Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/31 (Read 238 times)

evanflein

Yeah... "the foot" has been more or less behaving. My "new normal," as I call it, is to have a constant minor swelling, stiffness and achiness there at the base of third toe. But its been more swollen than usual and very sore, up into the metatarsals in the instep area. Not happy with that development. I did step on a few roots hard, and one rock that I can remember. It's a rough course... Not sure if that's the reason or just the culmination of all the miles, etc. You can be sure I'll be babying it for awhile... wearing sandals at work again.

Congratulations, Murphy!  Please friend me at http://www.facebook.com/lou.king so I can see, too!

Creepy neighbor, ugh -- hope that gets resolved soon, Shan

Erika - geez you have been struggling with your feet, huh?

I know I missed something but I'm just skimming.  Went climbing with my brother this afternoon after visiting with my niece at the cool new job she has at one of the theatres in Bethesda.  Re climbing I had no stamina (nor strength in my arms or fingers).

While he's more of a fencer and climber than runner, he wore me out this morning -- I only got 7.5 miles out of planned 10.  No problem but we went out too fast and did too many hills.

7.6 miles, 1:01:55, 8:07/mi, AHR 154 (79% MHR)

Hey I finally finished putting together the video of my grandson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_nS5-h1Uo

MTA: just reread the last sentence.  I said "the video" as if that will be the only one.  HA!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

BOING BOING BOING.... BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE.... I'm a little bit hyper.... it's a rest day... I'm super hyper!
          Shan - if it's a rest day, three miles SLOW is ok Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan - if it's a rest day, three miles SLOW is ok Smile

no sir. rest is rest.

evanflein

5.5 miles with #4 and 5 at tempo pace (7:50), 8:15 avg pace for the whole run. Might see about pool running tonight. Not sure.

We'll be taking our dog to the shelter to have her put down this afternoon. We've probably waited too long but it's so hard to say goodbye. My 15 year old doesn't remember life without her as he was just 2 when we brought her home. It'll seem very strange around our house without a big ol' yellow dog smiling at me when I come home.

So sorry, Erika

So sorry Erika!! ((((HUGS))))

Got in a great weight workout early this afternoon. Spent the afternoon at the pool and just got in a little over 9 easy miles. Feeling GREAT!  It's gonna be hard to get a run in tomorrow *sigh* However if I don't I don't. We're going to a baseball game then spending the night at the stadium. This was supposed to happen on the twins birthday however it got rained out. Gonna be a great night

Enjoy your rest day Shan. Hope you were active in other ways!  Rest days are GREAT days for cross training!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

I was not active. Rest days for me are just that. A complete day off. But thank you for the well wishes.

Erika - I am so sorry...

theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry about your dog, Erika.  I know that was hard.

Had a 8 mile pace run this morning and...WOW!...did it feel amazing.  Best one of those I've had by far.  Having never run a marathon, I just ran what felt good and ended up with a real nice progression run of negative splits.  First mile was 9:55 and they got faster until the last one at 8:35.  Don't think I'll run that fast in the marathon, but it was nice running it this morning!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AWESOME Paul!!!!

Shan I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I ever had a COMPLETE rest day! I've always heard, been told and read that it's better to do something on rest day then just rest. Something about getting the blood flow going and flushing out toxins etc etc

Well my ass is sooooooooooooooooooooooo sore!!!  Since I just got back to working out with the weights a couple weeks ago I've "gradually" been putting in exercises as well. Well I added weighted lunges and leg lifts yesterday. OUCH!  I'm sure I over did the lunges but that's me. Just like I overdid my chest exercises the first week. I may feel it today however after a few days  it will be a LONG time before I feel that type of soreness again (just like my chest)

I'll probably workout my upper body again today since it's not sore from yesterdays workout.  May or may not get a run in, depends on if Ken can get out of work early enough. I think everythings packed for tonight. Twins are super excited.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend

MTA: there will be no run tonight Sad  Guess it's a double header tonight so the twins and I will be at the stadium around 4:30 and Ken won't be leaving work until around then. This makes for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG night! Good thing I've scheduled my long run for Sunday instead of tomorrow!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Back from Fort Benning.  I'll try and catch up later.  Enjoying the weekend with the family before I'm off again on Tuesday (and will be off the net for a couple of weeks).

Easy runs everyone.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Back from Fort Benning.  I'll try and catch up later.  Enjoying the weekend with the family before I'm off again on Tuesday (and will be off the net for a couple of weeks).

Easy runs everyone.

Welcome home Dave!! Enjoy the holiday weekend!  

As for me guess it's time to pack the car! 

Hope everyone has a SAFE holiday weekend!!!  

We're up in Cambridge, MA visiting dawndaughter1 and her family -- last night's activity was washing all the dishes and doing all the laundry.  I think today we're cleaning the house.  Poor kids they look a bit shell-shocked -- I guess you don't get much sleep with a new-born.

Ran 6 on the minuteman trail -- what a wonderful running resource and the head is right next to where we're staying.

6.2 miles, 55:56, 8:57/mi, AHR 133 (68% MHR)

theyapper

On the road again...

Have a great visit, Lou.  I know they're glad to have the help!

Just got in from my longest run to date - 17 miles.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be (but don't interpret that as me saying it was easy).  Now I'm off to sit in a tub of really cold water.

Have a great week-end!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul