Marathon Trainers

Boston Results (Read 174 times)

I am proud of you Pam.

Sorry you were hurting.    Takes a lot of courage to keep going forward,  when you don't feel good.

Thanks Cash!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Thanks for the tracking, guys! Sorry to be so absent, what a whirlwind weekend that was! I just got home this morning, had to run home, unpack a little bit, shower up and get in to work by 10 a.m. I'm whupped. But yes, it was a good day for me, everything was just clicking along. I didn't realize I was 28th in my division till DH told me later. It sure pays to get up into the older age groups!!

I walked the entire Freedom Trail with friends yesterday, including all 294 steps up (and down!) the Bunker Hill Monument. Cool view from up there! I figure we walked around 5 miles all told, but didn't wear my Garmin. That just seemed too geeky for a walk around Boston. Might try to get out for a recovery run tonight; the weather here is gorgeous so far, sunny and highs of 60 or so. But we might get clouds and rain this evening. Figures.

Pam, sounds like you got dehydrated out there. The wind and sun combined to make that a real possibility.

Hail to The Victors!

Great job everyone! Pam, I hope you can recover well! Don't push it too hard, sounds kind of serious to me too!

I was definitely the odd ball out this year, as I don't think I met anyone on RA.  Most of that had to do with staying with the in-laws out by Worcester, not in the city.   Next time, I think I might stay a night or two in town, then go out to the family. 

Dave

Who looks this good in a marathon photo?  Seriously?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Who looks this good in a marathon photo?  Seriously?

That's not a smile, that's an "Almost there!  Almost there!"

:-)