Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-9 (Read 331 times)

Kimmie

ran another 4.5 today. Totally gorgeous outside. I think someone just needs to pick a meet up place after nationals. Funny how short 4.5 seems now. I should be running longer.

Bugs

BUT... can Nobby trust me? Bugs might just be a serial killer.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

BUT... can Nobby trust me? Bugs might just be a serial killer.
        I'd trust you!
        Cashmason

Bugs, I think Nobby is pretty safe from you ..... unless he looks like Elmer Fudd. Then he may fall down a rabbit hole. You are not an idiot hole. My g/f was sure we were about to meet ax murderers the first time I suggested we have lunch at a public restaraunt with online friends. I think Nobby is probably pretty safe. If he only had 3 posts, I might worry. But he seems to post a lot and know a lot of stuff about running. Plus your husband and your friends know who you are gonna be with when. Carry a cell phone and a credit card. If you get bad vibes you can back out, or if his car breaks down, you have a way to buy a bus ticket home. But I suspect you will have a great time and learn a lot.

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah what Cash said!!!
            theyapper

On the road again...

If he only had 3 posts, I might worry.
              So, if it were me...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Bugs, I think Nobby is pretty safe from you ..... unless he looks like Elmer Fudd. Then he may fall down a rabbit hole.
                I think he is the brave one. He ate my x-mas cookies I mailed him and I am much more of a nobody than he is. Funny when I called last time I said my real name, it didn't trigger. I had to say, "Bugs". Smile But there will be no husband or kids there. I forge alone, but have some friends from the cities that will be there. I think it will be OK. Will be an interesting race report, for sure. I have that pre-race fat feeling, which can be good. Plump and ready to race. MTA: So you don't think they chop up blond mid-aged runners to fry up in those egg rolls?

Bugs

Cashmason

MTA: So you don't think they chop up blond mid-aged runners to fry up in those egg rolls?
                  I think blondes don't taste good with the egg roll dipping sauce.
                    'morning! Quads still tired. 3.1 miles, 29:02, 9:17/mi, AHR 131 (62% mhr)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Stupid chest cold. No running. Probably should stay home from work but I won't. I sure hope this goes away soon. Starting to get worried about the race.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

I finally have a computer!!! But it's not my computer- so that means that my pictures and music are still in hard drive broken land... Yes, I should have backed up. I know that now.... It doesn't help that my DH who fixes everyone's computers cannot fix mine. Cry I'm trying not to freak out too much. I have a lot of pictures backed up- just not all of them and the music- well, that's just money. Bugs, have a great time at your race. Nobby seems really nice. Have you met internet people IRL before? Dave, I'm so sorry you're sick. My running coach says that you could not run at all the last three weeks before a marathon and be perfectly fine. So, you know, rest, rest, and more rest. As far as Nationals goes, should we pick a place to meet up? Even though I'm somewhat local, I'm still 40 minutes west of DC and i'm not super familiar with the area around RFK stadium. I know some places in Arlington. Lou, where are you guys staying?
                          We are staying at the Madison at the corner of 15th and M streets NW or thereabouts.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Bib #166 for National. I think I signed up pretty early Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

how did you find your bib number?? 4717 4 easy miles this morning in the moonlight.

Dave

dgb2n@yahoo.com