Marathon Trainers

Week of 2-16 (Read 333 times)

Cashmason

Just finished my midnight run. Thought about Lou and his wife PDR, they are probably doing their pre dawn run, as I finish my pre bedtime run.

Oh Mighty Wing

G' night Cash and G'morning Lou/PD!!!
        Hi, Shan! Well, pretty close Cash -- we only had a 3 miler so we didn't get out until 5:30 our time. You run late! That would make it hard to sleep for me -- I'd be too keyed up. Reminds me of my indoor soccer days with late games. 3.1 miles, 29:30, 9:25/mi, AHR 128 (69% mhr) followed up with core work

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Wow, I was up running before Lou. Home with the kids today and I want to run a double, but not both on the TM. I called a friend that runs at 5:00 a.m. and she was GLAD to have company. My arch was funny again. Feels almost like a blister coming on, but I'm not sure. What Kim did was so cool. Her last big long run was seven weeks back. Kind of makes you rethink the there hard long runs, and two week tapers. Nobby is right "you can overdue the long distance running". Made me feel more confident with the plan to have my last long run five weeks before my goal marathon.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

One of the benefits of being out of work is I don't have to decide between sleeping and running. I get to do them both. Heading out for 8 miles in just a few minutes. I'm dreading it because it'll be on the TM and my Ipod isn't working. Good runs to all.

Bugs

One of the benefits of being out of work is I don't have to decide between sleeping and running. I get to do them both.
              And you can watch Lettermen. I went to sleep at 7:00 pm, I know I need my sleep. My mindset is "in training". I was reading a quote from Deena Kastor that her coach told her "You need to live the livestyle of a runner. The decesions you make during the day will affect your running." This has really helped me focus with my diet and sleep, both equally important. I also found some warmth under the covers when I crawled back in bed. Big grin

Bugs

evanflein

Ok, 8 miles on the TM without the iPod would be a little tough. Any other electronic diversions available? I don't know that I could run as late as Cash on a regular basis, but every now and then it's kind of fun. The world is so different at that hour. Of course, it'd be pretty quiet around here early early in the morning, too. I find the after work time is pretty good for me and serves as a nice break between work and non-work me. Of course, if there are things scheduled right after work or early evening that can mess that all up too. Bugs, there certainly is something to be said for the "less is more" thought. But it might not work for everybody, or for every race. I think Kimmie was in pretty good shape overall and was well rested going into this one. Undecided whether to run at lunch (brought my stuff) or after work, which would be after parent-teacher conferences and dropping off my car at the shop. Which probably means if I wait, it won't happen. Grrr.
                  Dam Cash Midnight? WOW! I've only done that and it was during a 24 hour race. It was actually pretty cool Smile Way to get those runs in guys!! I got in a nice 4.1 with dh this morning. BOY is he stubborn!! Tried to get him to slow down since he did his long run yesterday and the week was his highest milage in at least 6 months. I did get him to slow down a touch but not like he should have. Will be going out for another easy run later in the day.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Bugs, there certainly is something to be said for the "less is more" thought. But it might not work for everybody, or for every race. I think Kimmie was in pretty good shape overall and was well rested going into this one.
                    I know, it's a tricky distance and how to handle the five weeks before is an art. The five weeks inbetween marathons will be hand crafted with mostly easy miles and a few shorter races in between. My first thought was I needed a LR two weeks after Fargo, but we'll just have to see. We'll just have to see how it plays out, a long time between now and then. Sad

Bugs

Dave

3 easy recovery miles for me today on the treadmill. I'm going to try and peak up my mileage this week as I've not been over 50 yet this training cycle. We'll see how it goes. I'm back at my regular job next week. Should be interesting with 4 weeks of unread email.Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

16 today. Figured it would be a good day for a long run since this weekend was too hectic and I have off for pres. day. It was very very nice. Although I definitely got punished for my last week of eating poorly and not drinking enough water and probably the lack of sleep... really the last week I felt like I was on a bender - eating crappy food, sleeping 4 hours a night, drinking more wine than water... I paid for it today, but it was a good pain and I think it helped jog me back into the right mindset!!
                          Way to go on the long runs! I notice Shan's 16 and Dave went very long yesterday.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Meh. I could sorta see the TV and I could hear it ok. Boring, but not the end of the world. Legs are sore from the race on Saturday, but the run was relaxed and at a decent pace. HR was very good. Tempo run tomorrow.
                            Cashmason

16 today. Figured it would be a good day for a long run since this weekend was too hectic and I have off for pres. day. It was very very nice. Although I definitely got punished for my last week of eating poorly and not drinking enough water and probably the lack of sleep... really the last week I felt like I was on a bender - eating crappy food, sleeping 4 hours a night, drinking more wine than water... I paid for it today, but it was a good pain and I think it helped jog me back into the right mindset!!
                              Shan, wtf? What happend to the girl I knew who thought 3 miles was a long run? What a Woman ! On the other hand I can relate to those Tee shirts that say " Running is my Prozac". When I am upset, running works as therapy for me.
                              theyapper

On the road again...

Didn't run until after 5 and figured I'd put in a nice 4 mile run or so. No big plans, just an easy run to start my last week before the cutback next week. My calves were pretty stiff for the first 2 miles, but when they loosened up I felt great. For the first run in a long time, I never checked my HR, my pace, my time or distance. I just ran. Finished up with a little sprint at the end and was surprised to see I'd been 5 miles. Nice, easy, fun - the kind of run that you don't want to stop.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul