Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

Thanks Dave, I'll keep that in mind. And bugs, Ive run way more than 2 times since my last marathon Tongue. On pace for about 120 miles in Jan.

Bugs

And bugs, Ive run way more than 2 times since my last marathon Tongue. On pace for about 120 miles in Jan.
      Well stop that, I need material to work with. Wink P.S. Hope you know, I know you ran more than that. Shan has also running much more than 1 milers, my typos however.....

Bugs

Bugs

I'm thinking about hosting a pasta dinner at my house on Saturday night for Blister and company if folks are interested.
        Are we going Kim? Maybe he'll make the family recipe.

Bugs

I know..I just wanted to brag on my running. And yeah Shan has been kicking some butt. If we keep this up we need to recruit some new slackers.

Bugs

we need to recruit some new slackers.
            I volunteer to be a slacker. Cool

Bugs

Cashmason

I am already slacker. Shan would be proud of me. I heard her in my head tonight. Longest run in the last 3 months has been 6.25 miles. Tonight was gonna try for 10. Got to 7.5 and felt a blister coming on and my hamstrings were a bit sore. So I called it a night at 8 miles. Already have more miles in 2009 than I did for Nov and Dec total together.
                My place is still available. I'm thinking about hosting a pasta dinner at my house on Saturday night for Blister and company if folks are interested.
                Dave - The race is on Saturday, right? Am I confused?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I am already slacker. Shan would be proud of me. I heard her in my head tonight. Longest run in the last 3 months has been 6.25 miles. Tonight was gonna try for 10. Got to 7.5 and felt a blister coming on and my hamstrings were a bit sore. So I called it a night at 8 miles. Already have more miles in 2009 than I did for Nov and Dec total together.
                  Aww, Cash!!!! It's about time I made it into your head! You've been in mine for a long time now!! Oh and are you doing any backwards running after your runs??? You should if you have tight ham's it helps!! And good thing you listened to your body - 10 will be there another day - and it will be loads closer if you don't push too hard too fast. Murphy - YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!

Dave

Dave - The race is on Saturday, right? Am I confused?
                    You are correct, Lou. I guess I was thinking of the traditional post-race pasta dinner Wink That is kind of strange. Forces people to travel in Friday evening for the expo.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I didnt even realize the race was on a Saturday. I think that makes it less likely.Sad
                      Kimmie

Yes the race is on a Saturday. Bugs, we can go to Dave's. Does that mean you're coming??? Smile still have this dang cold but I ran 8 miles of speedwork yesterday- wonder if I should have done that or not. Yay Erika!!!! I'm glad you're home. I was thinking about you yesterday during my run and how disappointed I would have been if I had forgotten my chip. You seem to be taking it in stride and not letting it get you down.
                          Cold, somewhat windy, recovery run this morning. 18°F and feels like 11°F. I'll refrain from the comments about running in Fairbanks. Smile 5.1 miles, 47:39, 9:21/mi, AHR 133 (Are these stats frowned upon like in the swamp? I'm still trying to fit in Smile )

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Not very much is frowned upon in here. I always post my stats. And, Shan, you are the member of practically every group. How are you not in any of the mileage goal groups?

Oh Mighty Wing

Cold, somewhat windy, recovery run this morning. 18°F and feels like 11°F. I'll refrain from the comments about running in Fairbanks. Smile 5.1 miles, 47:39, 9:21/mi, AHR 133 (Are these stats frowned upon like in the swamp? I'm still trying to fit in Smile )
                              WRFB - no your stats are welcome and appriciated!!! I think one day I will be more like that... Here are mine from yesterday - 3.05 miles, 32:03, 10:31/mi

Oh Mighty Wing

And, Shan, you are the member of practically every group. How are you not in any of the mileage goal groups?
                                Blush i am a member of the 2000 miles group... i tried the 1000 group last year, but couldn't get into it - and the 1500 group for that matter. MTA: GAH I'm soo weak!! I'm back in the 1000 and 1500 for this year... how will I keep up with all these groups!!! OH AND WRFB - I wasn't posting my mileage for a while because it was puny and I was sad.