KristenJBerg    
    rockenmamaof5    
    willamona    
    Bugs 0 mi 0:00
    Cashmason 0 mi 0:00
    Dutchie42 0 mi 0:00
    Murphy996 0 mi 0:00
    theyapper66 0 mi 0:00

I'm not sure how I ran for 3 days and 19 hours, but it sounds cool.  I had a week of hills, so it was brutal by Sunday.  Have a good week all.

Finishing my year long taper for the NC24 this week!

Good running all!

you sure are nice and rested.  Good luck, we'll be looking for your race report!!

Funny, I dont feel rested.

Results are going to be updated about every hour during the race..

http://northcoast24.org/2011/results.pdf

evanflein

Go Murphy! Taking over-tapered to new heights, we're all cheering for you!  Smile

[ETA: OMG I just checked out the main web site. Loops around a park of a little under a mile? What's your goal for this thing? I think I'd go crazy on a course like that... 24 hours? Really??]

4.8 mile run at lunch today. Got caught in the rain and got soaked, so pace was a little faster than intended. Of course, now that I'm back at my desk, having found a hair dryer in the locker room (people aren't supposed to leave stuff in there, but they always do... fair game!) I'm somewhat put back together. And, of course, it's stopped raining and the sun is peeking out again.

Bare minimum is 65 miles. I came up with that by figuring I could cover marathon distance in 6 hours (with a detailed run/walk strategy). When I ran my last Columbus marathon completely untrained, I got through relatively easily gallowalking. If I am dead at that point- I figure I could struggle through 2 mph for 18 hours. Reasonably I think I would be happy with 75 miles given my lack of running. 100 miles is my crazy goal. I would need to run basically 4 consecutive marathons just a bit slower than my normal marathon. May planned pace is with this goal in mind. I will hold on as long as I can. Oh I ran 3.8 miles at llunch..it was hot. I was a bit tired at the end Smile Weather is going to be almost perfect. High of 66 low of 54.

Happy Camper

Go Murphy!

Up extra early so that I can get interval work in before work. Smile

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

4.1 miles, easy effort, then a little over a mile walking after work to pick low-bush cranberries. These are actually lingonberries, and so much better than the cranberries bought in the store. I think tomorrow will be a rest day, or at least just a walk at lunch.

Kimmie

Go Murphy !,
                    Cashmason

Do we have a bib number for Murph?

Happy Camper

No Bib's.  Just click the link Murphy posted earlier then type "Murphy" in the find box at the top of the tracking page.  Looks like he's on schedule through 4-hours. 

Following Perry's advice.  Less thinking, more running.  Signed up for a trail 50k to be ran on 10/2.  I haven't ran longer than 13 since early June.  Clown  Otherwise I'm feeling great.  Resting and average heart rate are down.  New diet/lifestyle has me below 165lbs.  I'm leaner and my lifts are very comparable to when I weighed 185. 

10-miles with the running group this morning in 1:23:42.  Avg HR 150.  Low 50's and light intermittent rain.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

WTG Murphy! Still moving up after 42 miles!

Finished with 63.95 miles. It was a fantastic experience. I'll write a detailed report tomorrow. Made some fantastic new friends..and surprised myself with how I was to come back from some real tough spots.

wow

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

Nice work Murph!