Marathon Trainers

Week of 2-16 (Read 333 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Good run, Lou. Happy Friday, everyone. Hope it's full of good runs.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Oh I did not sleep well last night. I turned and toss with uncomfortable bitching legs. Today will be better. I woke-up with an email from coach asking how I was feeling. I had asked some questions about phases. Basicaly was told I've done enough aerobic work the last three years (most of you know I've done 98% base work in my running carreer and the other 2% races.) and it's time to add some specific training. I'm just loving having specific guidiance.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - i was wondering how your legs were feeling. So I ran 3.1 miles today at a medium pace. Oddest thing happened - my hands went tingly and numb. I was on a treadmill in our kept-way-to-warm-fitness-center so i know it wasn't cold. What's up with that??
          Sorry you didn't sleep well Bugs!! got 10 miles in. Going to pick ds from school for doctors appointment.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Bugs - i was wondering how your legs were feeling.
            A little tired today. I actually feel pretty good after my recovery run. Throwing a few elements in to force me to run slow. Extra clothes, no sleep, tired legs, and a full tummy. Worked. Ran a 10:24 pace.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

A little tired today. I actually feel pretty good after my recovery run. Throwing a few elements in to force me to run slow. Extra clothes, no sleep, tired legs, and a full tummy. Worked. Ran a 10:24 pace.
              glad to hear it!
              Kimmie

Shan- worried about the tingley feeling... could be the shoes were too tight? Bugs- glad you got a good recovery run in. Dave- I hope you're better. I am full fledged sick... a little delirious... I'm just not having much luck with not getting sick this winter. DH- let's just say he's not that healthy in his lifestyle choices.... never sick. Is that fair?

Oh Mighty Wing

it was my hands.

Dave

Sorry to hear that Kimmie. DW and I have similar health choices and we're both sick. Not delirious but partly crappy. Rest up and heal. I'll probably take another day off today. Sad

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

So now Shan is wearing tight shoes on her hands? I give up... Wink Kimmie, that goes under the category of "life isn't fair," but it still sucks. Hope you get better soon. Your race is behind you, you did awesome, pressure is off. Take the time to be good to yourself and recover. I've been very lucky the last couple of years with not getting very sick. The worst two times I can remember was last July... I got sick right before 4th of July and ruined my weekend and my training for the upcoming HM, and the Christmas before that. Totally put the crapper on my Christmas break and training for Carlsbad. My body is very considerate of my employer's needs. Only gets sick on holidays and vacations. Roll eyes Bugs, that is nice to have the direction a coach gives. Sometimes I think I'd like that instead of trying to plan it all out for myself, but I'm relying on pretty good resources to come up with my plan, and so far so good. But it would be nice to have someone say "you've worked hard enough on that, time to take it easy for a bit." Hope your legs recover well. Off to do a little recovery run at the gym. We didn't get as much snow as forecast but we did get quite a bit (for us). Still having flurries throughout the day today and windy, which is unusual for us, so I'm watching the snow go sideways past my window. Blech. I'm driving to the gym!
                        Shans gonna run a marathon on her hands? She is crazy Smile
                        theyapper

On the road again...

Just had a nice 4 miler. Now, for some Friday night time with the kids while my wife is off to a Pampered Chef party. Looking forward to a long run around 10 miles tomorrow.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

Pushups then 6-miles this morning in 1:00:51. Pace was 10:09. HR was 146bpm avg. About 70% HRR for me. High for that pace. I think it is improvement though. A few months ago being this tired, I would not have been able to get the HR up that high and hold it for an average. Pushup count this morning reached 515.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

I love Pampered Chef.... Bryan, you did 515 pushups this morning?? Why? How?? Shocked 3.32 mile recovery run today at lunchtime on the TM. *Yawn*

Oh Mighty Wing

2nd run didn't happen. Had dinner plans and will go to a bball game soon so I needed to come home and let the dogs play. Oh well - this weekend run's should be good so that'll make up for it.