Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-9 (Read 331 times)

Great pic Shan. Cash is right about sick being part of tapering. Better to feel like crap now so that come race day you'll ROCK! Had a real bad day yesterday. I have problems with getting overstimulated (sensory issue) and I'm totally useless when I get like that. Got in an easy 9 in hopes of feeling better. Didn't work however I'm feeling much better this morning though if I'm not carefull I could see a repeat of yesterday. Happy Friday everyone! TGIF!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Sorry to hear about your sensory stuff going awry yesterday, Pam. At least you got the run in. Forecast for next Saturday is 60% chance of rain, low 39F, high 53F. Sounds pretty good for the race. Feeling better again today. May do a little easy treadmill later.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Good forecast for the race... don't feel ready for this half- but I'm hoping that some of my marathon fitness is still in there somewhere. Still having neck/upper back issues so I took yesterday off and will not run today- tomorrow- 12 miles. Sorry to hear about your sensory problems, Pam. Hope you feel better. Glad you're feeling better, Dave. Shan, I agree- great picture. My pics at the end of Myrtle Beach are humorous.... I look like death- and my head is down for most of them. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew I needed to raise my arms and smile as I crossed the finish but when you're running your guts out, I just couldn't do it. Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Pam - sucks. hope today isn't a repeat. Dave - glad you are feeling better. Kimmie - i wasn't aware the shot was taken until afterwards... either way I hadn't crossed that line yet so I was still racing! Wink
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Well, I am once again employed. This job is not fabulous. I might go so far as to say it sucks a little. However the market is bad so I'm taking it while I continue to look. There was a job fair here earlier this week. They were expeciting about 500o people. 6500 people showed up and got in and they turned away another 1500. It's ugly out there. I start on teh 23rd so this coming week has the potential to be quite chill. I am contemplating two options: 1. Enjoy one final week of not having to chose between sleep and running 2. Start to re acclimate to early morning run by doing some 4:30 am runs. Your thoughts?

Oh Mighty Wing

i'd go for a little reacclimation, but I do that at teh end of the summer. I start getting up when I would for school about a week in advance so that by the time I have to do it for work I don't spend the day exhausted - at least not due to getting up earlier.
                Thanks Dave, Kimmie and Shannon! Glad to hear your feeling better, good luck on your run today dave! Are you taking anything like ibuprofen Kimmie?? And how about having dh rub your shoulder and back out? That's what I usually do when I have issue's oh and I make sure to do heat therap as well. Enjoy your day off and hope your 12 miler tomorrow is great! Btw I think you are going to ROCK the half next weekend! Job market SUCKS ASS!!! Dh got lucky and got a pretty good contract though he has to travel up to The Pocono's every day. He did #2 and he even got up early on the weekends before he started the contract. Hopefully something better will come your way soon. BTW you wouldn't happen to be in IT would you Mr. I? Decided to try Little Lehigh again since it warmed up (not that it's all that warm today lol). Got in a nice 17 miler with an average pace of 8:51. It was soooooooooooo nice having a place to stash my water. It was nice not dreaming about water throughout my run. Oh and soooooooooo nice to have porta pots instead of bushes lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Congrats on the job, Mr. I, even though it wasn't what you were looking for... I think that you should enjoy sleeping in as long as possible... but that's just me. Smile Getting used to getting up earlier might be smarter, but I feel like enjoying the time that you have might have now.
                  Cashmason

36 miles riding the canyon today. For you non bikers that's similar to a 12 mile run, but the ride was hilly. Good news is I finally broke 40 miles per hour on the bike, got up to 42 mph. We wont talk about the 5 mile per hour uphills = about 2 mph running = 30 minute pace. At that pace the bike just about falls over onto the ground. And since you brought up bushes, 2 of the 4 women I rode with this morning, had to make bush stops, since were were not near any public restrooms.

Hail to The Victors!

Hello everyone. Took today off from work and got 19 in this morning, Tomorrow we're off to Chicagoland to go to my niece's baptism for a whirlwind two day tour. I plan on doing a few miles here and there, but nothing too long. It's VERY nice to be away from work today.

Hail to The Victors!

Well, I am once again employed. Your thoughts?
                        Congrats! That's good news! I think I'd probably want to stick with option 2, but I'd end up doing option 1. The ideal would be getting used to being up that early, though!

Oh Mighty Wing

Another 5 in the books. I GOT A BIKE!!! Well I'm getting a bike - just needs some tuning up and new tires... i'm nervous as I have not been on a bike in 15 years.

Bugs

Mr. I that's great news. And right now most of the jobs kind of suck. Probably why I can't loose weight..I eat so much crap all day long. LOL Seriously, you must be top notch. Meet Nobby at 8:00 tomorrow. If I'm not around tomorrow night send a search party.

Bugs

Bugs

1. Enjoy one final week of not having to chose between sleep and running 2. Start to re acclimate to early morning run by doing some 4:30 am runs. Your thoughts?
                              SLEEP. Easy, easy choice. It's going to be hell getting up tomorrow at 5:30. yuck.

Bugs

Dave

OK, starting some planning for Saturday. The expo/start/finish is at the DC Armory downtown. If we can't meetup at the expo, Saturday morning 6:30AM I'll try and stand very close to this spot at the left of the front steps.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com