Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/1/2010 and Happy Birthday, Kimmie!! (Read 215 times)

Bugs

Non running related, but FUNNY story.. My sister and her boyfriend went on vacation, deep sea fishing caught a huge (5 foot or so) shark. I was telling my 9 year old about it and the first thing (he seriously) asked was, "Did he use minnows or worms?". Oh you gotta love kids!

Bugs

Cashmason

Happy Birthday  Pace !

Bugs, the right answer for a 9 year old boy is always worms.  Little boys like gross stuff.

evanflein

That is funny, Bugs. Hey, you need to be sure to post a picture of that kitchen when it's done.

Happy Birthday, Bryan!! Wow, we do we have a lot of February birthdays or what? Anybody else out there so we can be ready??

40 minutes of pool running tonight after work. Legs feel better, but then again I haven't tried running on them. Plan is for 4 easy miles tomorrow, probably at lunch even though I wanted to do them after work and do weights at lunch. Oh well. Soccer club parent meeting tomorrow at 5:30 during practice. Phooey.

I agree about the worms.  Also I'll take that beer, Bugs, but since I like homebrew you don't owe me a penny Smile

Set out for 9, but cut myself some slack and ran 8 (I slowed significantly in the 8th mile).  Need to build the base again, I'd say.

8.1 miles, 1:08:14, 8:24/mi, AHR 167 (81% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Birthday Bryan!!!! Hope it's a GREAT one!

Ok question. My 8 year old dd hurt her ankle a couple weeks ago. She can't remember now or at the time how she did it. Whatever she did it was enough to cause the ankle to swell. We did the whole RICE thing and had it taped up for a few days. No complaints about the ankle for a few days. Saturday within 20 minutes of starting to sell GS cookies she complained about it hurting and needed to sit down. Needless to say I called dh and had him bring one of our folding chairs for her. Once home no more complaints until last night.  Within 5 minutes of her getting to bed dh and I heard her crying. I headed up to find out what was wrong and was told the back of her foot hurt. I looked at where it was swollen before and guess what. It's swollen. Dh carries her downstairs we ice for 15 minutes give her Ibuprofen and dh carries her back to bed. Anyway dh went out and bought her crutches and a ankle wrap. What do you guys think (yes I know you guys aren't doctors but many of you have children and may have dealt with an injury similar to this though I haven't)? My gut tells me she needs to be seen by the doctor and get xrays. Dh thinks it's a sprain and that a few days off of it will do the trick. If we had insurance we'd be at the doctors right now!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

My gut tells me she needs to be seen by the doctor and get xrays. Dh thinks it's a sprain and that a few days off of it will do the trick. If we had insurance we'd be at the doctors right now!

I'd ask Trent. 

Maybe he can give you a couple of things to look for to help you decide what to do.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I thought about asking Trent. However with as much as it's been bugging me I called dh told him I thought she needed to be seen and he agreed so she's going to the Pediatricians right after school. Holding off to see the doctors may be right for me but not my child kwim.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Pam,

Sounds like that doc visit is money well spent. Let us know how it goes.

Feel so good today. Will run on TM later. Nice thing about kitchen remodels I don't have to cook. It is sandwiches or we eat out.

Bugs

I agree and will do!

Ok so I am soooooooooooooo not feeling like running today *sigh* Some people when stressed feel the need to run. Me I tend to turn inside. Meaning not eating, running etc.  Tell me it's ok to skip today's run please. Why I feel the need to have  permission from someone other than myself I have not a clue however I have a feeling if I went out to run that I wouldn't be smart.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

P2R: Happy bday

Pam:

If it helps, remember that it's easy to hurry into injury and re-injury, out of either impatience, or guilt.

I've been a week off running, and I can walk most of the time, but in the morning my ankle is tender and I can barely walk, and when laying down, it's uncomfortable in almost any position. So the tenderness comes and goes, kind of, for me. The one thing I did want out of the doctor was to check if anything was broken (answer was no). But I know nothing of diagnosing this stuff.

Erika: Nice -36 photo in the MMTD thread.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Happy Birthday Brian. Do anything special to celebrate?

Perry, careful with that ankle.

My RP has not ran for 6 weeks cause of her disk injury, and that is with seeing super hero graston doc.

Bugs

Happy Camper

Happy Birthday Brian. Do anything special to celebrate?

Perry, careful with that ankle.

My RP has not ran for 6 weeks cause of her disk injury, and that is with seeing super hero graston doc.

Of course! I got to run this morning and Lost is on tonight! Doesn't get much better than that on a Tuesday, even if it is your birthday.

Pam:  Hope your DD is ok.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Doh, I knew I'd forget today!  Happy birthday, Bryan!

I guess we're getting snow tonight, and maybe a bunch more this weekend (at least that's the rumor).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I guess we're getting snow tonight, and maybe a bunch more this weekend (at least that's the rumor).

Because heavens knows we haven't had our share of snow recently.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

Ok, i finished an afghan and started the next.  i hope to have pics of the new blankey soon.  heh

I needs an update on Katie.  She fixed yet?  I hope you are not finding our the hard way that kiddo has a high pain tolerance.

I'm touching your pants.