Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/4 (Read 358 times)

Dave

Great pics, Erika. Another rough work day and then I spent some extra time with the family tonight instead of running. DD11 has a boy at school who she thinks is "cute" and who told some of the other kids that he was going to kiss her on the playground. I told her to start a rumor that he was going to be out of school next week for a dental appointment to put his teeth back in after she knocked them out. I'm not ready for this. Tongue

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on the ride -- a metric century was my maximum distance ride last year (um, actually, maximum ever). Talk about a time commitment... And great photos -- but that Muddy effect looks more like Snowy effect. Went to OWS a bit early so I could get my run in -- ran 3mi fast. OWS was especially successful, meaning no jellyfish, no injuries, everyone said they enjoyed it, we did a new area, I switched off with a kayak-paddler halfway through so she could swim some, and there was a bit of drink & food afterward.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Bugs and Shan- check in please!! Smile I need an update.........
          When is Fargo? Is it today? Very exciting for Bugs and Shan (while Bugs is just doing it as a training run, it's still a marathon, right?) 5.1 miles, 45:34, 8:55/mi, AHR 141 (72% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

5k is finished. Good run for me. 23:32. Third 5k race of the year. Ran 23:52 in February, 23:54 in March so I will take the improvement. Big event for here. Over 600 registered I think. 10k, 5k and 5k walk. I finished 39th overall for 5k run. 6/11 in 45 - 50 AG.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Sweet run, Pace! Still haven't been able to run today. DW's 40th birthday. She's taking it well Smile Nice dinner out tonight.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Great pics, Erika. Another rough work day and then I spent some extra time with the family tonight instead of running. DD11 has a boy at school who she thinks is "cute" and who told some of the other kids that he was going to kiss her on the playground. I told her to start a rumor that he was going to be out of school next week for a dental appointment to put his teeth back in after she knocked them out. I'm not ready for this. Tongue
                Hah! Get out the shotguns! Wink 5K today, 19:26. Finally, after 5 years of waiting, a damn PR. About time! good for 4 Overall, sadly, the 3rd place guy was in my AG, so I got the slightly shiny silver. Great race to support Brain Tumor research, I'd totally do it again.

Bugs

When is Fargo? Is it today? Very exciting for Bugs and Shan (while Bugs is just doing it as a training run, it's still a marathon, right?)
                  Dam right it was still a marathon! Shan and I started together, and lost each other and found each other at mile 25 and crossed the finish line side by side. It was awesome. Just a nice easy jog..clock time 4:08. not sure about chip time. My calves were a tight #$#$ all the way through and helped me just run easy but was just a nice good run. Had a great time. Can't wait to post the pictures!

Bugs

Way to go Jeremy! You're fast! I'd love to break 20 myself. And way to go Bugs and Shan! 4:08 -- not bad!

Cashmason

Look forward to seeing the pictures Bugs. If you ever find out what to do to prevent tight calves let me know. They are my latest bugaboo. Havent had IT band problems for a couple of years now, but calves get me. Especially if I run any sort of a hill or do any speed work. Calves will be tight for weeks afterwards, even if all subsequent runs are at easy pace. Told Abbie yesterday, the speed bumps were our hills in this neighborhood.

Dave

Dam right it was still a marathon! Shan and I started together, and lost each other and found each other at mile 25 and crossed the finish line side by side. It was awesome. Just a nice easy jog..clock time 4:08. not sure about chip time. My calves were a tight #$#$ all the way through and helped me just run easy but was just a nice good run. Had a great time. Can't wait to post the pictures!
                        That is so cool! Can't wait to see them. Congratulations to you both. 3.8 for me. Hardly worth posting Smile

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

hey!!! I just wrote to you on FB..... Bugs, I wanted to see if there were results, but I didn't come here first. 4:08 felt like a nice, easy jog??? Oh my goodness, that's awesome. So glad you and Shan got to meet.
                            Hey, Dave - check out http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78686&id=586838002&ref=nf . You can see I wasn't smiling through the whole race. Smile Like Kim said on FB - congrats on the house, and when are you moving?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... You can see I wasn't smiling through the whole race. ...
                              But great smiles after the end... Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Yeah, but Lou, you still look relaxed the whole time... I can't wait for that to be me.