Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-9 (Read 331 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan -- you're a little nuts Smile
    haha this is nothing new!!
    Kimmie

hey Shan I have two words for you . Awe. Some.

Oh Mighty Wing

Blush thanks

Bugs

Great job Shan. I guess the rest of us just over think it all...that or we're old and can't just go run 26.2 any given day like you dear.

Bugs

Cashmason

Fantastic Shan. Gee I was gonna tease you about being too sore to move today, and that just totaly went out the window. A little nuts, well thats what happens when you mix Erika's genes and mine. You just got a double dose of crazy. ( But good looking crazy though) 6.3 miles of running after weights and spin, then a few hundred yards of swimming. Get to go to Club 33 on Wednesday. Members only restaraunt in Disneyland, invitation only. One of the most exclusive restaraunts in Orange County. Minimum cost of food per person = same price as ticket to Disneyland, which I think is now 55 dollars. That is before drinks. Probably the only time in my life I will get invited, so its a cool thing to do. Friends 30th aniversary with her company, and she is only Erika's age. Prolly no running that day.
            evanflein

What's this mixing gene pool talk? You are getting to be a crazy old fart, ya know? But, um... I ran 6.3 tonight too. What's up with that? Have fun at your soiree, sir... that sounds like fun. Wear a clean shirt, ok? Heading off to Vegas tomorrow morning. Gotta get up at 4:30... that's less than 4 hours from now. Once I get on a laundry, cleanup, put away, etc, mood it's hard to stop... At least I'm all packed and ready to go.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - that sounds like fun! Erika - Hope you got a little sleep - or can nap on the plane or something. Thanks for all the congrats guys!!
                  Good morning! Looks like Eric fixed the time. I ended up staying late at work last night because it was still so sunny - geez, what's with that? My legs were still tired from skiing and the long run on Sunday, so I skipped the planned intervals this morning. Still ran fairly fast, at MP (or better). 8.0 miles, 1:04:40, 8:02/mi, AHR 162 (81% mhr) Safe travels, Erika!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

i ran so slow today i only ran 1.3 miles before I ran out of time!!! I was hoping to do at least 3. But since 1.3 almost took me 20 minutes I knew I needed to get into work and get caught up from being out yesterday and last week not being so productive. It was slow going this morning - I'm thinking it will be slow going this afternoon, but at least I'll have plenty of time to get a nice run done.

Dave

Nice run Lou. Glad to see you out there again so soon after that effort, Shan. Enjoy Las Vegas, Erika. Unfortunately, I seem to be catching some sort of bronchitis stuff that's going around work/neighborhood. May try and run some today just to clear my lungs. Given Kim's performance after being sick, it might be a good omen Tongue

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - I got out yesterday for 3. Am aiming for more than that today, we'll see how it goes. My upper quads are cranky - not surprising as that's where my cramps were for the last 8 miles of the race. It feels good to be moving though. Standing-up is worse than running so I might as well run!! Big grin and yes I hope it's a good omen for you!!! YEAH TAPER!!!!

Bugs

Oh Dave, I hope you're fine. The thing is that bronchitis is a bitch to get rid of. Lots of fluids & lots of naps. Now is a really good time to slack off at work.

Bugs

Happy Camper

Belated congratulations Shan! Awesome Marathon! Dodged the rain this morning and got out for 6.10. 57:26 with 143 Avg HR. HR drifted upward compared to yesterday but it was nice having the warmer temperature. 52 this morning. Could have gone longer but I am trying to save it for a 5k Saturday. Hope I can get rested up before then. Funny thing about the time change is that I am waking up earlier and going to bed later. Viva Las Vegas Erika! Smile Dave: Bronchitis is forbidden. Kimmy: Still have not heard what times I will be running on the American Odyssey relay. I will be staying in Philadelphia. Hope plans get confirmed soon. Either that or there will be a real cheap flight on craigs list if it falls through. Angry

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - YOU ARE COMING TO PHILLY???????????????? WHEN?????????????

Dave

I might be running in that relay too. Still haven't heard back from the team but it seems likely.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com