Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/30 - 1/5 (Read 332 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Ok ok ok I know Murph said he was gonna wait to start this and I guess I didn't listen last week and I'm not listening again this week, but I can't take it!! I like hearing about everyone's runs/swims/bike rides/etc. and any other life things they like to share! Wasn't sure if we wanted it to start on Sunday's or Monday's, so I'm just gonna go with our norm. We can always opt to change it next week! So 6mi today. It is so freeing to just go run... course that old man who caught up to me and told me I wasn't lost i was doing fine was pretty helpful!! Had hoped to try my water bottle fanny pack thing, but left it at home so it will have to wait another day. Now it's time for wine and the couch! Big grin

Dave

I wish I had more to report. I did a very short and easy 3.8 today. Was thinking about going long but with the day off tomorrow, I figured I should wait for better weather and legs that were a bit less sore. The two miles of hard pace work I did yesterday really left me sore. Couple of vitamin M (motrin) did the trick last night and I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow for my long run. Cold and rainy this afternoon. Great day to bake some bread (aren't bread machines amazing?) and hang out waiting for the Redskins game to start. Tried again to personal message MrInertia over on CR. We'll see.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

29.5 miles biking with the g/f and her niece. On the bike path from Brentwood to Malibu then down to Marina Del Rey. Lots of people on the bike path so it was slow. But fun to be with friends.

Bugs

Home sweet home. The cats and horses were sure glad to have us back. The kids ripped open their presents from Santa, then they opened the family gifts. They did all their shopping at the dollar store. Clowning around I thought I've seen Inertia posting on this site. I like this site, but I wonder how hard it is to get new members to wander in here. We may have to have an open house with free cookies and door prizes to get some newbies. Smile

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

If you look at the report there are a bunch of members. And the weekly posting is something the MMM does not have. I mean really we have alot to offer! We should definitely work on our sales pitch!! Dave - 3.8 is better than nothing so I think it's great to report! Hope you are not still sore today! Cash - that sounds like fun!! Bugs - welcome home! I'm sure the animals did miss you! Pm'd Mr. I over at KR also. Hopefully he will be so excited that he is getting all this love he won't be able to resist us!
            Travis Groom

Hi there, trying this thing out and it seems to be an interesting community so what the heck. Ran 12k yesterday in the glorious -12ÂșC snow (I live in Edmonton...the cold is part of the fun I suppose...)
                Hi everybody!! My first run since Vegas. 10 miles (ran the first 7 straight, before my legs quit on me) Will primarily be running my hilly course to prep for Cincinnati. Today was to be a cross training day--but my Bro in law was in town and wanted to run. So I went out. Tomorrow will be an easier 4 miles--I think. Started the log from scratch since I hadnt kept up on the cr log. My New Years Resolution will be to keep that up, and run more--shooting fot 1500 miles this year and 2 marathons. Secondary goal is to run both of those at PRs.
                  on Sunday a 12.50 run on a cruse ship I am now sea sick but it was great! today is now rest day. and back home Sad

Dave

Welcome back Murph and welcome to Groov2485! Nice way to close out the year with 50 degree temps and just short of 12 miles. I was steady but ran at a higher HR than I would've liked. Few hills at the beginning and I just couldn't bring myself to slow down enough to really get it back down and keep it there. P2R, if you're curious, I put splits and HR splits into my log (we had been conversing a bit over on the CR about HR stuff) Oh well. Anything over ten still feels like a pretty long run and it was good to get it knocked out. Shan, did the Garmin driver thing ever get resolved?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Groove - HIYA!!! welcome Murphy - you ran 10 as a first run!! Shocked wow! I really like the log, it even does a nice job with my strength training. Glad you are back on the road. And glad you got to run with BIL that's nice. Bunny - ok so how many circles did you have to run to get 12.5 in?? Sorry to hear it made you a little sea sick. Dave - 12 is nothing to scoff about! and 50F man that's nice! I'm on the phone waiting for someone to help me with it now! such a pain! Hopefully I will have something good to report soon!

Bugs

I need a public flogging. I tried to swim but could not because of this cold, and gave up my lane to an ironman. Lifted some weights without much enthusiam, but no running. Quite content just laying in front of the TV right now. My right leg was rubbed raw from the graston today. Owe! We have signatures on this site? I bought x-mas cards with the Dad on Santa's lap for this last chirstmas: http://www.racetrackers.com/greetingcardintropagenew.htm Highly recommend.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

**flog flog flog** Miss Bugs there is NO swimming with a cold!!! Oh and signatures are in options under my forum preferences. Happy new year to you all!

Bugs

Happy New Year's! Hope everyone is more wild than I was. Shan, Smile Swimming with a cold just doesn't work does it. We'll see if this signature works.

Bugs

Dave

Bugs, I'm willing to bet my New Years was even more tame than yours. Asleep by 9:30. Must have been the long run yesterday. It is a little tricky to get the signature to work with a link in it. You have to add the HTML manually (including BR fields to put new lines in). But I forgot you're a computer goddess Yes Inertia made his way over to the boards here. Hasn't checked in here but I did leave a personal invite on the main board.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

heh. Im 2nd in the group for weekly mileage.. no one will ever touch the kind of mileage p2r puts up. Its not a competition, I know. Did 4 snowy miles today. Felt good despite soreness from going 10 miles yesterday after nearly a month off. Met another runner training for the Flying Pig Marathon. Sounded like we are on similar plan. He also has a 10 mile long run this weekend. But I modified my Higdon plan to get longer runs during the week and my long runs on Thurs/Sat instead of Sat/Sun. My long run dates may be fluid since another friend of mine is running the Pig as his first..and I will run some long runs with him.