Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/1/2010 and Happy Birthday, Kimmie!! (Read 215 times)

evanflein

Ah, sorry. Holdover from Kickrunners posting in the master's forum.

SEP = Stupid Easy Pace

I got it done, but it wasn't as easy as it should have been. 4.1 miles, 36:10 for about 8:50 avg pace. The incline on these treadmills always feels hard. I think they are at .5% or 1% by default. I set it at 1% and it feels like the 2% incline on my treadmill at home.

Hawt and sexy

SEP, MUG, FUG.  To understand it all you have to have been feeling Greta.  And Greta just does not get around like she used to....

I'm touching your pants.

Dave

I'll checkin briefly.  Lurking a little.  Working way too much.  Planned on a treadmill run last night but worked too late to even get to the gym.

Leaving for Monterey CA on Sunday through Tuesday next week.  Will probably get a few runs in there.

My total this week is 0 so far 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

willamona's been hanging out on the master's forum Smile

4 recovery miles this morning.  Planned to rest today but I hear there may be a bit of snow tomorrow and running seems unlikely tomorrow morning.

A Winter Storm Warning Remains In Effect From 10 AM This Morning
          To 10 PM EST Saturday. 

• Precipitation Type...Heavy Snow.

• Accumulations...Storm Total Accumulations Of 18 To 24 Inches.

• Timing...Snow Will Begin During The Mid-Morning Hours...And
          Continue Through Saturday Evening. Conditions Will Deteriorate
          Rapidly This Afternoon...With Heaviest Snowfall Occurring From
          Sunset Through Saturday Morning. The Most Hazardous Conditions
          Will Occur Tonight.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Ringmaster

Sorry I've been away--missing birthdays, at that! What a mean friend. But best birthday wishes, Kimmie and Pace.

Pam, glad to hear dd's ankle isn't serious--do let us know how she keeps feeling. And you crack me up too--cranking out 14 like it's nothing. Ah, some day.

Kimmie, I'm sorry I missed you while you were down here, but I'm glad you enjoyed our sunshine. We're certainly reveling in it as the northeast gets ready for another storm--I'm thinking of all of you and hoping you stay safe.

Newspaper stories of a serial rapist that operates in our area made my run especially interesting this morning--I eschewed some of my routes in favor of those that would keep me within earshot of residences. Made fitting in 12 miles a little loopy but it got done--nothing like you guys and the Yak Trax.

Dave, good to see you check in. Hope work stays reasonable for you.

Willa, it's always good to see you . . .

Ya'll stay warm, and pop on over to Palm Beach County when it gets to be too much. High in the low 70s today.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

Bugs

Erika,

That is damn cold. We need an abbreviation for that!

My favorite is JFGI - Just F'n Google It.

24 miles for the week so far. Yahoo!

Bugs

My favorite is JFGI - Just F'n Google It.

24 miles for the week so far. Yahoo!

Make up your mind.  Yahoo or Google!

Kimmie

ok, so no run this morning for me... hoping to get to the gym to run later....

seriously wishing I could magically pop a treadmill in my basement right now.  I'm freaking out a bit at the forecast....

If the gym stays open, I'll be fine.  I do have the P90X DVDs that I can do... the plyometric is some decent cardio.

So, we''ll see... stay calm  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

All you Northerners got a lot of snow right?  We got a lot of rain, so my 10 mile run with a RP will be in the morning now.  I'm hoping I can get out later tonight for a quick 3 miles or so.

Great week-end coming up for everyone I hope.  I get to speak twice and that always makes me glad.  Throw in a Colts win and it'll be a great thing indeed.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Personally, one of my favorites is HTFU. I find myself saying it to said self on a regular basis before my weekend runs outside.

BUGS, the race schedule says you're doing a duathlon on Sunday... is that still a plan? Can't wait to hear about it!

So far this running on the treadmill during the week (T-W-Th) and outside on the weekends (Sa-Su) seems to be working well, with gym and/or pool workouts on Mon./Fri. Foot is holding up well, and as long as I don't overdo the weight workouts I seem to be getting in the miles ok. I think I'll try a hill run on my long run on Sunday by heading up to the trailhead above my house. The question is do I run there (4 extremely hilly miles), or get dropped off? I think I'm leaning to running there. Otherwise the whole run is too much downhill. This way, I'll run up the steep hill behind my house (2 miles), run along the ridge line (mile 3) then drop down a bit then back up to the trail head (mile 4). Then it's about 3.5 miles of mostly downhill trail, then subdivision roads (packed snow on dirt) for another net drop of 2 miles. Then I'll just head back to home along the road until I hit my goal (14) and call for a ride, or see how far I make it. Sounds like a plan. Now to figure out what to do tomorrow for the planned 9. I think something flat and easy...

Glad I can crack some people up lol.

Nice seeing you Dave make sure to have a safe trip to CA Smile

AKKKKKKK Vix! Be safe hun!

Sounds like a lot of us are getting the same weather! 

Hey Willa Smile

Hope you get your run in Kimmie!! Like you I wish I could pop a WORKING treadmill into my basement as well ESPECIALLY this weekend!! Good luck with getting your workouts in!

Nice running Bugs! Sounds like you're feeling much better!

I'll trade ya the snow for the rain Paul k Smile

Sounds like a good Boston training run Erika! 

Finally got my hills in today. Didn't do the "big" ones yet (gotta work my way up) but there was a nice semi big one in there along with a lot of rolling hills. The big one kicked my arse however I managed to finish the run feeling really good. The pace was faster than what I had planned (darned RP lol). Anyway I'm glad to have gotten it in. I wasn't so sure it would happen this morning. Had a VERY bad day with dd. Shoulder and neck were really bothering me so I ended up taking Flexeril before bed. Got woken up at midnight with news of my mother being in the hospital with a clot in her lung and a couple in her leg. The night didn't get any better between my neck/shoulder hurting and DD crying. She woke up crying and didn't know why and couldn't stop. DH finally came up with the bright idea of having her read aloud. Can't read aloud and cry at the same time (at least not for long). Anyway woke up EXHAUSTED and LOOPY lol. Gonna be an interesting weekend. Supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow (or more) and dd can't go anywhere.  DH ended up having to help her ice her ankle at like 3 am (very swollen). Hopefully this weekend of rest will be what her ankle needs to improve.

ANYWAY everyone STAY WARM, SAFE and have a GREAT weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hawt and sexy

I just tried to find the masters to go lurk.  Dude, where did they go?

I'm touching your pants.

evanflein

Sorry about the rough night Pam. Amazing you still get out and run after that.

Hey everyone, I changed the "Upcoming Races" thread... I found it too hard to update the way we were, it just got really long and the formatting was getting weird. So now, just reply to the sticky with your race information, and I'll modify the original post to get your race on the schedule. At first I was thinking limiting this to just marathons and halfs, but I see we had 5k's and 10k's on there, so put whatever race you've got coming up, feel free to state your goal, and we can even update with results afterward if you'd like. Let me know what you think.

32 minutes (3.8 miles) elliptical at lunchtime...

I just tried to find the masters to go lurk.  Dude, where did they go?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/forum

Kimmie

Made it to the gym to the run on the mill.... 5 miles...   Wanted to leave before the roads got worse.   What's up with no plowing???   When all the news can talk about it is the impending snow, then you'd think that the roads would be better.

So, I kind of risked my life for a run  (don't laugh Erika)  How's that for HTFU???  Smile

Car slipped a little on the way back-  gym is only 2 miles away... I'm determined to still get my runs in... I may be hoofing it to a neighbor's house to use their treadmill tomorrow if the gym closes.