here is gorgeous.
                  theyapper

On the road again...

Nice easy 4 miles today. Knee continues to feel good, now I'm just trying to be smart and not push it too much.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Hi everyone! Another gray snowy day here. Not snowing much, just blowing around and enough to be annoying. Lou, on yesterday's run, as most all my others, I didn't take anything with me. I usually do fine with that, but yesterday I just seemed to run out of gas. Following that hilly run on Saturday with the long one on Sunday usually wouldn't be much of a problem, but add in the cold and the snow... well I guess I was just outmatched. But oh well, it's all good. Was a good HTFU lesson. Can't help you with the bread. I rarely ever use yeast but I'd like to do more of it. Any baking I do is quick breads or cookies... and that's been a long time ago. Sad I hope Kimmie gets out of her sinus funk, yapper's knee keeps getting better and Bugs' foot is ok. What happened to Murphy and Brian?

Hail to The Victors!

WRFB--Sorry, can't help you. I'm the master of quick bread, but have never done it on my own. It sounds kinda fun, though! Kimmie--Hope you feel better! You're almost there! 9 really easy in today. Wanted to go 12, but I'm still kinda rundown and sore. Kind of annoying. Tomorrow is our golden day (temps around 60!) so I'm willing to wait til tomorrow to run long. Today's high is supposed to be 45, but it's 37 now. I suspect that high is the temp tonight at 11:59pm. ;-)
                          Glad to hear the knee is behaving Paul! Nice run Smile Wish I could send the sun and some warmer temps your way Erika! Nice run Jhallum!! Enjoy the warm temps tomorrow! I got in a really nice 9 mile run this afternoon. I'm suprised at how good it felt considering I'm sick with a cold. Guess it's probably beacause it's in the early stages though dh's didn't seem to get all that bad. I logged it as moderate however it felt easy until the last couple miles.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

What happened to Murphy and Brian?
                            babies. Just in different stages! Smile Another 4 this afternoon. Should be a good week run wise even with the hecticness of moving this weekend. So we shall see... It's amazing how fast easy pace was on fresh legs!!

Bugs

Kim, I've ran three marathons, had a cold the week before each of them. Now I think it's because I run too fast the weekend before. However, I can say not one was an issue. I bet yours is done with before Saturday. You've had your share of sickness, time to sneeze on someone else, pass it along. WRFB, Mostly girls here that run, don't cook. Smile Erika, Foot is fine, I just ran all week in racing flats, that was a bit much. I should be about 50% racing flats, 50% stability shoes..I really hate stability shoes, but those racing flat are so light, feels like you lost 5 pounds. 4.75 easy miles for me, legs want to run, I'm suppose to rest. Sad I don't know how long I can be good.

Bugs

Cashmason

Kimmie, what Lou says about taper madness is true. It happens to almost all of us. You work hard for months, and then during your taper, all of sudden you start to feel sick. You start to feel like you are not training enough. You start to feel aches and pains that you haven't felt during your training, or the pains seem worse. Trust your training. You have done the work, and race day is to take advantage and enjoy all the work you put in. Marathons still hurt, but a week after the marathon the pain is over, and the satisfaction lasts a lifetime. Pam what is your goal? 5:40 for the last split is amazingly fast. I am thinking you could chop lots of time off your last 5k. Part of this game is learning how to race, how to pace your race. You obviously trained really well. Glad the foot is feeling better Bugs. Shan, just Hugs ! We want whats best for you. We support you, what ever you do. ( Dad rant over).