Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/9 (Read 307 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

good runs in 19-35mph winds today!! I LOVED IT!!!
      Sorry to hear about your dog Shan Sad It's never easy losing a loved one! Glad to see SOME people enjoyed getting out in the winds and running. I however spent most of the day on errands. Go figure dh starts commuting up to the Pocono's next week and that means new tires on car, new Blackberry since AT&T seems to be the only reliable service where he'll be working at. And of course I always wait until the last minute to buy Valentines gifts for the kids. Enjoyable day but not sure my stomach is happy with dh's choice for lunch. MTA: it's amazing how much I'm thrown off since I didn't get my run/s in today *sigh* NOT good

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

My rest day turned into 2 easy runs - one with my wife and a shorter one with my daughter. Good stuff, and the pace was slow enough that I was able to run without the knee sleeve and I felt good.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

Shan, sorry to hear about your mom's dog. We lost 3 dogs last year to old age. Last dog is almost 18 years old, and she sleeps most of the time, and walks slowly. When she sees a cat she can still run fast for a short while though. 6.6 miles in an hour after teaching spin for an hour. Witchy woman did not show up. Last mile at 7:30 pace but that was about all I had left at that point.
            It still seems a little windy out. It's now 41° but I'm going to dress for 10° cooler. Dave - how's the knee?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

Morning Lou, G'nite Lou. The new album by Robert Plant ( lead singer for Led Zepplin) and Allison Krauss ( country singer) is knocking me out. I think its the one that won all the grammys. It deserves it.

Oh Mighty Wing

Today's the day!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I sign the lease at 11 on my lunch break. This afternoon we meet with the lawyer then I'm moving out. I'll move the majority of the stuff tonight and the rest on saturday when I have help with the furniture part of it. YEAH!!!!!!! Tonight I sleep on the floor in my very own apartment!!!
                  A new beginning, Shan -- wishing you the best. I was pretty unhappy in my first marriage, and while all situations are different I can empathize. Cash - I just bought the album on your recommendation. Have you all seen "Spirit of the Marathon"? It's out on DVD and the soundtrack is available, too -- I'm listening to it now. 11.1 miles, 1:37:20, 8:44/mi, AHR 147 (74% mhr) Progression starting about 9:10/mi for 1st 5 and finishing several miles at about 8:25/mi, with last mile at 8:03.

Dave

Dave - how's the knee?
                    Not too bad, Lou. Thanks for asking. Its basically OK. Gets sore after longer efforts but not so bad I can't run on it. This is getting to crunch time on my mileage for my next race and I'm trying to get more focused and get a bit more mileage. Did 5 last night on the treadmill. Schedule has me off today but I will probably do an easy 5 or so. 2nd 20 miler of this training cycle on Sunday. Tonight is my older daughter's birthday party. Her birthday is tomorrow but with Valentine's day, we generally have her party either earlier or later.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Shan - It's a big day for you. Hope it all goes well. I was sorry to hear about your dog, too. Dave - Be smart about the knee, and think "knee sleeve." I can't overstate how much it's helped me. Kimmie - I guess you're at Myrtle now and I bet you're excited about the race tomorrow. You've done the work, now you get to run a time that reflects it! Enjoy! Nice run, Lou. (Seeing your name on the boards so much cracks me up because I wrote a book titled, "My Name's Not Lou" that I think of every time I see your name) I've got 2 more runs this week and it looks like I'll run today's in warm weather and tomorrow's in colder, possibly wetter, weather. But, I should be close to 30 miles for the week when I'm done. Have a great Friday, everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Shan, Wow that is a big day. You get things done snap snap. I wish you the best. Also sorry about the dog, that's too bad. Dave, Your getting so close. Keep up the good work. Kim, Good Luck. Excited for you. Hey can we track you? ty66, Nice miles. Glad things are going better for you. Got corral the kids to school.

Bugs

Hey, Kimmie -- best of luck tomorrow. I just went to the web site and saw: 0 DAYS | 21 HRS | 33 MINS | 43 SECONDS Yikes!

Hope all goes well today Shan. Kimmie, GOOD LUCK and KICK a$$ tomorrow!!! Don't have time to read this morning. Hope everyone has a GREAT Friday and a GREAT weekend!! Happy runs peeps!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

hey you all! I'm at the beach and it's gorgeous! I'm excited and not even worried about the rain . There's no online tracking but I'll post about my 3:50 tomorrow . Positive thinking
                              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Kimmie - kick ass tomorrow! Shan - sorry about your loss. Congratulations on a new begininning. Hope all goes well for you. Tomorrow's 5k - no specific time goal. My last race I had a vague idea of roughly where I might be, but decided to run it by feel and run it as hard as I could. Turned out to be the best race I've ever run. Tomorrow is going to be a repeat of that effot. Yay for pre race jitters! Decent week of running for me, but a little shaky. Had to move some things around and fell a little short of mileage goals but it was a light week anyway.