Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/13 - 7 days of Boston Taper Madness (Read 344 times)

Bugs

Jeremy, Good work. Lots of impressive running in your log. Are you following a schedule or guide for your training? Bayshore will be exciting. I predict two new PRs for Team Bilster.

Bugs

Cashmason

Short run today. First week over 40 miles in a couple of years. Also short 500 yard swim today while I waited for g/f to finish her run. 93 degrees outside. Good day to run inside.
        For me, first week under 25 in a long time. I took today off because I ran yesterday and last night we walked pretty far to go eat so I figured I needed to conserve the glycogen. I'll be fine tomorrow. Looking forward to that post-race cheeseburger Smile Sorry to be transmit only lately...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

I also want to say I love the pics on FB, Lou. Had you met Erika before? I think I need screen names for some of them. The names sound vaguely familiar from my lurking days at KickRunning. Good luck and have fun! Don't worry about transmitting only... I feel like I've been doing that too lately and I don't even have a good excuse.

Hail to The Victors!

Speaking of which, I'm going to be driving up Michigan next week for a bit more househunting. Will be driving home on Sunday through Toledo. Makes me wonder if I might not get a HM in on the way home but I'd need to get to the expo before it closed (have to be out of Detroit by around 4PM by my guess). Hmm....
            Well, theoretically Mishka's running, and Rick Velich and his Mrs will be there. Is that enough name dropping to help you decide? ;-) If you were more sure than not, you could sign up in advance and just pick up your number on Sunday morning instead (though it looks like that's a bit of a rush as well for Sunday morning, as you'll still have to pick up your number, then hustle to a bus to the starting line). Probably not as ideal, but it's a concept. I'm starting to think about some sort of group lunch afterward, I'll contact you off group if you are interested.

Bugs

Lou, Just keep transmitting.. Have to go checkout your facebook. I'm so excited to watch the race tomorrow. Just noticed, I hit a PR mpw..my miles are slightly guessed but I try to guess on the low side. It is however much slower miles than the previous PR.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Good job on everyone pushing up the mileage and not getting hurt, and hope you continue to successfully to not get hurt with it Smile And best luck tomorrow Lou! I did some trail running this afternoon, designing/measuring for a trail run next week -- and got quite tired by the time I ran the whole thing again as a sanity check. I suppose that's good practice for running tired...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I also want to say I love the pics on FB, Lou. Had you met Erika before? I think I need screen names for some of them. The names sound vaguely familiar from my lurking days at KickRunning.
                  Thanks, Kimmie. We met Erika IRL a couple of times before, last year at Boston and once when she had a conference near us. Hmm, handles. From memory, there was rtravers (Robin hosted the party), dove, ksrunner, PBJ, La Tortuga, The Pro From Dover, GGPrunner (?), Peter NC, perchcreek, aamos, stumpy77, henrun, marj, abelaisle, mustang sally, spareribs sister BIL and nephew (his BIL has a 35 year running streak), not sure who I missed -- I think just about all of these were from the RA/KR masters forums.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com