Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-2 (Read 324 times)

Cashmason

true this!! My poor car smells funky!
    Get a richer car.... wink. Shan, you being a Daddy's girl, and one of Erika's running daughters, I can't get too mad at you.

Oh Mighty Wing

aww Online Papa Bear!!! You can't be mad at me!!! I adore you!!! Big grin
        And after you ski and ice skate, you can drive 2 hours and lay on a beach with the Pacific Ocean, in your swim suit, in the same day.
        Ok, now I know for sure you're from Southern California Smile I hope the conditions are great! We took our lessons today and had a great time -- then we met up and Harriet did some blacks with me and I did some blues with her, so it's all good. We just got back from happy hour, which is only happy if you want pabst blue ribbon or some other swill, so we paid full price for something which was worth drinking. Time to find something to eat!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - you mean good ol' PBR isn't high up on your list of beers to have while you are out??
            Life is too short to drink beer which isn't pleasing to my palate. Smile

Bugs

WRFB, Wise move on the beer. Enjoy the vacation. - My sons and I all have strep throat. We're all on drugs. The town is invested with it. - 30 minutes of breast stroke at noon - kickboxing class tonight . This class is very small and I can do it while son is in Taekwondo. He made us do things like run around the room and every time he clapped we had to drop and do pushups, situps, planks, or whatever he wanted to torture us with. It is small, which is nice because I am to focus on some key areas for unning, core, tri-ceps. You heard it, I am suppose to do more than just run for training. Still waiting for my log review. Sad

Bugs

Cashmason

Tricep work really helped with the poling across flat cat tracks or just near lift lines. The cycling and spin classes seemed to have helped the skiing too. Quads were never tired. Might be better ski technique too. Hour of running tonight after teaching spin and hour of weights.
                theyapper

On the road again...

A nice easy 3.5 yesterday. Probably put in 4 today. Off to meetings now.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Tricep work really helped with the poling across flat cat tracks or just near lift lines.
                    huh? I thought it was really interesting that coach tells me to work my triceps. On these forums I keep hearing just run lots of miles, mostly easy. But I'm actually finding when I had a little more balance in my training, like with my step aerobics where I was doing lots of lunges, squats, push-ups and working my arms I ran my best - but I had no idea that stuff was helping me so much.

Bugs

Kimmie

I am convinced that pushups and situps helped during my last marathon- almost like they decreased the amount of fatigue at the end. Sorry you're sick Bugs- does Nobby say you should rest when sick? Just wondering... I was wondering what Cash meant by that statement too. Off to the gym to work and run on the treadmill. It's SO cold here- 1 degree with wind chill. I'm over it.

Dave

It's SO cold here- 1 degree with wind chill.
                        I totally thought of Erika this morning as I drove to my commuter lot in 14F temps. I don't know how you do it. I will never again complain about any temps in the 20's Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Today and this week I ask you all to do me a favor. Hug the people you care about most and plan to do something to celebrate life this coming weekend - in honor of my young student who passed this past weekend. He had his whole life ahead of him, as a senior in high school he was perched on the edge of new beginning and eager to get to it. So for me for him do something that causes you to grab life and run with it... it's too short to waste worrying about the what if's and the what may be's.... live it up while you can and love every minute of it.
                            Ok, Shan -- happy to do this in honor of your student.

evanflein

I totally thought of Erika this morning as I drove to my commuter lot in 14F temps. I don't know how you do it. I will never again complain about any temps in the 20's Big grin
                              Are you kidding me? I'd love to run in some 14F temps right about now! I was tempted to run outside for a bit last night because it was so bright and sunny earlier in the day and the plows had been out in our neighborhood. But they leave everything polished and shiny and very very slick (see? I can always find something to complain about) and the temps were dropping fast... it was +10 earlier in the afternoon and had dropped to 3 by the time I got home. Didn't feel up to all the layers and crap to go out for a short run. It's funny... the short runs just don't seem worth the effort, but a longer run is. I'll do it for 10 or more, but 3-5? ahhh, not so much. Shan, that's a sweet thought. I'm always so saddened by young people dying. Just tragic. Nice to make a good thing come of it. I didn't run yesterday at all. Or anything else, other than help DS2 with algebra homework (now if that's not a scary thought... I'm the most math challenged member of our family by far!). We got it done, mostly, with the amazing online tutor program that comes with his textbook. Wish I'd had that when I was in school!! Got to bed pretty early (for me, before 11) and feel much better today. I can't believe how tired and run down I've felt this training cycle. Maybe it's just end-of-winter blahs.
                                4.1 miles, 40:53, 9:59/mi, AHR 138 I think I made my map viewable. The "Terrain" view is cool -- pull down where it says "Map" and click on "Terrain". click here