Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/1/2010 and Happy Birthday, Kimmie!! (Read 215 times)

Hawt and sexy

Thanx.  I got my fix now.  I am a bit more than 2 years away from joining.  But that group takes themselves about as seriously as I take myself.  I like that. Wink

I'm touching your pants.

Bugs

Kim,

Did find a TM? I'd let anyone use mine.

I got 6 mile in, 9:05 pace, legs a little tired,  I'm back to normal, head is thinking clear again, what a difference a week makes.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Vix, that's awful - hope they catch him.

Snow has turned into ice here. I think I'm about ready to try running again, but am not in a hurry. The idea of trying running with ice on the ground is gonna lose out to lazing about inside instead; I can already predict that.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I agree - awful, vix.

Much as I'd like to say "I ran in 2 feet of snow once" I don't think it's going to happen today.  It's still snowing but I think the worst of it is over.  As soon as we get a bite to eat and get our act together we should head out and try to clear the driveway and elsewhere.  Our dog was not.happy. that we hadn't cleared a path for her yet.

I wonder if they'll plow the streets before our super bowl party tomorrow?  We normally host the homebrew club.  I thin we'd get some lower attendance regardless, but there are a bunch of die-hards who enjoy this every year.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Like Lou said, we have lots of snow.

I haven't measured... looks like over 2 feet for us.  And there's been no plowing at all on our street.

I am glad that I don't have a dog.

And I am sorry, too, Vix, that you're dealing with that.  Sometimes running as a woman is tough.

And now that I'm 40, I guess I can join the Masters right?   For some reason, I don't FEEL 40.

theyapper

On the road again...

Did my long run today - just a bit over 10 miles.  Longest run since I started back after the marathon, and I felt great.  Definitely could have run more, which is a good feeling at the end of any double digit run, so I'm pleased with how the ramp up is going.  Slow and steady.

Apparently we decided during the run that we are doing the National half.  So, hotel recommendations anyone?  We'd like to do this as cheaply as possible and yet have the travel to the start be as easy as possible, so I'm thinking a hotel for Friday night that's near metro access.

It'll be awesome to meet some of the people who have motivated me daily for the last while.  Definitely looking forward to it!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

And now that I'm 40, I guess I can join the Masters right?   For some reason, I don't FEEL 40.

Here's a secret, Kim: none of us do.  Let's keep it that way.  Smile

Of course you can join.  (Although when people see your picture, eyebrows will be raised). 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The masters forum is high,high traffic -- too high for me. I can't even think that fast, much less read that much.

A girl with whom I raced at our club mile series last summer -- she always finished a second or two in front of me (til the last one, where I think she pulled 10 seconds ahead of me), just ran 3000m today at Penn State -- her time was over a minute faster than my 3000m PR (I ran it once last summer at a little Annapolis All-Comers meet). Gee. I think I won't be able to keep up with her this summer at the mile series, is the moral of that...

Kimmie

Here's a secret, Kim: none of us do.  Let's keep it that way.  Smile

Of course you can join.  (Although when people see your picture, eyebrows will be raised). 

Thank you?  Does this mean that I don't look 40?  To be fair, that picture was taken when I was still 38.  Smile

Didn't run today... snow scared me off a bit... have no idea how people run in this... I did walk a bit on tracks left by a 4 X 4... so I'm thinking that even if the gym is closed again tomorrow, I may be able to run, sort of....

I did P90X yoga and plyometrics... and hours of shoveling... as I'm sure you've heard, we got 36 inches of snow... and no snow blower... Sad    Fun stuff.

In other news, our local running store owner and founder of our running group, Ray Pugsley, placed 2nd at the Boston Indoor Games in the Master Mile and it will be on ESPN2 tomorrow from 2-4 pm.  I plan to check it out.

Yay for National Half!!    What are the plans???   I think that we should definitely meet up afterwards!  I'm going in with some friends and then I can catch the METRO home if they're not interested in staying after.  I will need to make that day a long run, so I will want to run a warmup and a cooldown.

Sorry, I don't have hotel recommendations for you, Paul.  I live west of DC and never really stay in the city.   I do know that the start of the race is in not a super great part of town, so you may be better off just staying in Arlington and catching the METRO.  It would be cheaper anyways.  My  DH works in Rosslyn and recommends Courtyard Marriot or the Hyatt.. . both really close to the METRO station.

evanflein

Kim, I hope you do come over to the Masers forum! I'd love to do the National marathon, but that's obviously not happening...

10 miles @ 8:31 avg pace...  coming back up the hill was really hard. Ugh.

Thank you?  Does this mean that I don't look 40?  To be fair, that picture was taken when I was still 38. 

Yes, of course.  Haha, I guess I'd have to see a very recent picture of you to be able to say, "you don't look like you're forty" and have it mean something.

Doesn't look like PDR and I will get runs in today, either.  We don't even have 4x4 tracks in our neighborhood.  The big question is whether the streets will get plowed before the party.  Another, and almost as important question is whether the directv dish will melt completely allowing high def through -- currently we're only getting standard def and that might be disappointing to the party-goers (and me!) if that's how we have to watch the game.

Kimmie

Sorry they're not plowing your neighborhood, Lou.   I am lucky that I was able to run 12 miles this morning... thought I would take my chances with walking out of our neighborhood and then attempting to run on the plowed streets.  Figured worst case scenario, just have to turn around and come back.  It was not bad at all... I've actually run on worse.

The pace was super slow.... I don't know if I was intentionally going slow because of the ice/snow or if the conditions were forcing me to slow down.  But my HR revealed the effort... so, that's fine.... better than the treadmill any day.

And it was BEAUTIFUL outside....   just white, serene, sunny, quiet, peaceful... 

I will attempt the same route tomorrow.

theyapper

On the road again...

The pace was super slow....

Your super slow is my easy...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

I ran 12 on the TM, it was hard, legs were so tired the last four miles, and my shoulder was bugging me, but one consistant thought the last four miles, "there better be a mileage summary on Monday!" Smile Next week my goal is to keep the miles up but get outside. It is snowing now, but we've had more rain than snow, and I just need to get outside. The TM is convient, but if i could find dry ground I'd enjoy running more. Just have to get out there and see what it is like.

Paul, great job on getting your miles back up.

Erika, you amaze me. That is a fast 10 miles!

Lou, I am envious, we can't get the networks, no game here, which honestly works better because I keeping my DH so busy with the house remodel.

Kim, you really don't look 40. I've noticed a few more wrinkles on me lately.. Men still hit on me but they are older than they use to be. Sad

My RP thinkings she might try running again after six weeks of healing disc injury, graston doc said he did everything he could. Seems this is a really bad injury, hopefully does not mess with summer running.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just went running. Went far enough so I have more running distance than swimming distance this week -- not that took much. We were going to go down a path through the woods (DW walking, myself running), but it was too difficult surface for me -- I mean, I felt the impact in my ankle, of the unevenness, and some other people had already gone that way and left footprints, which had gotten icy, and I was a bit afraid I'd land on an icy footprint surface at a bad angle.  So we just went a little ways down. It was pretty though.