Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/11 (Read 411 times)

Up early this morning for a 9er. Man, I was sleeping hard when my alarm went off at 3:40. Ugh. PDR got up with me -- she's not running nearly as far but wanted to get some sewing done before her run. At 52, am I the oldest of the group? I hope I'm running as well as Eugene Defronzo when I'm his age! I'm in for the shirt -- is that for real? I know a good artist / runner who if I ask nicely might be commissioned to make a logo. (You can never have enough shirts -- although I hardly ever wear singlets). See http://www.cafepress.com/EDornbusch for some samples of her work. A light rain this morning, but nice temps, about 57°F 9.1 miles, 1:13:12, 8:02/mi, AHR 156 (80% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

It's a double-worthy age - you get an age bracket jump at both the 5yr stuff and even at the 10yr stuff. My birthday this year was completely worthless - no age bracket help anywhere.... -- but next year I get 10 more minutes for Boston Smile
      what do you mean by age bracket help?? It is nice that I have an extra 5 minutes for Boston though it would be nice not to need them. We shall see this weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ok you can do a tempo run, and not sweat that much, or stink? By the time I reach tempo pace my clothes are already soaked in sweat. Good luck with your marathon. For those of you that dont wash your clothes before a run, remind me not to do a long run next to you, or at least let me get on the upwind side.
        Oh I usually sweat alot I just don't think I was working hard enough so it really wasn't a true tempo Speaking of washing dh glued a skylar blanket under the glass lid . I did my first load of laundry this week today and so far so good *knock on wood* Part should arrive next Friday. Hopefully what dh lasts that long! MTA: Thanks cash Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm in for the shirt -- is that for real? I know a good artist / runner who if I ask nicely might be commissioned to make a logo.
          I'm sure we can do better, but I had some time to kill this morning and threw these together for the fun of it.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

I'd like something with a little more attitude like "The swamp without the stink."

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I'd like something with a little more attitude like "The swamp without the stink."
              but if most of us admit to rewearing running clothes between washings can that statement really be true?
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... Speaking of washing dh glued a skylar blanket under the glass lid . I did my first load of laundry this week today and so far so good *knock on wood* ...
                Kudos to your DH!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

I need to know more about the swamp..... What's so bad about it? I'm in pain today- no more pushups ever.

Oh Mighty Wing

I need to know more about the swamp..... What's so bad about it?
                    it's not bad - it's just swampy - it is crudeness, snarkiness, elitist prickery, and general orneryness all rolled into one... it is not for the sensitive...

Dave

I need to know more about the swamp..... What's so bad about it?
                      http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/Forum/6f1e8c1aadde4bd0b4a2bd857481d0ed/23 The blow up starts here. Read at your own risk. The swamp has its good points (funny, clever people, good runners) and its bad points (ridiculous, immature displays of behavior, clickish pettiness). This thread makes me wonder why I bother posting at all.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I need to know more about the swamp..... ...
                        No, no you don't. The swamp is a way for people with too much time on their hands to use up their time without running....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hail to The Victors!

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/Forum/6f1e8c1aadde4bd0b4a2bd857481d0ed/23 The blow up starts here. Read at your own risk. The swamp has its good points (funny, clever people, good runners) and its bad points (ridiculous, immature displays of behavior, clickish pettiness). This thread makes me wonder why I bother posting at all.
                          I think that that thread is a great example when trollish behavior gets a little out of hand. I pretty much saw it coming a week ago when Candice and Ben first started talking about it being elite, and when they started making a subtle stink about it, I knew it was going to have lots of drama. Candice started yanking some chains, and Ben ran to defend his lady love when crap started flying as a result. Nevertheless, the swamp is a great place for advice sometimes, when you get Jeff, Mikey, Scoville, or Mishka off talking about workouts and what they are doing to get faster. There's some really good nuggets there, and if a person is looking for some competition, there are runners of all experience levels there, it's just not the fast guys, it's fast and slow people both. All people have in common is that they run, a LOT.
                            I'm still mad at Candice for standing me up and not even saying, "sorry" I like the general designs above I have to read that thread for entertainment sometime when I'm not late for a meeting Roll eyes

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

but if most of us admit to rewearing running clothes between washings can that statement really be true?
                              Did I stink before or after the Fargo marathon JellyFish? WillRunForBeer, She stood you up. That is way rotten. I would have never done that to you. Grandmas will be interesting. To be honest I have about 12 real friends running it that take priority over just about anyone else, unless Team Blister friends come and run it.

Bugs

Happy Camper

I'm entered. Ozark Trail 100 on 11/7. It is going to be an interesting Summer. www.ozarktrail100.com

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.