Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/9 (Read 307 times)

Hail to The Victors!

hey you all! I'm at the beach and it's gorgeous! I'm excited and not even worried about the rain . There's no online tracking but I'll post about my 3:50 tomorrow . Positive thinking
    Good luck, you are going to do awesome!

Dave

hey you all! I'm at the beach and it's gorgeous! I'm excited and not even worried about the rain . There's no online tracking but I'll post about my 3:50 tomorrow . Positive thinking
      Go get'em girlBig grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Was hoping to get 50 easy minutes in, but my first 30 felt harder than easy should, so I cut it short at 3 miles. Trying to listen to my body so I'll be ready for my long run tomorrow. I think I may do my long run with the Galloway walk/run method. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Good luck on your long run, yapper. Funny about my name and your book.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

We are thinking of you Kimmie ! Good job Yapper. Rut roh Lou, hope you listened to a track or two of the album before you bought it. We may not have the same taste in music.

Dave

No run for me today. After 2 hours in Chuck E Cheese with 18 kids, I feel like I just did a marathon. Or lost a prize fight.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Rut roh Lou, hope you listened to a track or two of the album before you bought it. We may not have the same taste in music.
                I'm a bit of a risk-taker with music Smile

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Pre race jitters make me feel alive

Bugs

Dave, that's why they serve beer at chuckies. So excited for Kim. I'm going to follow the recommendation to cut-back 50% this week, and not do a long run. The idea is to rest up really well, and have a strong week next week. So I'll rest know I have a tough week ahead. Seemed like a crazy cut-back, but maybe I start with excessive rest, and see what happens.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

No run for me today. After 2 hours in Chuck E Cheese with 18 kids, I feel like I just did a marathon. Or lost a prize fight.
                      Amen to that post. Ever heard the song "Chuck E Cheese Hell?"

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

7.1 miles (incl 8x20sec striders), 55:56, 7:54/mi, AHR 158 (79% mhr) Have a great weekend, everyone!

Cashmason

Hope you had a great race Kimmie, you should be done about now, and be in the beer garden ! Off to ride a couple hours with friends.
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

5k PR - race report posted Can't wait to hear that Kimmie smashed it today!
                              Nice job, Mr I. I keep checking myrtle beach results but they're not posted yet. Looking forward to hearing from Kimmie.

Kimmie

well, i did it !!! Smile final time according to my watch: 3:50:30... I know it didn't take long to cross the start and I started my watch about then, but it might be a little less than that chip time. oh. my. gosh. I'll post a full race report later but short version is that I felt good pretty much the whole time excpet for a few spots. I had to stop to tie my shoe at mile 11 and then I ran quickly in to a porta pottie but I didn't lose too much time. I stayed on pace paying attention the whole time to where I needed to be. I knew it was going to be close. I got to see my family at mile 18 and 21 and then again at the finish. Around mile 23 or so, I started to fade... I realized it was going to be close and was able to really kick it in at the last half mile. I have to tell you that I started crying when I crossed the finish! I was so surprised and everyone around me asked me if I was Ok. And then I stopped. Having my family there was awesome. Well, I guess that was more than just a short report. Smile I am really happy- time to celebrate. Thanks so much for all the support and encouragement that you all give here. It definitely helps! Boston 2010.Big grin