Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/4 (Read 358 times)

Hail to The Victors!

So you're thinking 50K? Evil grin
    Thankfully, out of town this year. Maybe someday.
      Thanks guys!! I haven't made a doctors appoint yet. Urine looks fine this morning so who knows. I'm going out for a run in a bit to kind of test drive things. Bugs as for my health issue's they've been going on longer than I've been running. I've just taken a break from the doctors this past year and a half or so since we lost our health care. I had no problem running high milage as well as strength training last year with real issue's. I have a immune issue and every so often I flare up and it causes all kinds of issue's. I'm pretty sure that's the culprit to what's going on. I've been really lucky to be able to run like I do. Sometimes it seems like those issue's were a life time ago and when they come back it takes me awhile to mentally and physically adjust.. I'd LOVE if all this was going on due to over training. THAT would be EASY to fix!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AKKKKKK Kimmie!!! Sorry to hear about your itbs! I know that' sone injury that can be slow to heal and be a real pain in the butt however i'm sure you'll heal yourself asap! (((HUGS)))

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Here is a picture Ken took around mile 9. The only one he actually got that had me in it lol. lehigh valley half marathon mile 9

Cashmason

ITBS in 3 out of 4 marathons was God's way of telling me to take up triathlon, so I could swim and bike, while not running. Lou, the no socks thing on the bike is great if you have tri bike shoes, that dont have have any seams on the the inside, where your toes go. Otherwise you will rub your feet raw with blisters, in normal bike shoes or running shoes. Most of us put our socks on, then roll them down to take them off the feet, before the race. Then when you race, come in, roll the socks up the foot and they dont stick. But for the pro's, and elite age groupers, no socks is big. They even run no with no socks, but they build up callouses on their feet with many practice runs in the shoes. Sorry to hear about your ITBS Kimmie. Nice pic Pam, sorry to hear you arent well. Hope it clears up before you need to see a doc. Shan, we will be thinking of you, even if you are absent for a couple of weeks.
            theyapper

On the road again...

Lots going on here. I always feel like I'm rushing to catch up with everyone. Really sorry to hear about the ITBS, Kimmie, and the injuries Pam and Shan are dealing with, too. Got a great 5.1 miles run in today. Couldn't pull it off early this morning - the late nights this week are kicking my butt! It's all good though.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Paul, I always feel like I'm playing catch up, too. Nothing yesterday for me but my first PT appt and a late soccer game (spectating duty). PT gal took a long time checking me out and she's amazed at how tight and inflexible my lower back is. Hamstrings, too. I tried telling her that yes I'm normally that way, but probably a little worse from all the yard work I did this past weekend. I don't know if she heard me or not. She'd ask questions, and I'd answer but try to explain a little more and she'd cut me off. I didn't like that. I'll try her for awhile, because the doctor said she's the best around for my issue, but I'm not impressed with her style. Maybe she just feels patients want to chit chat and waste time, but I'm not "normal" in her world. You should've seen her when I said I'd planned on 9 marathons this year, and now with Boston being just a half and the May possibles canceled, I was down to 6. (most of those may not happen anyway, but it was fun to say) Will hit the gym at lunchtime for a date with the elliptical, and hopefully some pool running after work while boys are at soccer. Figure if I can keep the cross training up with pool running for "distance," I'll be ok to take most of May "off" from road running. Still planning on Seattle Rock-n-Roll on June 27!
                AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice photo, although there is some sort of optical illusion that makes it seem you are all going uphill - Smile Hope you can find some way to improve that communication channel to the PT, Erika -- sounds a bit frustrating. I'd think tightness and soreness after a lot of yard work is normal? I sure get it, and I don't do many hours of yard work consecutively. So what I've learned so far about Michigan is that hell is full of poison ivy...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

I like the pic too Pam! Let us know how you're feeling with everything... I think it's great that running helps your immune problems. ( hope I said that correctly) Paul- good for you for getting mileage in with all the late nights. Cash- I'm planning on buying some swim gear tomorrow. Erika- I agree that your PT should be more understanding and a much better listener. Well, I went to see my massage therapist guy that I haven't seen in 2 years or so... I was expecting him to scold me for not coming more often, injuring my ITB, etc... Instead, he just said that it was tight and bunched up... he worked on it for an hour and it feels so much better. I asked him if I needed to take time off and he said, maybe just a day or so. That's good news. So, I won't run today- maybe tomorrow will be my first attempt at swimming. If you guys run that race in Hell- I may just have to come and watch... Smile
                      Thanks Guys!! You like that "optical illusion" Perry? lol 12 miles first half done easy second half was more moderate. Felt GREAT!! My ankle did speak to me, but not for long suprisingly. FInished feeling strong and full of energy. I had the night sweats really bad last night (soaked my side of the bed). Been dealing with these since I was in my early 20's and it never seems to get easier to deal with. However I woke up with no headache (had one for the past 3 days) and feeling MUCH better than yesterday. Kimmie, my running has a way of stablizing me. Sometimes it feels like my body hangs on to toxins too easily and if I don't run I can really feel it. Running keeps my me clean. That and it makes me eat better as well as sleep better.

GOOD NEWS Kimmie!! Have fun with your swimming! That is the one thing that keeps me fom Tri-ing

That is a great picture, Pam. Sometimes I get night sweats, too, and it feels like I'm laying in a puddle. ew Tight lipped

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

That is a great picture, Pam. Sometimes I get night sweats, too, and it feels like I'm laying in a puddle. ew Tight lipped
                            Thanks Lou! Didn't think guys would have night sweats though not sure why lol SUCKS doesn't it. Especially when your too lazy and asleep to get up and change. DH usually makes sure I have a towel by my side of the bed just in case however the last one never got replaced. It also sucks that I have to change sheets so much *sigh*

Dave

Dave, Going to go for the maniac status?
                              Strange thoughts have been entering my mind lately Wink Hope you feel better, Shan, Kim, and Pam. Congrats on the finish, Murph. 6.4 for me today. Silly fast (7:53 pace) with some weird intervals and stuff thrown in. No self control today. Hopefully I'll have the discipline to go easy tomorrow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Glad you're better Pam! Good luck with the swimming Kimmie. It's what keeps me from the Tri. I don't have time I want to give up to improve at it. I would get my butt kicked also. I love the joint duathlons and tri's where the lead tri people are passing me on the bike/run. Speaking of which I have my first duathlon of the year coming up May 30th. Looking forward to it. My bike needs some work. The front derailer doesn't anymore. I only have the high gears which makes me selective on routes. I only have three rides in this year so I will have to get back at it. 12& change this morning for running. Looking forward to Saturday's 5k.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.