Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/27 (Read 269 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Shan - Fruit pancakes sound good.  Probably better than the Raisin Bran I had after my 3 and some change run.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Hey, Dave!  You running in the morning?

I've been inspired but not following through too well.  Most runs have been late evening except on weekends.  I need to start running at work again but I'm missing the athletic center we had at my last job.  No good place to run.  Treadmills are adjacent to a little convenience store so I can have a candy bar after my workout. 

Morning will probably work best but so far, I haven't been able to get to bed early enough to make it work.  Stays light late here (western edge of the eastern time zone).  Kids playing until 9.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hope now that things are settling down Dave that you'll find your running mojo and get out more! I totally understand the whole not being able to get up early enough for an early morning run. My husband has been dealing with that since he started this job that he's at now. Doesn't help that he has a little over an hour commute each day. Needless to say I'm finding it my job to make sure he gets out for his run. Last night I refused to go out for my run until he got his in.

Got 8 miles in this morning and am looking forward to running maybe a bit longer than 8 tonight. Depends on the weather though. If we get thunder/lightning and hail not sure dh will let me out. Hope it's just rain

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Shan, if your going to be running more especially multiple runs a day you better up your calories quite a bit. I'm finding it hard keeping up with my eating to support my running. Right when I think I've got it figured out the fire inside me starts burning hotter and I find that I need more *sigh*  Good luck!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Pam - yeah I know. I think it was the heat I was actually way below what i normally eat... But I haven't turned on my ac yet in the apt so its pretty warm and keeping me from wanting to cook! haha but I gotta, this morning was a great reminder of why!!!
              Heat KILLS my appetite however I've found something that helps. Either fresh juicy fruit (watermelon/cantelope etc) or a nice frozen coke lol

Oh Mighty Wing

lol good call!!!

Happy Camper

Wymens Ha!  There has never been a time that I could not out eat my training.  I've done better lately but not by choice.  Bad blood sugar number.  Had a very nice 6-miler this morning.  I feel like I'm almost back to where I was in mid-May before I got hurt.  Hope it continues.  6.07 miles, 56:46, 145 AVG HR,  77% of MHR.  The week gets busy starting tomorrow.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

On vacation at beach this week, so getting a fair amount (more than usual) running in. Of course I have not remembered to carry water with me even once, so it's not like I'm intelligent about it, but at least I'm enjoying the running.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Hey Perry, that's what counts.

P2R, that's funny... being able to out eat your training. I seem to be able to do that, too. My highest mileage months always seem to be the highest weight months...

I got 6 miles in today at lunch. Sort of a progressive pace run, with the first ouchie mile with a downhill trail section to get to the main bike path... 9:14, 9:00, 8:36, 8:00, 7:30, 8:10; then a .6 mile walk back up that hill to my office. After my legs get over the shock of having to run, they do ok.

Kimmie

Yes, I eat more than I run... wish I could run more than I eat.  Smile

Think I'm still recovering from the fast 18 miler on Saturday.  Is that possible?  I went out to run 5 miles of hills, and quickly knew I did not have a hill workout in me, so I turned it into a somewhat hilly 7 miler.  The humidity is killing me a little bit, but I can only be very thankful that we had such low humidity at the beginning of the summer.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

K: It's only Wed -- I've definitely heard of people taking that long to recover from a long run, much less a long & fast run.

One of the brilliant moves I made was to decide not to overdo it with shoes, and just bring two active pairs of running shoes, along with two backup old pairs in my trunk. I like to keep two old pairs in my trunk these days, so I always have a clean pair of shoes to change into; I used to keep one pair there, but after several times of changing into it and forgetting to replace it, I decided to up the reserve to two pairs.

When I unpacked here, I found that one of my pairs of active shoes was mismatched -- and I don't mean just a little -- it was a right shoe and a left shoe, alright, but one was one of mine, and one was one of my wife's. Oops. No use that "pair" is. So I'm doing a lot of running in "retired" pairs, especially as I keep getting rained on, which takes a pair out of use for a day to get dry.

PS: We've been doing more blueberries, strawberries, and grapes this summer -- I find those easy to stuff some into my mouth after a run. Sometimes I feel too tired to handle meat, or just not feeling like eating much of anything -- but the fruit I find pretty easy to stuff into the mouthhole anyway.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

haha about the shoes.  We are very careful about where each of our shoes are kept in our closet.  But there is the story about me walking around London in my wife's jeans.  I thought I'd gained weight.

3.1 miles, 29:09, 9:16/mi, AHR 132 (68% MHR)

jelly!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Got in one of the best 6 mile runs I've had.  Nothing overly aggressive, but just running by feel and not really checking the Garmin during the run.  Came back and found that I'd run negative splits on every mile.

11:17 / 10:41 / 10:38 / 10:38 / 10:18 / 9:39

No record breaking times there, for sure, but it was easy and fun.  It was also in 100% humidity.  Now I'm hopping in a van and heading up to Ohio on a youth trip until Sunday.  At least I'll have a change of scenery for my scheduled 12 miler on Saturday.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

lou - that was great!!! thanks!!!

TY - nice run!

AP - mmmm fruit!!!!

No run for me this morning. I woke up late and need to get my living room ready for the couch I'm going to get in an hour.