Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/21 (Read 219 times)

I was last up at 7:15 this morning -- first time I slept past 7 since I don't know when, but we went to bed at 11.  With the baby in the house, I guess everyone else was up early.

So I had to run quickly then shower quickly, because everyone was waiting for me to open their gifts.  Good thing I only had 3 miles.  I can't imagine running any time other than first thing...

3.1 miles, 29:15, 9:18/mi, AHR 136 (66% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Lou,

Good job on getting out there. Last thing you want is to test the family's patience on opening presents. My family probably wouldn't have waited for me. Infact I had a hard time making some of the little kids wait till my youngest was up/didn't want them to wake him up!

I LOVE Twin Cities Marathon. I have a hard time every year not running it. I would book a hotel now, if you can get into the Kelly Inn that is the best.

Kim,

We have non-running conditions too. Tons of snow, and they don't get out and plow here. Seriously, you have to have 4-wheel drive to live here. If the now wasn't bad enough the winds are suppose to be 20-40mph. Running can wait another day.

Hym,... you got me thinking this Chicago Marathon is a good idea. I do much better with fall marathons, and I'm not so excited about running a 200 people marathon. Plus I hear the Mankato Marathon is going to have a great half. Smile I'll try to hook-up with some of the girls running it. I don't know them well.  The Fargo Marathon came out with a new course this year, filled with wicked turns. Why would they screw up a good marathon like that?

Okay math/legal experts. If I'm 38 on October 10, 2010. What time do I need to quality for boston? Is it still the 3:45? Because when I'm 39 it will be 3:50 right? Is it your age you qualify or the age you run boston.

Bugs

If I'm 38 on October 10, 2010. What time do I need to quality for boston? Is it still the 3:45? Because when I'm 39 it will be 3:50 right? Is it your age you qualify or the age you run boston.

When is your birthday?  Are you saying Oct 10, or is that the day of Chicago?  

It is the age you run Boston, so if you are 39 on April 19, 2011, your BQ is 3:45:59, and at 40 it's 3:50:59.  Note that an Oct 2010 race will qualify you for April 2012 as well

My birthday is May 2, so I just miss.

Bugs

When is your birthday?  Are you saying Oct 10, or is that the day of Chicago?  

It is the age you run Boston, so if you are 39 on April 19, 2011, your BQ is 3:45:59, and at 40 it's 3:50:59.  Note that an Oct 2010 race will qualify you for April 2012 as well

My birthday is May 2, so I just miss.

Birthday is March 4th, 1972. I'm 37 now. I understand that I would need a 3:45 to run Boston 2011. So if I ran a 3:49 on Oct 10, 2010 would that qualify me to run Boston 2012? 

Bugs

Birthday is March 4th, 1972. I'm 37 now. I understand that I would need a 3:45 to run Boston 2011. So if I ran a 3:49 on Oct 10, 2010 would that qualify me to run Boston 2012? 

Yup.  My first BQ I aged in with a 3:31:15 run at Chicago in Oct 2006, to run the 2008 Boston (missed 2007 by 16 seconds and 3 weeks -- my 50th birthday was just after Boston)

evanflein

Chicago would be a fun marathon... I'd been thinking about Twin Cities, too though. But... I still need Illinois AND Minnesota... I've thought that Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon would be fun, it's in May. I'll be doing the Equinox in September, as usual, and probably the ultra again so not sure about an October marathon. Although that worked pretty well this year... it's all so far in the future for me, I'm not much of a planner.

Don't worry too much about the no running, Kim. Sometimes those enforced rest days are ok.

Nice run, Lou. The 10'er I mean. That HR isn't high for me... I checked mine while walking at 4 mph and it was in the mid 120's...

I think this is a rest day for me. It's almost noon and we're finishing up french toast and still need to open presents. Then heading to my brother's for dinner. Merry Christmas, fellow team blister runners!

Dave

So, Kim,  did Santa bring you the 305?

Running gifts this year:  Yaktrax, a serious hat/face mask thing, reflective running jacket.  

How about you guys?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I got a nice wet weather running jacket and the book "Running for the Soul".  Then I got some regular clothes.  I also got a nice Nate, Jr calendar (well that was given to both PDR and me).  Smile

Bugs

I got big foam roller, under armour shirt, & under armour mask. ..and gift cards

We are traveling as I type in blizzard. The wind is awful. Going to be white out conditions if we're not there by dark. My DH says it is not so bad..but I will feel so much better when we are at my sister's house.

Bugs

Ringmaster

Hi, everyone, and Merry Christmas!

Boy, it's good to be home. I am a Honduran by birth and citizenship and am proud of its people, but boy, painted lanes in the road are sure helpful. Not to mention potable water, labeled roads, and somewhat-sane drivers.

I can't wait to take and show you pictures of my gift from dh. He done good!

Pam, I'm praying for quick healing for you--hoping a solution comes quickly and permanently!

Bugs, I hope your decision about Fargo proves to be wise and well-executed. I'm sure you'll do the right thing.

Look at all that snow! I ran in 60 degrees today and was thankful for the cooler air. LOL

Only 9 weeks to my originally-scheduled marathon. Thinking about doing the Bud Light challenge--5k and 10k one day, then half the next. It's a new medal, which reminds me, gotta go take that picture.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                      Mile by Mile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Only 9 weeks to my originally-scheduled marathon. Thinking about doing the Bud Light challenge--5k and 10k one day, then half the next. It's a new medal, which reminds me, gotta go take that picture.

That sounds fun Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

So, Kim,  did Santa bring you the 305?

Running gifts this year:  Yaktrax, a serious hat/face mask thing, reflective running jacket.  

How about you guys?

yes!!!

So psyched.... already ran it with yesterday... I still need to figure it all out... how do you see your heart rate during the run?  I didn't do much with it before heading out, because I was trying to beat the rain.   So, I was thrilled to have it and run 6 miles.

We stayed at the Gaylord Hotel last night-  just the 4 of us.... our extended family all lives so far away, that it was just us this Christmas, which was kind of nice.   The hotel was GORGEOUS!!!   We were there Monday night for the ICE exhibit and decided to stay over Christmas.  Ran on a nice treadmill this morning at the fitness center.

Hope you all are enjoying your holidays.

Sounds like some good gifts were given!!

I also got a GC for the running store...

PDR and I met Erika at the Gaylord once -- what a nice place!

Cashmason

Lou,

I am reading about a married couple meeting a woman who is married to someone else meeting at very nice hotel.

That brings up all kinds of thoughts........    wink

Among other things I received Advanced Marathoning by Pfitz.

heh heh

Oh, Cash - I follow Pfitz -- good stuff!

While the other day's 10 was a struggle, I felt really strong for today's 17.  A real confidence builder.  I'll note I didn't take my BP meds before the run because I was worried about the diuretic properties, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

17.2 miles, 2:28:20, 8:38/mi, AHR 144 (70% MHR)

5@9:19(131), 7@8:40(143), 5.18@7:56(156)