Marathon Trainers

5/12-5/18 (Read 204 times)

evanflein

Buy me a nice glass of wine and you're on. But I'd still say she's goin' down! I was tired today, didn't feel like running at all this afternoon. It didn't help that the beautiful weather we had this morning turned pretty carpy by the mid afternoon. I did get out for a 1.5 mile walk at lunchtime but by the time 5 pm rolled around it was really windy and spitting rain... Angry My least favorite running conditions. So I told DH I thought I'd just bag the run tonight. Kids were hungry, laundry to do, etc, etc. He said "I don't think so..." He knows once I get 3 miles in, I have to make it 5. And once I'm over half way to my goal, well... he knows me well. So he took over dinner prep and I went down to the treadmill. I actually like my treadmill every now and then. I only use my iPod on TM runs, never outside. And I missed it... So, did a .25 mile walking warmup, then eased into running at 8:49 m/m for the first mile with Red Hot Chili Peppers on the iPod. Then bumped the next mile up to 8:34 and turned on DS1's dance/techno music playlist... cool stuff. Progressive run on the treadmill... 1 @8:49 1 @8:34 2 @8:20 2 @ 8:06 8:34 for the last 1.13 mile... 7.13 in all. Walked another .25 mile to cool down a bit. Hit the showers, grilled steak dinner ready when I was done. Yes

Oh Mighty Wing

Man that's a good husband! And a nice run!!
      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Got in 8 nice miles this morning. Wether was gorgeous! It's getting lighter earlier and earlier. Sun was mostly up by 3-4 miles and by mile 6 it was full daylight. It made me feel like I was running late since I'm still used to finishing my runs in the dark. I saw Master Yoda this morning and we ran a little together. Meeting up with him and TP tonight for dinner, a tradition prior to race day (TP's marathon is this weekend, mine is next).

Oh Mighty Wing

Inertia - that sounds like a great run!! 2 mile recover run today. When I started out it was pretty rough but towards the end I contemplated not stopping, but decided it was best to stop and feel good tomorrow then to push it today and not make it out tomorrow.

Bugs

Dgb, I've out lived an extrordinary number of evil looser executives. My gut was this guy was going down. But the company is still not making money we've got just a few months to turn it around else I'll be spending my days on the forums. Smile You'll get your fitness back. Muscle has a memory, and you regain your fitness faster than you lost it. "Get it back" is a great mantra. Good Luck with your HM! Shan, Slow but consistant is key. Inertia, You give her hell next week. Who knows maybe long tapers are better. Erika, TM in May? Yuck. Nice DH. Mine got tired of waiting for me to cook long time ago so ends up cooking most of the meals. When's the next race? Traveling tomorrow, HM on Saturday. The Fargo Marathon and HM have double in size since last year, so much they are capping registration. It may mess with pace because last year I got slowed down. But it makes me more excited for next year, because I do not want to run 26.2 miles alone. I felt sluggish running this week, but I always feel that way before big races. Everything also hurts, like when you start taper. If you want to check my results the link is http://fargomarathon.com and name Gloria Alfstad. I don't have a bib#.

Bugs

Cashmason

Pool man hasnt shown up for 3 weeks. So today's cross training was going down to the pool store and learning how to do it myself. Doesn't take too long, but sure can work up a good sweat. Then weights, and spin class. Boy genius was going to swim as well, had the goggles and other swim stuff, but forgot the swim trunks. Tomorrow will consist of learning how to ride a tri bike with the handle bars 4 inches below the seat, and how to use the bar end gear shifters on the aerobars. Been used to changing gears on the road bike, but this is a totally different system. That and having my front teeth in front of the handlebars, my back horizontal to the ground and my thighs hitting my tummy every pedal stroke. Fun times. Oh yeah, supposed to be 91 tomorrow and hot winds off the desert.
              Cashmason

Bugs, that's awesome... Ok, off my soapbox. You guys are all awesome and amazing. I've missed you this past week and love you all. Even Cashmason. ...
                Erika, I know you dream about me.... wink

Happy Camper

Bugs: Have a great run in the 1/2!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - good luck!!!!!!!!!! Cash - good luck to you too. I think the shoulders below waist thing would be a weird feeling, but I know you will do great with it!

Bugs

Thanks, I am excited. It will be a fun race. Next year it's 26.2 and kicking ass every mile.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

DOR for me today. Kinda wanted to do a few easy miles, but it's been reccommended to me to take the day off. My 18 tomorrow is going to be the most important training run I've ever done so I'll be saving things up for tomorrow. Not sure if I'll get a chance to post before the actual event so I'll give a happy birthday shout to Peach! Good luck Bugs!

Oh Mighty Wing

Good luck Mr. I!!! 1 and done today. Because I got to get ready for Senior Prom!!! We are chaperone's!
                          evanflein

Good luck, Ms. Bugs! It may be "just" a HM this year, but don't be afraid to kick a little arse along the way! We're going to Anchorage tomorrow afternoon, so not sure if I'll be able to check up on you or not before I go. Have fun with the Bike, Cash. Don't worry about how silly you look.. We'll think about that for you! 6 miles of hills last night, even got out on the trails a bit. I have been having some foot pain since before Boston, and it's not getting better. A metatarsal tenderness that mostly bothers me when I walk. I really don't feel it much at all (if at all) when I run. Seems odd, but whatever. I do have an appt with the podiatrist on Monday to see what's going on. Rest day today, but might ride my "bike to nowhere" a bit tonight. Why do I always eat so much on rest days? Constant nibbling today. Happy Birthday, Peach!! Enjoy the 30's... Much better than the 20's, IMHO. Have fun at the Prom, Shan! Slap those wandering hands... Wink I didn't go to my prom. Didn't care at the time, probably still don't.
                            Cashmason

Happy Birthday Peach, and welcome to a new age group. Its fun to be the youngest in the age group. Erika, you will find any excuse to look at me.
                              Cashmason

100 degrees here today. Picked up the new bike. Got the seat height dialed in. This seat has me singing soprano though. Have to swap out the saddle for something else. New pedals are one sided, and I am always trying to clip into the wrong side. The shoes just slide right off.