Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-9 (Read 331 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Dave!! oh and 2 more miles muahahaha
      Hi everybody. First--Shan--Great Job on the marathon!! You are kickin ass. And you look great. OK, I think Im over my funk..and am ready to get back to my running. Work in a nutshell. Lost about 25 % of the volume of a huge account, then doubled the business. Then lost the entire business, and now back to doubling the business. Negotiations suck. Especially when the company you are negotiating is a monster with all the power. Had a huge presentation yesterday in front of our customer, and competitors..the end result is Im personally managing their entire business and coordinating with some competitors to put together a cohesive program for the customer. Wow, that sounds boring when put like that. But, good thing is its job security in this tough market...Then today I found out my boss/mentor is leaving the company. So, everything that could really happen has happened, and I realized Im feeling like crap physically. Back aches and heartburn..two recurring isssues that arent really issues when I run. So, Im getting out there first thing in the morning. Im still considering coming for DC. Depends on how my runs go this week. If Ive maintained some stamina, I may give it a go. 18 total hours of driving isnt real appealing, but meeting some of Team Blister would be worth it. I'll go back and check, but who is in? Any plans for Friday night?

Oh Mighty Wing

DO IT!!!!
        Cashmason

Hope Bugs is having a good time and hasnt killed Nobby yet.

Dave

Hope Bugs is having a good time and hasnt killed Nobby yet.
            I'm sure Nobby is used to having stalkers.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good luck, Bugs! Murphy - I'm not sure what's going on Friday night. We'll be at the expo starting around 5:30-6:00 (as soon as we can get down there from work). According to the upcoming races thread, the following will be at the race. 3/21 - Dave - National Marathon Goal - Sub 3:30 3/21 - Murphy - National Half - Goal - 2hr 3/21 - Shan - National Half - Goal - 2hr 3/21 - Kimmie - National Half 3/21 - WRFB - National Half 3/21 - predawnrunner - National Half Uh, Shan - are you really running a half tomorrow, too? Erika - can you please try to get her under control? Dave - we'll try to be at that location at 6:30am, no guarantees though. I wonder if we'll be able to park nearby or if we really do need to take the metro. After the race, who knows? I hope to hang out until Dave finishes if the weather isn't too uncomfortable. We know someone else running the full hoping for a 3:30, so it'll be interesting to see who comes in first. Oh, almost forgot: Yesterday: 5.1 miles, 41:31, 8:09/mi, AHR 150 (75% mhr), incl 6x20sec striders Today: 5.1 miles, 46:22, 9:08/mi, AHR 136 (68% mhr)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - yeah I figure I feel good so why not! Smile 5.5 miles this am - nice and easy. Will probably head out and run more later... don't know why I didn't keep going...
                  4 miles this morning in 42 mins. A little tough. Gonna go out this evening for more. Hopped on the scale this morning, was over 200 lbs Sad. Wonder if I can get in the Clydesdale division? 2 straight weeks of long car trips for work didnt help..Lots of horrible food on those drives..

Dave

I think friday night is still up in the air. I'll probably hit the expo at lunch time by taking the metro over since the evening traffic can be pretty rough later. Morning of, there's good parking at RFK stadium but you need to get there before the roads get blocked off. Much easier parking than USMC. Can be a bit tricky. I will most likely drive rather than metro. 5 trail miles today with some of the people from the relay team run. Probably ran a bit harder than I should've but it was nice to finally run again. The trail was pretty technical and got me anaerobic and pretty tired. But it was only 5 miles. Anxiously hoping to hear about Bug's race.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Looks like the streets start closing at 6:45, so we'll probably give at least 1/2 hour margin on that and try to get through before 6:15 -- that's about right for a 7am start I guess anyway. We're about 15 minutes away so I guess we should try to leave the hotel before 6. Likely we'll leave earlier than that -- I know I'm going to be anxious. MTA: Brewing an english pale ale now. Unfortunately it won't be ready for this race, and we're very low on beer. Normally I like to bring beer to races to share but I guess it's not going to work out this time. Undecided

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - you can make it up to us with beer bread??? <wiggling>></wiggling>

Happy Camper

Distance Time Total Time Pace Avg HR Max HR 1 Mi 7:21.67 7:21.67 7:22 170 177 2 Mi 7:32.72 14:54.39 7:33 175 178 3 Mi 8:02.49 22:56.88 8:03 177 179 .14 Mi 0:57.39 23:54.27 6:50 176 177 Not what I was expecting this morning. College basketball late games + beer does not mean a good race the next morning. Hope Bugs had a better day. Murph: Great to see you back!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

P2R still isn't too shabby in my book!
                              p2r I see what you're saying -- you kind of faded, but you did have a really good kick at the end. I have a feeling I'll never see my PR again -- I haven't gotten close since -- so I know how frustrating this can be.

Kimmie

ran 12 miles pace all over the place. Hoping I can get some mojo back for next week. As far as Nationals goes, I will be going to the Expo lunch time on Friday. Saturday morning, I will plan to meet you all at 6:30. And then after, we could meet up at the Reston Runners tent. That's where I met my friends last year and they don't seem to mind. And then we could go to an early lunch. I'll ask around for a good place.