Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/13 - 7 days of Boston Taper Madness (Read 344 times)

evanflein

5.2 miles tonight. I meant to do it "easy" but ended up with 8:18 avg pace. Splits were all over the place, but I was looking for hills and headwind... and I found it. Nothing like the wind I might encounter in Boston, but as close as I can come to. It was hard, but do-able. We'll see how this all shakes out. Doing laundry tonight and packing. Just a half day at work tomorrow and leaving at 5 pm.
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Got a 45min bike in on stationary bike last night at a motel here in Arlington, then this morning got a nice short 3.5mi in on the hilly neighborhood just next door -- and got turned around and popped out on Glebe unexpectedly, so ran down it across the I-66 bridge - and that wasn't bad after all. I like Arlington for the hills Smile Forgot my long-sleeved running shirt (and I get cold easily, and bundle up higher than average) -- so I put on a vest I found, and the short-sleeved shirt plus the vest worked pretty well even though my arms and hands were exposed. Glad of that; wouldn't have been as fun to be cold the whole time. MTA: So there's a race in Boston soon huh? Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Wow, Erika. you are so ready. It's going to be great. I hope to watch it on TV or online. I'm assuming that will be an option. Pondering whether or not to make today a rest day. I like the idea of streaking at least a little bit. Seems like I only get 4 or 5 days in a row before taking a day off. We have really busy days today and tomorrow though. Some of it's work related and some of it's kid related. It's so funny that I help people workout and then have to find time to get my own workouts in. I wish my clients were runners. Smile Believe me, I've tried to convert them. Sun's out again today- gorgeous.
          GOOD LUCK ERIKA AND LOU!! OH and ENJOY!! I say run and enjoy the beautiful weather Kimmie, that is if you can squeeze one in. I'm heading out to the twins school. They will be singing in todays morning meeting. After that I'm off to go run hill with my RP.I've gotta figure out what to do with Frankie tonight. Katie and her father will be out at the Girl Scout father daughter dance so it will just be him and I. Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I hope to watch it on TV or online. I'm assuming that will be an option.
            http://wbztv.com/bostonmarathon But it says "Online viewing in New England only", which confuses me -- not sure how they would prevent someone from outside new england from viewing, unless they figure it out somehow from IP address.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

thanks Lou! I will be watching... Smile You're gonna do great. Dave, I won't be running that half on Sunday, after all. My pastor is launching a fitness program at our church and he needs my help, so unless I could run a 1:15 half, I wouldn't make it to church. I do hope to be racing some shorter distances at the end of May and into June.

Hail to The Victors!

You Boston runners have a blast! Tell us what a great time you had when you get back! I just saw Lou's pic of the start line, and it's already added to my determination to be there next year.

Dave

You'll make it Jeremy. I'll bet you a beer or two Smile Kim, I'm going to pass on the HM this weekend too. I'm also passing on running today. Minor tweaking has become more nagging today and I know its time for a day off.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

smart move Dave. Always listen to what the boyd is saying! GORGEOUS DAY today!!! Todays 14 miles in the hills was very enjoyable. Other than stomach issue's in the first few miles (went away after using bathroom around 5.5 miles) and needing water I really enjoyed the run. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much considering what time of the month it is and the fact that I've put in some miles this week as well as a nice "hard" long run just a few days ago. It also helps having a RP to keep you company. TGIF People!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Oh, I know you Boston runners are pumped. I will be so happy to one day run that race. Hopefully... Rest up, Dave. The body is so good at communicating, isn't it? Can't wait to get out there and run today. it is absolutely beautiful here in central NC today.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

Good Luck Erika and Lou !

Bugs

4 easy miles today in perfect weather (take that, Bugs). Self control was restored and I ran a consistent 9:00 pace.
                          I ran 5 Big grin But really I could care less about mpw. I'm just running with the guidelines given me. Tomorrow I am suppose to run three hours, at a nice and easy pace, no garmin. I will put a distance in the log, but it will be a guess. It's a trail i've ran before I should be able to get close enough. Sorry the knee is bugging you, smart to not push it's limits.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a nice easy 5 miles today. It's late, and I'm hopefully up early for my long run. Hopefully something around 10 or 11 miles.

Paul

Dave

I ran 5 Big grin But really I could care less about mpw.
                              I was talking about the weather, not my miles. But I guess if you want to make this a competition ... Big grin Way to get out there Paul. Its a perfect morning for a 10 mile run.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Way to get out there Paul. Its a perfect morning for a 10 mile run.
                                It sure is. Too bad I can't run until later in the day. Undecided

Paul