Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-2 (Read 324 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, Just don't try and kiss me. I've got strep throat.
    oh fine! I guess i'll wait till your healthy!Wink

Bugs

oh fine! I guess i'll wait till your healthy!Wink
      You think that will ever happen? I'm so sick of fighting illness. I catch something and can never get rid of it. I'm signed up for two marathons and am now suppose to pay for this ragnar relay. I'm thinking of canceling out on the relay. I just don't need the stress of one more physical thing I've got to push myself through.

Bugs

Cashmason

You think that will ever happen? I'm so sick of fighting illness. I catch something and can never get rid of it. I.
        See that is what happens when you get fast. You can catch illness, and it can't get away from you. You and quite a few others in this thread are what my tri club call " fastholes".
        Cashmason

10 miles on the treadmill tonight. We love you too Shan.

Dave

T I just want feedback without getting too technical.
            Sorry, Kim. As a nerd a question, get a nerdy answer Blush

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I have a second interview this morning. I'm a really strong candidate for this one. It's not an ideal job, but it's a fairly decent fit.
              Kimmie

Good luck Mr. I, we'll be thinking of you.... Dave, no need to apologize.... I asked the question that I pretty much knew the answer to... who says there's no such thing as a dumb question. I know everyone's max heart rate is different, but I still want to know what everyone's max heart rate is... I need to just break down and buy a good HR monitor and then do the hill repeats or a really hard 5K or something. and.... it's Bug's birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUGS!!!! Hope you're not sick anymore and can enjoy the day. I grabbed onto the last three weeks of a Hal higdon advanced half marathon training program. Today says 3 miles and strength training. 3 miles seems too little... so I may do more. I wasn't sure what I wanted to run, coming off a marathon, being sick and all. I do want to shoot for the sub 1:50 and possibly even a 1:45 at National if everything goes well in the next two weeks.
                  Happy birthday, Bugs! Sorry you're not feeling well.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Mr. I, in this employment environment, sometimes an ideal fit is just not in the picture. A job is good to have, and I've always heard it's easier to find a job when you already have one (I wonder if that's true?). So, good luck to you and let us know how it goes. Happy Birthday, Bugs! Hope the sickies be gone soon, you've had more than your share, that's for sure! We love you too, Shan. You silly girl, you. Hey, guess what? It's snowing again! I am so not kidding. Would I kid about this? In fact, I'm so not kidding, we have a winter weather advisory for tonight and tomorrow. Really! How fun. Angry

Bugs

Hi Guys. I'm at work, still sickish, but not quite as miserable. No running today. I'll do some lunges, and lift some weights at home. Think birthday celebration will get pushed off till Saturday when I feel a little tougher. Kids were sure cute about it this morning. Erika, March is a grab bag, never know what you're going to get. I think you've had enough snow too. I know I get sick often, and don't get over it easily. I wish I knew what to do different. Mr I, That's great. Good luck with interview. Sending you all my birthday luck.

Bugs

Bugs

See that is what happens when you get fast. You can catch illness, and it can't get away from you. You and quite a few others in this thread are what my tri club call " fastholes".
                        Oh that sounds bad.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Bugs, is it your birthday? Well, Happy Birthday! I just noticed that my run yesterday left me a TENTH of a mile short of 800 miles since I started last April. That measn my mid-week run later will cross 2 milestones - 800 total miles and 200 for the year so far. Pretty cool.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Birthday Bugs!! Hope you're feeling better ASAP! Good luck with the interview Mr. I!!! Erika, I don't workoutside of the home at the moment. I wish I did alot of the times though. Sorry to hear about the snow (that's why I don't live in Alaska lol) Dh worked until close to 4 this am so he didn't have to go into the office today. So of course I took advantage of that and ran with him during his run and after taking a few minutes to pee I headed out to do the rest of my miles solo. Ended up with close to 10 miles. Went roller skating with the twins this afternoon and I think I'm more sore from this (and the ice skating last Saturday) than I have been from running lately. Frankie and I left after 2 hours of skating dd is coming home with a friend of ours. MTA: My left arm is very sore as well as my back from the shoveling the other day *sigh*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cashmason

In fact, I'm so not kidding, we have a winter weather advisory for tonight and tomorrow. Really! How fun. Angry
                              Silly Erika, Alaska has winter 364 days a year. How could you not expect snow and cold?
                              Cashmason

Happy Birthday Bugs !