Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/02 (Read 262 times)

Kimmie

Pace-  Good luck!!!  I do remember now that you are doing that massive race.   Too amazing.

Pam-  great that you have a RP to run with... makes it so much easier mentally sometimes and more fun too.  I've been running about half and half- with people and alone.  Pros and cons to both.

Glad to hear about Garmin being helpful.  I am still wearing my  201 and I don't even use all the features.   I will most likely buy a new one sometime soon when money allows.

Paul- love the shirts!!  I was seriously thinking about driving down and cheering you on.  It's only 2 hours for me.  I still may be able to swing it, but if I don't make it, of course I will be cheering you on virtually. Smile

Bugs, I feel like 10 miles that early should count as 20 or something.  What are you training for?  Or is 10 miles your regular daily run?

Dave, I'm curious too... hope all is OK.  So sad that people turn to violence.  

If anyone heard about the Orlando shooting yesterday, my BIL is an EMT and he was on the scene.  I was worried for him.   Tragic...

well, just got back from 6 so-so miles.  Ran with some new friends, which made it fun, but I still felt my ankle quite a bit.  It just hurts and it makes me nervous that i'm going to twist it by favoring it too much.  

So, Perry, I definitely won't be running that 10K.   Maybe another race soon.

Hi Erika!  Haven't heard from you-  hope you're feeling OK.

Definitely a beautiful morning today -- I started my run at 33° but it warmed up to 37° -- funny how much of a difference 4° makes - I did get almost too warm at the end.

HR a bit high -- just random, I guess.

5.1 miles, 46:33, 9:04/mi, AHR 146 (74% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Dave - what happened?  Curiosity definitely peaked.

I picked up the shirts today - finished ones look good, but not quite as good as the image I gave them, but I;m sure my family will be thrilled.

Kim - Wow!  Just the fact that you've thought about coming down is nice.  I think there may be an online site that will update my half and 20 mile splits.  I'll try to find it and post it here next week.

Well, I got in 8.5 today - last long run until the race next Saturday.  I felt really good the whole time.  Early weather looks like next week should be cool with temps in the 40s/50s.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

4 miles for me on the treadmill today.

Sorry for the great mystery.  I don't want to be too specific online because I'd rather I keep my online life disconnected from my professional life if that makes sense.  

I think I've answered everyone who expressed curiosity.  Sometimes the media puts out misleading and false information.

MTA:  I suppose if I really wanted to keep it disconnected, I wouldn't have mentioned it but this one really bothered me.  I am absolutely safe and fine though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ringmaster

Dave, I'm glad you're okay. I understand about keeping your online/professional lives separately, so no worries about not filling us in on every detail--though of course we're all curious now! I imagine you must be quite frustrated on a regular basis by misinformation in the news, huh? Again, I'm glad you're okay, and I hope that means not just the physical but that the knuckles are also slowly regaining blood flow . . . I can't imagine how stressful your job must be, but I'm thankful for what you do.

Kimmie, I did hear about the Orlando incident. I have friends in the area and was thinking about them. I hope your brother is also okay . . . I'm sorry your ankle is still feeling iffy, but glad you're playing it smart and not racing on it. Running rule #8--preventing injuries is easier than treating them.

Paul, you feeling good? Need any pep talks for that last week?

Got my race packet for my half next weekend. Part of me thinks--what the hey, it's just a half, I can run the distance easily. But my PR is so tough that I know it'll be hard to break it and I'm making plans for Race B--just in case. Especially since we CANNOT catch a cool wind around here to save our lives. I gotta stop complaining about the weather. I promise. First 60-degree day.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

Sorry the heat, Vix.  Not sure how you do it but I guess after a while you get acclimated.

14.2 miles, 2:02:22, 8:36/mi, AHR 154 (78% MHR)

5@8:58(141), 4@8:39(153), 5.24@8:12(166)

HR a bit higher today -- I'll watch this, as I just starting taking a new BP med.

Dave

Great run, Lou.  Hope the new meds work well for you.

Heading out now for at least an hour.  Beautiful morning.  Ipod loaded up with my long run mix.  Can't wait.

MTA:  1:41, 11.52 miles. Miscalculated and didn't bring water so it was a bit of a slog.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Well I had a GREAT run!! Amanda  "took pity" on a lonely old marathoner and gave me some bunny ears, bow tie and a cotton tail and told me to run the marathon. Despite ACTUALLY having thoughts in my mind that this was STUPID (legs were sore from Fridays hills, right calf felt tight and I've been having some weird stuff going on with my right foot (only bothers me AFTER a run and not for long though I told dh I'm waiting to pull a "Dena Castor (sp?) I signed up this morning donned  bunny outfit and ran the marathon.  Had a very enjoyable race with only 2 real complaints. 1 was the MUCH needed waterstops weren't there (not waterstop throughout the hilly section (I think that was 17-21 or something like that) and only 2 after that. The second was having us run through the industrial area where they had 2 lanes of traffic idling (mainly Truckers) by. Anyway I'll write up my report sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Time was3:53 and change Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Pam, that picture on FB was what I thought it was, right?

Dang, girl.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Pam, that picture on FB was what I thought it was, right?

Dang, girl.

Yes it was lol OUCH is right. "note too self" do not wear a lace bra for a marathon 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yes it was lol OUCH is right. "note too self" do not wear a lace bra for a marathon 

Lace bra?  What are you nuts?  Smile

Nice job, Pam and Amanda! -- wait, did Amanda run, too?  or is hers next weekend?

I am such a numbers geek lmao. One thing nice about these smaller races is it's easier to count how many people passed you and visa versa. Now I haven't checked to see how many people I passed though from what I gathered after a quick glance it was A LOT more than those that passed me. Seems 3 guys and 2 girls passed me after the 6 mile mark, I passed them (not sure about 1 girl since there was no time at the turn around)  at the turn around (not sure which mile that was) and they passed me and finished up to 3 minutes in front of me. One thing I did notice was there were quite a few peeps who didn't have a 6 mile time and the turn around time was either a few minutes off of their finish time or like 20 minutes  (the turn around was somewhere around mile 15 I think)

MTA: I passed well over 100 people (stopped at 100) Not that it matters to anyone else I just think it's cool Smile

Lace bra?  What are you nuts?  Smile

Nice job, Pam and Amanda! -- wait, did Amanda run, too?  or is hers next weekend?

Hasn't it been established that I'm nuts? lol

Yes Amanda ran today Smile She was a kitty RAWRRRRRRRRRRR

evanflein

Hi Kimmie! Just a quick fly by... been super busy with meetings and travel. Managed to run a little bit but not much. That's ok. Lots of cross training, pool running, weights and the like. Holding my own weight wise. Seemed to have hurt my ankle slipping on the ice getting out of the car. Drat. That's the last thing I need. Oh well. Next week I'll still be really crazy at work and traveling to Seattle on Tuesday for all day meetings on Wednesday. Then, things should settle down a bit I hope... See you guys next week.