Kimmie

Here's the link to National

http://www.nationalmarathon.com/

theyapper

On the road again...

Here's the link to National

http://www.nationalmarathon.com/

Just making the link even easier.  Smile

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hope your kid feels better soon, Kim

NJ was sick when we were there -- the parents didn't get too much sleep.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I feel like running--outside. I may go out for a couple slippery, snowy miles.

Kimmie

Ok, hubby's home by 6:45. I'm exhausted and starving and DO NOT want to run. But even though it took me until 8:15 to get out the door. I did it and am so much happier.

Good job kimmie!it always feels good after getting a run in.

Got 3 in tonight. It was a real good run. Not fast--but I was dodging snow plows and struggling up hills do to lack of traction. But legs felt real good. I needed it after feeling lousy this morning.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats Kimmi on pushing through to get out there -- and Murphy on battling through the snow. We're fortunate here to have very little precipitation of any kind this winter.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Good job, Kim and Murph.

We were supposed to have 1-3", then 1", but only got a dusting.  The streets had been treated so it wasn't slippery, even with the falling temperatures.  But it was windy.  Glad I only had 3 to run this morning.

evanflein

The streets had been treated so it wasn't slippery, even with the falling temperatures.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what that means. Before the snow? What sort of treatment do they get? I'm assuming some salty-something-or-other?

Kimmie, I sure hope your daughter is better soon. Sick kids are just so sad. But it's good that you stuck to your guns and got out there. I rarely regret a workout once I make myself do it.

I ran 5.3 on the treadmill last night. Nothin' special just a run. We were hoping it'd warm up by today, but no such luck. Soonest "relief" I see in the forecast is Monday. Rats. Was looking forward to running outside in something on the positive side of zero for a change!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Salt or sand, I'm sure, for road treatment, to reduce chance of icing.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

taking today off. I almost talked myself into running a couple times. Planning on squeezing in 20 miles tomorrow and Sunday. Not quite sure how Im going to split up those miles.

theyapper

On the road again...

How are the weekend runs going?  I got in 10 today - ran with some friends at their pace and ended up doing more of a recovery paced run.  Felt good to enjoy the company and the run, too.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hmmm, I'm not sure what that means. Before the snow? What sort of treatment do they get? I'm assuming some salty-something-or-other?

Yeah, apparently before the snow they'd treated the streets with salt or whatever, which caused whatever traces of snow which were there to melt, and it didn't re-freeze.  Else there was still some residue from the previous snow.

6 easy miles this morning, with some striders thrown in.  13° this morning, but I bundled up well.

Good to have company, once in a while Paul, even if it isn't the pace you'd want to run.

Is Murphy running 20 today?

no, not running 20 today. Wanted to get in a total of 20 today and tomorrow. Will probably get in 8 tonight and looking for 12 tomorrow.

Great run tonight. Planned on running at the gym, but they closed at 7:00. went out the door and ran through the neighborhood. The residential roads were slick and covered with snow. Did my normal run and then kept going on a country road. Went out a ways, and came back. Wasnt even sure on my mileage--forgot to reset my watch. Ended up with 8.4 miles - thought I only did 7+--at a beter pace than Ive run since I started back up.