Marathon Trainers

Welcome!! (Read 350 times)

We'll see if this takes off. Post in here to say hello... Will hold off on starting any weekly threads once we determine if we want to use this as a substitute to cool running. Click the Reports link to see the cool lreport that will be available to everyone's log if they move it or start one here. For me it would serve as great motivation and we could have some friendly competition..

Happy Camper

Checking in. Site and group looks great! I have never explored this side of the Forums. Never knew there were so many groups. Eric did a great job uploading my log history. Thanks Murph!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Nice to see everyone. Checking in myself. I am absolutely loving the log over here.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dave

On more reason to like RunningAhead, we can actually see that P2R has 55 miles under his belt this week. Almost doesn't seem possible. Guess I have a long way to go. I was happy getting back into double digits Blush

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I'm here to stay! wanted to say hi to all. I run my 22m this Sunday race day is Feb 10th!!!
            evanflein

Hi guys... was over in the master's forum and thought I'd pop in to say hi... Happy Solstice, everyone!
                Not only is it the solstice...its my b-day. Good weekend of good eating, and going to Browns game Sunday before heading north for XMAS. Happy holidays everyone!! and good running!!

Oh Mighty Wing

holy cow it took me long enough to find this thread!! HI!!!!!!!! I'm now circulating 3 boards here, KR, and CR/Active... weening off the active and working on finding new home without losing too many of my "family" members. Still no running... i promised myself i wouldn't run untill Wednesday and be guilt free. I think it's working because the last two days i really wanted to run. I really think having the correct clothing and a garmin (so i don't have to plot every little route detail) will help get my back on track!! I'm EXCITED!!!! Happy Holidays!
                  evanflein

Hi Shan(Gen)Has... glad you found it! You'll be back out there soon enough, don't rush it. Yes, having the right clothes and equipment can make a world of difference!

Oh Mighty Wing

Is it bad that i'm obsessing about running??? HAPPY HOLIDAY TO YOU ALL!!! Hey i'm not seeing any running updates - what's up with that. I mean really guys I need to hear about your runs - i'm living vicariously through you till Wednesday Tongue BunnyWOAH!!! 22 that's crazy!!! wait how did it go??? (just realized it's monday - doh)
                      evanflein

Ok, how's this... Yesterday (Sunday) I ran 12 miles outside in zero temps (-3 to + 3 range). Goal was 14 I thought... then I checked my schedule and really I was only set for 8-10. Oh well. Felt ok, just a bit nippy on my cheeks. Today, a regular rest or cross training day, I ran 5.25 on the treadmill at the gym, followed by 25 minutes of weights and ab work... The gym is closed tomorrow (Christmas Day), and I don't know if I'll get out to run outside, so swapped my Tuesday run for today's rest day. I might ride my stationary bike tomorrow...

Dave

A very Merry Christmas to all. I'm afraid that I'm going to bag on the 10K challenge with Bugs (haven't seen her over here on RA yet). Caught some sort of a stomach flu bug that started on the 23rd and had me in pretty bad shape yesterday. Feel much better today and am thinking about running. Some nice cooler weather gear and some new sunglasses from DW for Christmas. Hope the holiday has been a great one for everyone.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Checking in.

Oh Mighty Wing

dg - sorry to hear about the bug!! Hope you guys are recouping Cash - HI!!!!
                              evanflein

Hi Cash! Glad you could make it. No running or anything for me yesterday. Well, that's not quite right. I ate a bunch, opened presents, had fun with family, etc. So today is pay the piper day, I guess. Sure wish I felt better. Working on a doozy of a head cold I think. Sore throat and coughing so far... I'm sure there's more on the way. We had a little snow the last couple of days, not much but just a fluff to cover up some icy spots. I'll probably try to get out for an outdoor run this afternoon. Might drag my kids to the pool later.