jhallum 9.3 mi 1:19:18
    Dutchie42 4 mi 44:55
    Cashmason 2.9 mi 26:26
    theyapper66 2.4 mi 33:59
    Bugs 2 mi 20:00
    KristenJBerg    
    rockenmamaof5    
    willamona

So many good races last week by Kim, Murphy and Erika.  Bugs, hope your doing better with the soreness today.  I'm home this week enjoying a nice staycation and getting some DIY projects done.  Today I'll start putting  some laminate flooring down in the master bedroom.  That is after I get a trail run in.  It's bright, sunny and very nice out. 

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs, it was great hearing from you.. I'm with P2R in hoping you are feeling better. I'm feeling much better today. Feet and ankles are sore. And I'm still healing overall. I think I will be able to get some light running in tomorrow or Thursday. On my rest day I was busy taking my son to the doctor, and filling prescriptions..poor guy. I have a race report on the racing board if anyone is interested.
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's time for me to take an easy day -- or more than one (even if I didn't run 24 HOURS! That's a long time, gee.)

I surprised myself with a big 5K PR on Sat, then ran 22mi on slow trails on Sunday's group long run, then 16mi last night. I didn't expect to ever run a 5K that fast, and I was also pleasantly surprised to actually get back-to-back long runs in -- DW ran with me last night, which helped make it happen.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Holy crap, Perry. You're an animal! 17:46?? Yeah, you're so sly you make me go check your log. Very nicely done, and yeah, why don't you take an easy/rest day?

Nice to see Bugs, and hope you're feeling better soon. You've had quite the summer. What's your upcoming marathon? Mankato?

Gotta go check out Murphy's race report.

Easy running for me this week. It feels weird to not be training for anything... No race on the calendar till Boston!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Erika: Are there races around that you could do in the meantime, if you decide to do so? Just curious -- I don't know if you have very sparse pickings, or simply haven't picked any other intervening races, or if you deliberately want to skip racing betwixt now and then.

Bugs

Perry

That is smokin fast.

Erika,

My marathon is November 13th in San Anotonio Texas. My neice lives there. ** HOWEVER ** I want to run Mankato as a training run. It is four weeks before San Anotonio.  I don't want to risk injury by running 26 miles in training. So my master plan is to run a few miles at the start, walk a few hills out in the country side when I will be without crowd support, and jog my 20 mile run. My RP is planning to run the last 10 miles with me. I plan to keep it slow.

Everyday I feel better. Sure was a funny run today. Garmin wrist band broke at start of run. Not sure how to fix it. Duck tape? Anyway, then got blasted by wind, then by rain. Was in the trees for my second bathroom break when a black cat ran by me.  A sign my luck as ran out.

BTW, I have a Garmin 205. If I need to buy new what is best to buy these days?

I'm a volunteer at a Mud Run race this weekend. I am making the motivational/mantra signs for the race. So much run making the signs.

What do you think of the race signs? Got any more suggestions? I still have time to print more signs.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Garmin might sell you a new band.

I bought a new band from them for my 405 - but the rubber is broken where the pin is, so it tends to come off.

I think the 205 is pretty much state of the art, so a new band seems appropriate.

The only reason to go to 310 would be for swim use as I think it is waterproof.  But as I understand it that unit has the same gps chip and software as the 205.

I wouldn't recommend the 400 series.  I've heard a couple of people complaining about the bezel-based controls.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

I ordered a new band from garmin.

How about those race signs?

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I like 'em. Colorful, varied, entertaining.

Trying to recall what I've seen that gave me a chuckle:

Beer is for Finishers

Hmp. Can't think of anything else right now.

how about this one I just made up:

Keep Running; our first aid guys are out to lunch

Happy Camper

Toenails are for sissies.

Less thinking, more running.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

I like all of your graphics Bugs.  I'm challenged at suggesting how to do that sort of thing better.

Happy Camper

Nice set of intervals in sunny low 50'sF this morning.  Time to cut back a little and get ready for 50k on 10/2.  It's been a nice week of staycation.  About ready to finish nailing the base molding back and setting our furniture up on the new bedroom floor.  Smile

Bugs

Added one more sign..

(not working to add as image)

Push It Harder http://flic.kr/p/aqiaj8

This local triathlon guy. He sent the picture to a friend as a joke one day. He was little surprised to see it used on the course.

Bugs

I like all the signs. Got in 6 miles last night. Felt pretty good. Except for 2 instances of pretty sharp pain on the outside of my right foot. I had pain there after the race. Feel pretty good now. I an planning on a shower run tonight.
                                Heh...SHORTER run