Marathon Trainers

3/31 - 4/6 (Read 207 times)

Cashmason

Thought for the day: It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages". Friedrich Nietzsche
    Cashmason

Quote from Bugs: They did a cat-scan and found nothing in my head, go figure. This is priceless. I couldn't let it pass. Think you got it from Grandma Erika? wink.
      Cashmason

4 miles around the park tonight with g/f at her pace. Next on the list is possibly the Cal State University tri. Sometimes I run with friends or tri club members. One of which is training for their first marathon. And a friend of mine is a race director for a local Ultra. 50k and 50 miler. I would like to be in good enough shape to go on the training runs when they do half of the 50k. But its pretty steep single track trails So I better be able to 20 miles comfortably at sea level before I think of going out with those guys.

Oh Mighty Wing

bye bugs we'll miss you!!! good luck in your zen state!!
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

They did a cat-scan and found nothing in my head,.
            That's no big deal. I've been told I have nothing in my head many many times and I seem to get by just fine - enjoy your break. Just 4 easy this morning. I so cannot wait to race tomorrow.

Happy Camper

MrI: Go get'em tomorrow! You will sub 2:00. Good running! Finished up the week with an easy 4. Will take Saturday off and head to St. Louis. Bib number is 584. Hope I sleep well the next two nights. No issues or soreness. They've taken the ran out of Sunday's forecast so 40's at start and 60's later in the day. Look like things are falling into place for this one.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Pace - any goals for Sunday?
                evanflein

They did a cat-scan and found nothing in my head, go figure.
                  This has got to be the quote of the year. Take care of yourself, Bugs. See you when you get back. {{Bugs}} MrI, I told myself last year that 2008 would be the year I do my first Ultra. Seeing as how there are none around here and my travel budget has been axed, I'm not sure how I'll do that, but hey the year is still young, right? and I agree with P2R that the sub-2 is yours for the taking! P2R, good luck to you, too! Adventure racing... hmmm, well they've started a trail series here locally so I'll do some of those, but I don't think any are even HM length. But get me off the roads for the most part, so that'll be nice. Gotta find something really different from running along bikepaths... Speaking of bikepaths, had a nice run in shorts last night! Woohoo! Cash would've laughed at my moon-glow legs, but it was 50F and no wind... couldn't resist. Running over snow on the shaded section of the trail in shorts was fun. 7.07 miles, 59:22.... last 2 miles nice and EZ with DH. Rest day today, but some sort of VRAA point activity will happen.

Beer Drinker

MRI - good luck tomorrow pace - kick ass in st louis bugs - take it easy, see you soon evanflein - i didnt know you did carlsbad, i would have come out and cheered for you! i took a few days off after doing 23ish last saturday... something like 5k verticle (and decsent) i was pretty beat up. did a slow four on wed, took thurs off and ran a fast (for me) 8 this morning in about 70 minutes. saturday my daughter is running in the carlsbad 5000m kids run... her race is about 400 meters, been training at a school track for a couple of weeks - so freekin cute. then takin the family to watch the padres crush the dodgers. im hoping for a big day sunday, going out solo for 20 - 26 unsupported on the PCT in Laguna. wish me luck, ill need it..
                    Start off easy, then slow down.

Oh Mighty Wing

salad - good luck!!! you'll do great!!! Erica - you could make an ultra - go all Race Director on us!!! That would certainly keep you busy! And then you wouldn't have to travel or pay an entrance fee!! Mr I and Pace - GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Race well race hard! 7 miles for me today! Haven't posted in the last couple days because I skipped a run and did not make it up... but got out there today and had a great time!! Minus the emergency potty stop... 3 tomorrow... It's funny how after 3 no running days i could keep not running, but then I run and i remember why!
                      Cashmason

Erika, I am one of those weird guys who likes "moon glow" over a tan any day. Salad, If I could keep up your pace, I think Laguna sounds fantastic. But I just can't keep up the pace on trails. Love trails, but my flat land legs just don't have it yet. Hope to be in good enough shape, when Gary starts his training runs for Mt. Dis in June. Think the first training run is half of the 50k.

Happy Camper

I'm going for my first sub 4:00. In 2006 it took me 4:19 to run St. Louis. I used a spreadsheet I got from a forum at RW and printed a pace band for 3:55 that takes into account course profile. It will help to know which miles to speed up and which miles not to beat myself up with trying to hold an even split. I think I'm two good nights sleep away from finally doing it. My 5k and 1/2 times from March project it's possible, I just need to not run myself out of it early and handle the hills between miles 24 and 25.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Cashmason

Good Luck Pace. Bugs take care of yourself, and see you in a week or two. You have lots of invisible friends here.

Dave

I'll pass along my best wishes for our racers this weekend (P2R, Mr. I, Salad, I apologize if I missed anyone). Bugs has invisible friends. Interesting. Not sure about invisible but we've kept you in our prayers at this end Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

You have lots of invisible friends here.
                                but doc said she had nothing wrong in her head! Tongue (anyone else seeing Drop Dead Fred in their mind??)