Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/10 (Read 277 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm starting a new thread??  Oh, my!

4 easy recovery miles this morning.  Hope everyone had a great week-end!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Good morning!

Little recovery run on tired legs from yesterday.

3.1 miles, 29:58, 9:34/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - grandbaby???

Kimmie - how ya feeling?

TY - you really have some good running going on!! That's awesome!

Pace - looks like you had a great week! and glad the injury didn't act up even if it was a crap race.

Bugs - glad to hear you are running well!!! This was my 5th consecutive weekend and my 17th in 5 months.

Erika - sorry to hear about the tough race.

Kimmie - why the caution? did I miss an injury?

Good morning Paul, Lou and Shan and everyone else as they appear.

I've yet to catch up on what's been going on however I did see some great pictures on last weeks thread. This cold is back to kicking my ass and I feel like crap. I sound worse than a frog that smokes. I was thinking of keeping the twins home so I didn't have to worry about getting them to camp and then picking them up but they want to go badly. Both are showing signs of catching this freaken cold though. Plan for  today is rest rest rest with moving around every so often and taking Kallie for a nice "long" walk. Marathon shuffle got nothing on this 100 mile "shuffle" if you can call it that lol.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. I'm hoping I'm feeling better sometime today cause I want to write my RR while it's "fresh" in my memory. That ain't happening this morning. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Pam when i slowly rolled out of bed today I thought of you and whether or not you would fall out of bed... cause i'm pretty sure I would... well if I could move at all!!
              I'm not sure how I got out of bed. The first few minutes after "getting up" from either the couch or bed I can't really walk that much. After stretching a bit I tip toe around. My calves are really tight which isn't supprising since I ran 100 miles on my toes.

Oh and there was a guy there that started out with a white cape (knew he looked familiar) turns out it was Keith Straw.If anyone doesn't know who that is, that's the guy who runs all these races in a pink tutu. BTW wasn't long before he lost the cape and ran bare chested lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

hey there-

good morning!

so sorry you're feeling yucky Pam.

My cold is better, but not all the way better... that was the me being cautious, Jelly- not racing with a cold.

I never get sick in the summer, weird.  I think I heard somewhere that after a long run, your immune system is temporarily down.  I thought about that as I ran 20 on Saturday and then went to a conference with thousands of other people and their germs.  Smile  who knows... oh well.  I need to get better before I go to this wedding this weekend.

I plan to run today when DH gets home.  That will give me a whole day to get my head cleared out a little.

Pam, I don't know if you're like me, but I find it hard to rest... Hope you can get some.  Don't feel guilty.

Jelly-  I really liked reading about your latest marathon.  That's inspiring.

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - there is nothing wrong with cautious! And thanks. It was a good day. And I'm trying to do better about this whole report thing - they may never be much, but Erika is really good at making me feel guilty

Lou - grandbaby??

No news yet.  I hope he hurries, as I have to be here next week for sure for work. 

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Yesterday was a 15 mile slog here.  Wet, sweaty soggy slog.   twas 95% humidity and 80 degrees.  Woo. Today's a little better, but not much.  Gonna be some slow running today, I think.

Bugs

Pam,

You are amazing.

My hamstring was tightt this morning, some soreness in legs and bagged the run. I'm headed out now to drive to a trail the resort lady told me about. Not sure how i will survive without being able to drop of water, so 15 miles may not happen. Decided running some place new was more important than a long run incase I only make it 8 miles.

Bugs

Kimmie

I love running someplace new.

Talk about a slog.  I just ran 3.5 in 98 and some crazy high humidity.   Felt great to be back out though.  First time since Thursday... whew- just pouring in sweat.

Bugs

Kim,

Humidity is bad here too.

Erika,

I watched a TV show about Alaska, (soaking in the cabel TV since we don't have it at home). They said 1 in 60 people in Alaska own an airplane. Time to sell some oil and buy yourself one. Wink

I found a trail, but I think it was a different one. I went out six miles and back. Around a couple of lakes, but mostly through seriously tall pines. Provided some very nice shade. Wish I had been able to run longer, but legs were done and I wanted to be back to the resort before dark. We're in reservation territory here, lots of poor people and it makes me nervous. 

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Crystal popped up and ran 11mi (included some tempo stuff) at 0630 in the morning. I was lazy and slept in, so it was low 90s when I went, so I also did 11mi, but with no tempo stuff, just getting tired and hot stuff Smile

I did actually drink during this run, for maybe the first run in several weeks, so I was proud of myself for that -- had water 3 times during that run.

I read with great interest Pam's 100mi race report -- lotsa smilies, and she she doesn't look to be in any kind of pain at all in the photos -- not sure if they're staged, or she just photographs well, because her race description sounds like it involved a lot of pain and suffering...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Glad I make Jelly feel guilty. She should write more details!!  and pictures!

Where's Pam's RR?

Hope you guys are all doing well. I'm in Kenai this week with spotty internet access. I've got a big week of running and  a lot of soccer going on. They won their first game today. One a day except a day "off" on Thursday (I'm sure that's just to get all the families to spend more money here). I'm running but will have to rearrange my schedule a lot to make it all fit.

Fingers crossed for that grandbaby to show up soon!!!