Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/11 (Read 411 times)

Bugs

BTW bugs GREAT Photo's! LOVE the one with you and Shan crossing the finish line. You look like you were having so much fun!
    WE DID! GOOD LUCK SUNDAY. (I keep thinking it's Saturday, all my races are on Saturday's it seems.)

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Taper is taking hold. I'm running strong and relaxed. My easy pace has been 20-40 seconds faster than typical. Bayshore is a week from tomorrow. I've never felt this confident going into a race before.
      You've put in the time and done the crime. I think you're gonna kick butt next weekend. I have that same confidence as well. It's going to be a great day.

Dave

Shirts!? That would be awesome. Does mine need to be a different color since I'm sorta part timer here these days? You know how the half marathon and marathon shirts are usually different? Tongue
        Maybe we should have some unspoken criteria that only the cool people know about to determine who gets which shirt. Tongue This is Blister, baby. Wanting to be here means you belong.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Morning. Humid here. Yuck -- sluggish run with high HR 4.1 miles, 37:37, 9:16/mi, AHR 141 (72% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

I was feeling the humidity also, Lou. ran with my beginner group 2 miles and then tacked 4 more miles with my regular running group- bolted to DD2's soccer game. Tough to get the long runs in when it's soccer season- and right after this is swim season. I feel way too guilty missing a game or a swim meet, so I just have to be more resourceful with my time.

Dave

My girls ran their "Girls on the Run" 5K this morning. Finished in about 42 minutes and they had a great time. They didn't expect to see me there and I got this one (blurry but good moment(.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Really great pictures, Dave!

Happy Camper

Nice pictures Dave! Go Pam! Hope the weather is good for you Sunday. Nice 11& change for me this morning. Downtown run through campus. 1:44:37. 9:22 mm avg pace, 153 avg hr. Nice General Aerobic run.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Great photos -- esp the happy surprised one Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Aw Dave! you've got to be so proud of them. What does her shirt say? My Dad runs... something.... Super cute pictures.

Bugs

Good family moments Dave! Headed out for an easy run now. Everything below the knee needed some recovery time from running the marathon with tight calves and I've been in the pool. yesterday I ran on grass and worked kinks out. I hope Pam and JellyFish don't have the wind we got going on here.

Bugs

Cashmason

Great Pics Dave !

Dave

you've got to be so proud of them. What does her shirt say? My Dad runs... something....
                            It says, "My Dad ran the Marine Corps Marathon". I tried to get her to wear her green Girls on the Run shirt but she wanted to wear it. Blush They did great. I think she wants to run another one. Smile

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran the 5K in Millville this morning. Got there after the accident but before they closed the road, which was not long after I got there, so there weren't many runners there for a while, until the fire truck and rescue squad vehicles left, and the tow trucks arrived, got both vehicles loaded, and departed, and they finally reopened the road. Someone had been hit turning into the race start facility that morning. They announced later that they'd heard from the hospital that he was ok. I jogged the course, which was a bit dangerous, as all traffic was being diverted around right through the course, so I had to switch from side to side depending on which way cars were coming. After that I jogged out the other way to see if there was a line of cars queued up, and there sure was -- then as I jogged back, the dam broke (road reopened) and a flood of runners drove in. Finally the race started, and some kids zipped out in front. I chased a shirtless guy who looked completely tireless, and we rolled up the kids one by one, and then before the mile I moved out in front. After that I just chased the lead cyclist -- I've never followed a lead vehicle before (actually I've never led a race before, except only once and that was right at the end) -- that was kind of entertaining. Lots of people gave me cheers and greetings coming back from the turnaround. Afterward, I was walking out to the road to warmdown when a couple started jogging out, so I asked them if they minded company (they said no), and joined them for a social warmdown -- that was a fun chat. As we discussed different areas, when I mentioned Washington, the guy told me that he PR'd on Cherry Blossom (10), and ran an hour, and still had something like 25 women in front of him -- fast runners we have in Washington area apparently Smile Oh, and I did my run by feel experiment -- never looked at watch, so no pace or split knowledge. Ran a time right in my usual time for 5Ks over the past 6 months (excluding Frederick), so I guess my feel has settled into my average.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

You won? Am I understanding that right? If so -- wow!