Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/27 (Read 269 times)

Hail to The Victors!

Ran 3.5 at lunch, 9:25 avg pace which felt just about right.

Here's the link to my race report from yesterday's race. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/7dc3db58ca1640e1ac8a459a79540bf4

Nice race and nice race report!  That definitely puts the race course I ran this weekend to shame!

12 on tap today.  Hopefully I can get out early enough to beat the heat.

Dave

That was one great race and race report, Erika.

I especially loved the conversation with your legs:

""C'mon legs, this is what you love!" "Not this year," they replied. "We're just not that into it today.""

I talk to my legs too. 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Passed several runners, including a couple who passed me with a bit of a sneer when I was walking up a hill awhile back. Heh.

The heh is the BEST!!!

Lou - which Pfitz are you following?

Nominally Pfitz 55 miles / 24 weeks, but I generally run 3 miles on the rest days.  Also with my 3 weeks off, I'm just getting back into the schedule

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

7 miles in pea soup this morning.  Can't complain on how it went. Kept it nice and easy. Stopped once for water, once to chat with this guy Basil that I haven't seen since last years Lone Ranger (he lives in Colorado). Looks like he didn't wisen up like I did and ran it again this year. Nothing like beating your legs up running a 24 hour ultra on cement and asphalt. Anyway turns out he'll be running Lehigh marathon this year and will be looking to BQ like he did there last year.  It was nice catching up with him. Anyway continued on my run ran the tail at the end of the loop got back to the car to get water. FRACK FRACK FRACK I forgot water. Needless to say I finished up that last mile and got in car, drove to wa wa and got me a 32oz frozen coke lol.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Legs better today, but still sore. I'll try 5 easy at lunchtime and see how it goes. It was really smoky last night after being so nice during the day (damn wind change!). And it's still pretty smoky out there now. Bad stuff to run in...  

Dave, that's funny. I don't know if many people do that. I make deals with my legs all the time, promising them massage and ice baths if they just do xxx for me now. Sometimes it works. Usually they say "fuggetaboutit..."

Thanks for all the comments on my race report. I'm usually not so sore (usually as in never) after these hilly races I do, so this one has me hoping I didn't damage anything. Time will tell I guess. And if Jelly gets up here and doesn't come up north this far to see me, I'm gonna pout for a long time.

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika - if I come to Alaska - I don't care how far I have to travel I PROMISE I will come to see you! No pouting necessary!!!

Lou - can it really be considered 3 weeks if you were walking 12mm pace???

Another 4 and change in the books... man I've missed this feeling!!!

Kimmie

I unintentionally took 2 days off in a row.

Sunday was a day off... 18 on Saturday took something out of me, but yesterday I intended to get a babysitter to run... DH is out of town.  But DD2 ended up getting stitches in the ER last night and even though she was fine,  I didn't want to leave her with a sitter.

so, no run for me yesterday.

Plan is to run 6 tonight at tempo pace.  It's pretty hot there... we'll see.

I don't know if I ever commented on your race, Jeremy, but great job!!  I know you feel like you went out too fast, but, as you noted, you did recover.  That's very cool.

How's everyone else?

Kimmie

ok, just got back from my run... but I wouldn't call it tempo.  I thought I was doing well, until I saw that we ran an 8:55 pace for 5.5 miles.  I felt every degree of the 95 Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

another 4 and change... 14 and change for the day!!! aaaaahhhhh....

Dave

There are things I miss about Virginia but not that heat.

Nice running, Jelly.  You must be crankin some serious weekly mileage.

Spent the evening trying to cajole my 4 year old into riding on a pull behind trailer (bike)

After some screaming and carrying on ("I'm gonna die!" "how did I get myself into this"), she loved it and we went about 4 miles.  Not a bad workout pulling the extra 70 pounds of bike and kid.  By the end she was singing, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart...".  Priceless.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - I have been in a funk (not a racing funk...a daily running funk... if that makes sense) and my mileage has only been so-so... I woke up on Saturday and it was gone... and now i'm just soaking it up... and it feels GREAT!!!!

Way to get your run in Kimmie. Glad to hear dd is ok!

I can't imagine pulling one of those things behind my bike. Thankfully I'll never have to lol. WTG Dave in getting dd to do it though!

Glad to hear your legs are feeling better Erika!

Nice running Shan.

Didn't get out for my 2nd run until close to 8 pm. Needless to say I only managed to get in 6.2 miles in. Promised the kids I'd be home to tuck them in (their bedtime is 8:30 but they got to stay up late since I wasn't home) Now it's time for coffee and my apple dumplings.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Shan, glad to hear you're past your running funk.  Even with the walking I lost a lot of conditioning -- still recoverying now, what is it -- five weeks later?

E.g., set out to do 5x600m but only got through 4 of them today.

8.1 miles, 1:07:25, 8:20/mi, AHR 160 (82% MHR)

workout miles@pace(AHR) = 1.48@6:33(176)

splits:

2:22(168) [0.37=6:25]

2:24(185) [0.37=6:29]

2:26(172) [0.37=6:35]

2:28(179) [0.37=6:41]

Hey, Dave!  You running in the morning?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - sorry to hear you lost some conditioning. I'm sure you will bounce back quickly though! nice run this morning!

4 and change this morning. It was rough - felt like the last 5k of a race. I think it has to do with food. Yesterday I didn't eat as much as I normally do and haven't had breakfast yet this morning. Ok time for fruit pancakes!!! mmmmm