Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/28 (Read 256 times)

Kimmie

Ran 6.5- tried to pick it up here and there.... very fun run outside in mild temps.

Cashmason

Condolences to PDR and Lou.   Always tough even when it is expected.

Got in about 5k with Mutt Mutt.  Perfect 62 degree weather.

Planned on going 5 - 8 miles, but at mile 2 it felt like somone hit my calf with a baseball bat.

Right now it hurts more to walk than the run home part did.   Am sure that will go away in a day or two.

Mara is so fun to run with.   There are several large patches of ice plant along the side of the road,  and whenever she hears a sound, her ears prick forward and she goes into   Mara the Mighty Lizard Hunter mode.

She has never caught one, and if she did,  I dont think she would know what to do with it....  but she loves to jump over plants and stick her nose under bushes, and paw at something...   if I let her her.

If I want to get on with my run,  I just tug on the leash a couple of times and she forgets about the lizard, and is off trotting next to my knees.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I forget where I saw the Bugs fb virtual 5K. Was it for today or yesterday? I just went and ran me 5K for time, in case it's for today Smile

(Actually I just went and ran for an even sillier reason, but I did time it for 5K.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Kim,

That is funny that you tried to recruite people for 5K and they backed out, funny because I feel like I am always in that situation. Often I feel like I must be weird for loving anything exercise related because so many people around me want nothing to do with it. I kind of think it is more fear of failure than anything else. My good friend Shannon ran it, and they were at my house for dinner and asked him why he didn't run it. He said he didn't want to run for time. Trust me the Bugs New Year's 5K is as low key of races as they go. I just like doing that workout the last day of the year, and think I will keep up the tradition.

Pam,

My friend Shannon asked how you got that fab body of yours.

Cash,

Thanks so much. I heard today that the ironmen all do this indoor TRI, great. I got some work to-do so I don't feel silly. First day in the pool was today and for first day I at least did not drown. I guess they will have people there counting laps...yuck. But my master plan will be to do it this year, and beat it next year, so I guess the counting is good! Actually it is not the number of laps that scares me, but the 15 minutes of laps without stopping, no grabbing the side of pool. I'll be back in the pool tomorrow.

Today...30 minutes of ellipitical, 7 miles TM of up and down on the incline avg pace 9:22. I need to use the incline more, TM with no incline seems hard on the legs. 

Bugs

Bugs

So sorry to hear that, Lou.  My condolences to you and PDR.

More snow here today (seems to be a theme).  Just under 5 miles to start off the year.  

Since it is New Year's after all, here are last years totals.  I was a few hundred miles less than last year and finished up the year in a whole lot worse shape than I started it.  

The slate starts fresh today.  

AmoresPerros 3338.1 Mi 19d 13hr
            rockenmamof5 3047.4 Mi 20d 3hr
            dcv2002 2810.9 Mi 15d 9hr
            pace2race  2675.2 Mi 18d 22hr
            jhallum 2644 Mi 15d 1hr
            willamona 2310.5 Mi 19d 19hr
            WillRunForBeer 2202.5 Mi 13d 7hr
            evanflein  1873.1 Mi 11d 7hr
            CaraH 1705.3 Mi 12d 1hr
            Mr Inertia  1627.4 Mi 10d 13hr
            VixiDu 1589.6 Mi 10d 16hr
            Bugs 1554.5 Mi 10d 4hr
            Kimmie 1342.4 Mi 8d 8hr
            theyapper66 1260.4 Mi 9d 23hr
            HuskerB 1131.9 Mi 9d 18hr
            dgb2n  1047 Mi 6d 9hr
            Dutchie42 981.2 Mi 7d 14hr
            Cashmason  744 Mi 4d 22hr
            lilcat19 526.9 Mi 3d 6hr
            Murphy996  228.3 Mi 1d 18hr

Bugs 1614.2

One of my many new year's resolutions will be to log better/sooner. Think everyone here knows that lately when my log shows no runs for a week, I am just too lazy to upload runs. My log is terribly inaccurate this year. After the whole running by time feel apart I went back and guessed a low pace for all runs. 

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Heh, just googled to see if "mariposai" is a word, and google listed an evanflein photobucket ... Nice photos Erika Smile

Is this a wolf howling?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Is this a wolf howling?

If I were to guess, I'd say a moose.  But I think I cheated.

3.1 miles, 28:42, 9:07/mi, AHR 135 (66% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Wow, that was some serious wind out there.

We ran 5.5 miles east on the trail and then turned around and the wind literally pushed us backwards at times.  I feel like that was a good workout, though.  A little underdressed considering the wind chill.  With windchill it was 11 degrees.   I know that some of us have it worse than that.   I need my Florida fix!!!  Smile

At least I was with friends and we went to coffee afterwards.  It's all good.

Oh, and I LOVE my watch!!!   Automatically downloads to your running log?  So cool!   My heart rate was a little high for a longer run, because we were working against the wind.

Have a good one all!

Dave

Some awesome running going on this week!

Very nice, Kim.  That data is so cool, isn't it?  

5 miles for me in 6F (windchill -11F).  Pales in comparison to Bugs' weather today.  Gives me a new appreciation for Erika too.

Vixi is cranking the miles so far this year too.  Over 20 in 2 days and sitting on top of the 1500 mile group.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Some awesome running going on this week!

Very nice, Kim.  That data is so cool, isn't it?  

5 miles for me in 6F (windchill -11F).  Pales in comparison to Bugs' weather today.  Gives me a new appreciation for Erika too.

For sure Dave, I see you've got a nice stretch going, too.  Keep up the good work!

Kim, I'm digging my new 305, too.  I still have to figure some things out as well, things like Max Heart Rate, so I can make some sense of my heart rates. 

Sorry to hear about PDR's loss, Lou.  Hope the rest of the year looks up!

Bugs

PDR,

My sympthy too. I always struggle with the online friends because if you were here I would bring food to your house, and all I can offer is words.

Kim,

That is serious winds.

Dave,

Nice work this week.

I am invited to a group run tomorrow but these guys are fast, and they will slow down for me, but between the cold and snow it is hard to move fast when you have a short stride and I doubt they will like to run that slow. The knees hurt after running on snow today, this darn snow is a bigger issue than the -20F temps.

Bugs

my condolensces, PDR and WRFB.

The rtrail run was just an informal run setup by a local running club. Had a good time, except for getting lost--I was lagging behind, and found myself following the yellow tape in a shor circle 3 times, veered off and continually vame across the markers, but with the looping trail, the ribbons were meaningless. Look at my map to see how hopelessly lost I was. Could have been worse, ended up doing 7 miles instead of the 5 planned and learned how to use the navigation setting on my Garmin, and it helped me back to the start.

Cashmason

Btw,  my total running miles for 2009 were 852.   I didnt log all of them on  RA.    Doesnt change anything though.

Bugs,  swimming in tri is freestyle.... which means anything you want to do.  It doesnt have to be the crawl.

You could breast stroke, back stroke,  sidestroke, or even doggy paddle.      I have seen some people doggy paddle in a race.    And hey if thats what they need to do... great.

Lou,  I have to laugh.   Just read your first post on this week's thread,   complimenting  Vix on her great rack.

Lou,  I have to laugh.   Just read your first post on this week's thread,   complimenting  Vix on her great rack.

I'm not going to say that thought didn't cross my mind as I was typing that.  Big grin

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

my condolences PDR and LOU!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson