Marathon Trainers

1/14-4/20 (Read 225 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Still sick, stll struggling. Revising my goals for Bayshore next month. I'm thinking I'm gonna try and hit a 4:30 instead of the 4:15 I was originally gonna target. I can live with that. Not all of them have ideal training circumstances. This will be some experience on making the best of not so ideal circumstances and adjusting goals when things go poorly. Undecided

Dave

MrI, sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. Sucks. 4:30 is still way better than DNS. I'm afraid I'm going to have to reduce expectations for my next HM as well. Cross trained today with 25 minutes on the elliptical plus some back/ab work. Calf is still sore and I don't want to set myself back another week by running on it too soon.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Gentlemen, I'm sorry to hear you are both struggling right now! But, it will get better!! And modified goals are always better than no goal at all!! My head got the better of my run today - only 1.6...

Happy Camper

MrI & Dave: Hope you recover well. Tough to make the adjustments. Nicer weather is soon to be here. Best wishes for speedy recovery. You may be able to pull in to shape quicker than you think. Nice and sunny here today. Best I've felt since the marathon. Did 9 & change this morning. Came home and did a 2/12/2 brick workout this evening. Wow, I had forgotten how much those suck! Duathlon is Saturday. I entered the long course which is 2.5/15/2.5 Right now I'm tempted to drop down to the short course. I won't place in either distance. It's just the pain involved would be much less on the short course.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Dgb, Have you considered graston treatment? I swear if I had had just one treatment on my sore calf I would not have missed marathon. Just a thought. Think Salad, would tell you what a difference it can make too. Wow how about that London marathon? Would have loved to have been there. MTA: I just read freckles race report. Dam I'm hungry to run a marathon. 15 tomorrow will have to do.

Bugs

Cashmason

Pace is that you posting over on the Kick multi sport thread? One of the guys that posts there was the number 3 American in this years London Marathon. Finished in 2:59 I think.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - You will do great on either course!! Bugs - 15?? go bugs go bugs go bugs (please insert the cabbage patch into that)

Happy Camper

Pace is that you posting over on the Kick multi sport thread? One of the guys that posts there was the number 3 American in this years London Marathon. Finished in 2:59 I think.
                  Yes that's me. Just confused about all the varying training and how you mix it up. Hard bike one day followed by easy swim next? Do the reverse next week? How do you keep the hard/easy mix going working three sports? Are you able to work harder at each because they are different? I'm hoping the mix will improve my general fitness because of the change in routine. Wow on the 2:59.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Suppose to be 40 mpw hour winds tonight. Kind of takes the thrill out of short weather.

Bugs

Beer Drinker

i did a hilly 6 this morning in 54 mins. felt good and still had plenty of gas in the tank. this is my last big week before tapering. hoping for about 60 miles total, hoping for 26 this saturday. good runs everyone.
                      Start off easy, then slow down.

Oh Mighty Wing

I took today off... I knew today's run would be much like yesterday's pitiful attempt so I came home and decided I needed a mental health afternoon (oddly enough running doesn't help me when my head is whirling like it is)... so I was going to get ice cream and sit on the couch - instead i made a stuffed chicken with mashed potatoes and am still sitting on the couch!! mmmm it was soo good... and now i'm contemplating a nap... maybe i'm a little run down or something?
                        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Suppose to be 40 mpw hour winds tonight..
                          Someone's got mileage on her mind. I went to the ER last night. I thought I had pneumonia. I couldn't freaking breath, lungs hurt, coughing a ton but nothing coming up, headache and shortness of breath. I don't have pneumonia. Basically I got a nasty flu and then towards the end of it I got a different flu. Doc gave me some antibiotics, 800 mg Motrins and CODEINE! I felt tons and tons better this morning and continued to get better as they day went on. I'm getting ready to take DD to the park in a bit. I'm not gonna be doing much of anything, but I feel well enough to hang outside for a while. I'm tentatively going to try a run on Thursday. Wish me luck.

Dave

Good luck on your run, MrI. Bugs, I haven't considered that treatment but I looked it up and it seems like a good option. Unfortunately, this will be a case where active duty military healthcare will probably mean I have to pay for it out of pocket. It may help for my wife's MCL injury. Speaking of, we got the MRI back. Ugh... Torn ACL ("no fibers intact"), torn MCL, some meniscus damage. We'll know more after she gets the knee scoped. Very high probability of surgery to replace the ACL. Guess I won't whine too much about my calf.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dgb, It may only take one treatment. My calf problem went away with one treatment, but I injured just about everything else with the orthotics that I started wearing after the calf injury. Graston is amazing, especially if the doc is good. I don't even want to think about my medical costs, graston treatment only $6, but ambulance, E.R., hospital, cardiologists, yikes. Oh well.. Inertia oh man I am sorry you are so sick. Rest, avoid the crash cart. 15 miles tonight on tired legs. I have trouble planning my stomach for long evening runs, I'm now limping around very uncomfortable and well let's just say I may need a pillow to sit on tomorrow. I lost my car key on the trail, asked this girls if I could use their cell phone, and they said they saw it. Ran back and found it. How lucky was that! Glad to have it in the books, next long run will be better for it.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr I - i'm so sorry to hear you are soo sick!!! I hope the med. helps! Dgb - Sorry to hear about DW's injuries! that really sucks! Bugs - glad you completed your run and found your keys!! Hope you are feeling less sore today!