Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

Dave

(Are these stats frowned upon like in the swamp? I'm still trying to fit in Smile )
    I totally appreciate the HR stuff. I've given up on fitting into the swamp. I'm not sure anyone is that cool.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I totally appreciate the HR stuff. I've given up on fitting into the swamp. I'm not sure anyone is that cool.
      DOH! I was supposed to send you my HR profile for my last marathon. I'll make a note to do that.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

i'm in a few other groups, but this is the only group that I check in with- and I can barely keep up with you guys. Smile I am intrigued by the swamp, since it's referred to so much. Debating on whether or not to run today- cough still hacking... don't know how running effects sickness... no fever... just a cough and tired. always feel better after I run but I think it may sap the remaining energy I have-

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - I suggest you lurk and enjoy the nonsense for a while. Really it is a ridiculous place.
          evanflein

Kimmie, I love your avatar. You are certainly the glamour girl around here! Wink And I am in a few groups, but mainly post in masters and here. I'm in the 2000 mile group but don't have time for that swamp business. Those people need more to do, I think. And as for dealing with my "chip-less" run and getting on with it... I am having issues. Here's what I posted in the daily over in the masters' forum: "I ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill last night. Legs a little tight and my back is still sore, but I think that's mainly from that long ordeal in the plane(s). Basically, I feel great. I feel better than after my last 20 miler in December. Which always gets me thinking... I've never wanted a "do over" more than after this race. To feel like I basically threw away a chance to get an amazing PR on such a nice flat course (even though the start was incredibly crowded), is just driving me crazy. I feel as peak in condition as I can be.... So frustrating. Wondering if I could hang onto it and fit another race in there before Boston... I might be in Henderson NV the weekend of March 13 (work related). If so.... hmmmm, I'm just thinking." So, as you can see, I feel like I really fu**ed up, pardon my language. As I told DH on the phone at mile 3, I'm gonna beat myself up over this for awhile. My blister on my toe seems to be caused by the wrap the med-tent gal put on because it isn't bothered by my regular or running shoes. I have a little tenderness under the toenail of my next-to-pinkie toe on my right foot, but the metatarsal problem is not a problem at all (big yeah, there!). This pharmacy management thing in NV is a possibility to get "down south" where the races are, but I'd need to find one for that weekend (March 14 or 15)... haven't looked yet. Bugs, you are so funny. I love you dearly, you naughty girl you.
              Erika..someday, I hope my good days are as fast as your bad days. GI need to keep plugging away. Im thinking even though time will be at a premium, I'll appreciate the quiet runs a lot more Smile You did great, especially considering the adversity. Did you notice my signature? Im officially a maniac!!!
              evanflein

How cool is that, Murphy! I met a lot of maniacs on the Disney course, most of them in the >1000 numbers (that's the greater than sign, right?). I met one guy at the end in the 200's... but I was the "oldest" other than him (of the ones I met). It's definitely adds a fun element to a race. Just got the link to my final pictures. While most of them do look like I'm dying on the spot (even though I actually felt pretty good), which is typical for race photos of me, there's a great shot of the finish with the clock time of 4:04:21 right above me. I've sent them an e-mail asking if my finish time can be adjusted to match that clock time... will be interesting to see what they say. (funny thing... I had chocolate Gu on my face and didn't know it till well after the race, so some of the pictures have this big messy spot right by my mouth like a little kid eating chocolate ice cream...)
                  Just got the link to my final pictures.
                  Are you happy enough with the pictures that you'd share the link with us? Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

4.78 total - it was a speed day! yeah!!!
                    Kimmie

Yay Murphy is a maniac now! I only recently learned what that means... went to their website, very cool! Erika- thanks for the compliment on the avatar. I'm a sweaty mess 90% of the time. I look forward to seeing your race pictures. I would definitely speak to the race director about your finish time. Shan- good run! Me, I kind of decided that since my chest is so congested, that I needed to take a day off- which is tough. I say kind of, because for awhile there I was debating going out to run but I got busy and didn't make it out anyways. I think my body needs the rest. I don't want this cold lingering.

Dave

5 for me today on the treadmill at an easy pace. Hoping for 8 tomorrow. We'll see if work cooperates. Erika, I will admit that I saw your time and feared that your foot acted up. Glad to know you stayed healthy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Pushups followed by 6 miles just into Aerobic effort. Avg. HR 148. I got a great pep talk at lunch from a customer. He told me he was calling BS on everything. He had "had it" with all the talk about hunkering down and doing what it takes to survive and make it through the construction slowdown. He told his employees that they were going to strive to thrive. Surviving was just BS. I thought it was great. Think I'll order a wrist band.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Kimmie!!
                              Way to go, Murphy! I want to be a maniac. I haven't figured out the plan yet. We have a local marathon 2 weeks after my Spring one in April, but we're going to be out of town at a family wedding. Bad timing...

Well, we're home and everyone is doing great. Evan was born Monday at 3:56 PM, weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches. Father in Law went home tonight, Mother in Law will stay until this weekend. She's amazing, cooking and cleaning and basically taking care of everything not baby-related. My 3 year-old thinks Evan is the coolest thing, but is upset that he won't play or talk to him yet. Running? We won't talk about that. I'm just shooting for sleep at this point.