Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/31 (Read 238 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Ok.  I'll bite since nothing's started yet.  Of course, I haven't run anything yet today, but will hopefully get 4 in later.

Here's to another great week for everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

JF - here I am!  Will be visiting the baby starting Friday.

Little 3 miler this morning -- 3.1 miles, 29:31, 9:23/mi, AHR 129 (66% MHR)

Heckova run for Erika yesterday!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

oh I forgot all about starting the thread!!! sorry!

Lou - yeah!!!

Nice run Erika and CONGRATS on the new weekly milage PR!

We expect lots of pictures Lou!!! 

Enjoy your run later Paul!

Hope 1st day of school is going well Shan!

Well I had a great weekend. 16 miler on Saturday and a day full of Softball capped off with a 6 mile run!  Saturdays run wasn't all that great. I had no energy and it was hotter and sunnier than I had expected.  Hadn't planned on playing softball yesterday but dh had me bring sneakers just in case. Glad I did, it was a blast! Nothing like slipping and sliding in mud while trying to throw/catch balls and run bases. We finished around 2 (started at 9am) and all I could think of was PANCAKES! Needless to say my wonderful dh made me pancakes when we got home. I really really must have needed the carbs. I ended up taking a nap afterwards. I woke up feeling like crap however by 6:30 I was itchen to run and it was way more enjoyable then I had expected. Kept it short since dh decided that we should go out for dinner afterwards. Well so much for the twins going to bed by 8pm (their school bed time). It was more like 10 pm lol

Hope everyone  has a great Monday!! 

BTW my butt is sore *sigh*  not sure why lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Pam, your butt is probably sore from the softball! Lots of new moves you don't do just running in a straight line.

After yesterday's run, my foot is a little sore. Not really bad, but just enough to tell me to back off a bit. Was hoping to finish up the month with a short recovery run, and while I'm not saying I won't, I'm not going to push it. I might hit the gym at lunchtime, and/or the pool after work for some pool running. That's my favorite recovery activity anyway. Hey, I've been digging around in my log history, and my highest month prior to this was 226 in March 2008 (prep for Boston). This month I have a little over 251 for a new monthly PR! Three weeks of 60+ will do that, I guess. I sure don't know how some folks run well over 300 in a month. Not only would my body object, I think my family and employer would too!

butt and back lol  Damn softball lol

CONGRATS on your monthy pr Erika!!!  If I had a "real job"  I'd be in the same boat as you.  I may or may not be going back to school come next year. I thought about  this fall however gotta train for Steamtown and Boston. I would LOVE to be working however with my "limited" skills it wouldn't be cost effective  for me to work.

Just had lunch so I'll be ready to do my weight workout around 2:30 -2:45.  Hopefully my body isn't too sore from my softball workout lol.

MTA: hope your foot feels better ASAP! I don't need to tell you to listen to your body Smile  

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hey, congrats on the new month mileage PR Smile

and to Pam for starting her new softball career while retaining her running career simultaneously -- and twin-rearing and whatever other careers...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Just got in a little over 4 miles of recovery running and finished the month just shy of 150.  Total mileage came in at 148.5, so i missed the 150, but set a new PR for monthly mileage.

Paul

evanflein

Congrats, Paul! Feels good, doesn't it?

I did a quick (well, not quick, but short) 2 mile recovery run at the gym, then about 15 minutes of ab/core work then some light stretching. Amazing how fast a lunch hour slips by when you have to drive to even a nearby facility to do your workout!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's about 74 out, which felt great to us at the start of the run, but a bit cold by the end

DW's workout, so all paces are her paces

2mi at MP, then 4x2mi tempo w 2min recovery, then 3mi at MP

and she was cold by the last 3mi

and we went to get Italian water ice after it was all over

and she was so cold we sat in the car to eat them, to stay out of the breeze

funny that 74F felt cold to us -- just the change from the 80s we've been having I guess

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

74 felt cold?  You are a warm weather runner, Perry.

Congrats on the PRs for TY and Erika!

It was 52° at the start of the run today, which was just a bit chilly to start but perfect after a mile or so.  This or a little cooler is my best running weather.

10.1 miles, 1:21:32, 8:05/mi, AHR 154 (79% MHR)

We have some hornets living above our front porch -- I think I mentioned this -- and I haven't been able to get rid of them.  So yesterday I called Orkin and they were happy to make an appointment for tomorrow morning.  Well they called last night at 10pm -- woke me out of a dead sleep -- to tell me that they were going to call me today and tell me when they'd be able to arrive tomorrow.  How dumb is that?  I scolded them for calling at that late hour.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

TY - congrats on the mileage PR

Erika - how you feelin? I always enjoy recovery runs... sick I know...

AP - when i started my workout yesterday I thought the same thing - oh hey this is chilly... course I was in jeans all weekend...

Lou - nice run! and I would have had a few choice words for them calling me after 8pm....

Happy Camper

2600 yds in the pool this morning.  Air temp was 49o . 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

Had an awesome 8.1 miles this morning.  Just awesome!  62 degrees felt amazing.

Paul

evanflein

JF, I'm staying home today. Feel about the same as yesterday, but if I don't lay low at least one day I don't think I'll ever kick this thing. I rarely get "sick" like some others in this house (ahem...) but I can get just enough of something that I feel draggy for weeks. I think it's because I'm healthy enough to have good resistance, but I cut myself short on sleep/rest a lot so never can get over even a little something for a long time. What better time to take a break and rest than right after a peak week?