Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/11 (Read 411 times)

Bugs

Kimmie, You are too kind. I have mixed feelings about Fargo. I ran it just like coach told me to do, nice and easy, right in the time he said. If my calves had not been so tight I would have ran faster but every time I pushed they reminded me my goal race is Grandmas. I don't think coach really thought I'd run it easy. So what do I get for listening to instructions? More hill circuits. Shocked Fargo was a blast though. I will not stop to throw the football with the frat boys in Duluth though. MTA: 4:08 was clock time. Chip time should be 4:06.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

I ran a local 5k with my family this past Saturday and had a blast! No hurry, only goals were finishing and having fun. Mission accomplished. Here we are before the start. For the record, I came in last in our family. Of course, our daughter had me carry her on my back for part of the race so she could have plenty of energy at the end to outsprint me. Big grin Back at it today. Put in 5 easy miles. I am really getting excited about Richmond in November. Seems like a long time from now, but I'm sure it will get here quicker than I think.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

Great looking family Yapper. Teaching spin 4 out of the next 5 days, and the ankle hurts from yesterdays 14 miler, so probably not much running this week.
          That sounds like a world of fun, yapper!
          Lou, what time do you guys go to bed?
          Between 8:45 and 9:30, generally. 8:45 is when we are running really early (e.g., 11-13 miles -- waking up at 3:30). Regardless of the early waking, I love running before work.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My wife wanted to do Richmond for her first marathon, but sadly the date wouldn't work this year. Nice job on the full family 5K Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Not that I'm not telling, I'm not logging. I made it up higher up in the headlines in the Fargo Forum than the Team Blister report. What does a girl have to do to get some attention around here?
              Aw, Bugs. I didn't mean to short change you. I guess I just knew that your goal race was still to come. How well did you hold up in the later miles? I'm wondering what I've got to change to prevent fading. Your note about training being like gardening (no roots grow if you keep pulling the plant up to check its growth) resonated with me. I think I've been killing all my roots. Big grin I've got my Army 2 mile test tomorrow morning. Haven't run one hard for time in a very long ime. Thinking maybe about something under 13 minutes. Will see how it goes.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

May be in Delaware this weekend -- just checked SeashoreStriders upcoming race list, and there are two 5Ks this weekend, so might hit one or both of them... Frankly, a trail HM in Quantico sounds more fun, but a much further drive, esp from Delaware!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Aw, Bugs. I didn't mean to short change you. I guess I just knew that your goal race was still to come. How well did you hold up in the later miles? I'm wondering what I've got to change to prevent fading.
                  I don't run many marathons in a year, I got get some attention when I do...it's a marathon forum right? I had no problems at the end. I kept the same pace, no problems lifting my legs, and never even considered a walking break. That said I was not really in the mood to sprint either. It was a training run..but it was also a little test to see how I would do in a marathon with just one three hour run. I didn't PR on purpose, not that I couldn't have but who would believe me, besides me? I can tell you I'm a big believer of that hill springing and easy running now. That honey might me a bit magical too. I can't believe how good I felt using just two GUs.
                  Your note about training being like gardening (no roots grow if you keep pulling the plant up to check its growth) resonated with me. I think I've been killing all my roots. Big grin
                  May is a good time to start a garden. Big grin OK, Enough of me.. Inertia, Jeremy how are you feeling????????????

Bugs

Dave

That is a great photo. You guys are beaming and not just the reflective beam off of Shan's MM jacket Big grin Since this is the Internet, I just modified my weekly summary to show you a bit more Blister love. MTA: Great family shot, Yapper. I'm going to be support crew for the Girls on the Run 5K this weekend. Smile

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Thanks for the editorial Dave. You're off my list now. Wink

Bugs

Kimmie

Paul: love the picture. That had to be great to run a 5K with the whole family. I hope to do that someday. I can't believe you carried DD on your back! Cash: hope the ankle feels better. I may take a spin class tomorrow... We'll see how my schedule plays out. Dave: let us know how the 2 mile test goes. Bugs: Great picture! I know you've told us about your training, but I want to hear more... I'd love to try some of that approach for my next marathon. Did you eat honey during the marathon or just in the days leading up to it? Erika: hope you're hanging in there.
                          What a great picture of Shan and Bugs! Early to bed, early to rise gave me a 4:48 start: 8.2 miles, 1:05:24, 7:58/mi, AHR 152 (78% MHR) Included 10x20sec striders. Cash - ankle? I'm clearly not paying attention. Hope it improves. You, too, Erika - it must be so frustrating. Dave - you'll have no problem breaking 13 minutes, I would think.

Hail to The Victors!

OK, Enough of me.. Inertia, Jeremy how are you feeling????????????
                            Great pic guys! You look great! Legs still a little tight from the weekend. 12 today, last midweek long run. Definitely worked things hard last weekend, and am still feeling it. I'm ready to go, otherwise! Hard to believe it's only 11 days out!

Dave

2 mile test this morning in 12:40 on a quarter mile track. Pretty even splits after running the first lap too fast (1:25). That was my fastest time in 15 years so I'm pretty pleased with the result. That was after pushups and situps. Not as good on the pushups. According to the McMillan calculator, this should put my marathon time at 3:20 Big grin Stupid calculator. If you want to see how you stand against the Army standards for your age group, you can check it out here: http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/pdfs/PTreq.pdf

dgb2n@yahoo.com

2 mile test this morning in 12:40 on a quarter mile track.
                                Told you! (Nicely done). Do they let you use a garmin for pacing?