Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

AP - I have no idea what you are talking about I credit CMM and starting to run again to my recovery - no i'm not kidding. And yes I will be at some 'thon some where this weekend. And I'm glad to hear that your wife figured out what was going on.
    i really hope if that 'thon is The Pig you would tell me.

Bugs

(ETA: Where's Bugs?
      Glad to be missed. Trying to be a better wife and mother means less time for Team Blister. I've been running zen-fully though, with the exception of tapering pains. I'm not suppose to be tapering but have a few aches and pains and am just running my schedule without the optional doubles and keeping my graston doctor rich. I've concluded I am done running with garmin, unless I really need to know the pace. The only difference between running by time versus distance is, I run the recovery runs easier and the recovery works better if I use the Lydiard time guidelines. You guys want to ask Greg McMillan anything? Nobby is staying at his house this weeknd. So envious. Good Luck Shan and Pam. Shan, I know what you mean about keep moving. I tighten up too. Pam I believe this rest is wonderful for you.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Pam - good luck this weekend!!!!
          Good morning! Headed to Minneapolis today. Should be a fun weekend. A little warm (60°F) and wet roads this morning. 5.1 miles, 45:39, 8:58/mi, AHR 141 (72% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Bugs, sounds like your priorities are straight. Better for us to miss you than your family Smile Best of luck to all our racers this weekend (Murphy, JF, Perry, and Pam). I'm facing what looks to be a slow day a the office and will probably peel away for an 8 miler today nice and easy. Very much looking forward to it after such a low mileage recovery week. On the house front up in Michigan, it looks like we've got an accepted offer on a house in Rochester Hills. Still waiting on the final contract for signatures but I think it will go through (I may have already posted this).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Great news on the house, Dave. Nice to get that big task done, I'm sure. Hope everyone racing this week does great! I'm sure you all will. Nice 4 miles this morning. Already 100% humidity at 5:45 when I went out the door - yuck.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oops, I missed murphy and Perry for wishing luck on the races!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

It sure is humid out there... I'm launching a fitness program for my church tomorrow morning... hope the rain doesn't scare everyone away. Let's hear from the racers, especially Murphy, how's everyone feeling?? I want to race something soon. I feel recovered from the relay. A goal race would be good... I'm considering a 10K or possibly a 5K, we'll see. I will run later on today, I hope.

Oh Mighty Wing

ok so race check in - who are you and how are you feeling??? CAN YOU FEEL IT???? I'll go first... ME!!!! I'm racing!!! The distance is a marathon. I feel good - this was an active recovery week and it was good... foot is in a good place... TIME TO RACE!!!!
                      THANKS FOR THE GOOD LUCK I am bib # 3810 for tracking purposes. www.flyingpigmarathon.com I expect to get back and read the following.. At 13.1 split - WOW, Murphs half pace is real good, if he keeps that pace up, he will get a PR by a bunch 20 mile - Slowing down a bit--if he can hang on he can still get under 5 hours ??? - No finish time for Murph yet, hope he's ok 5:30Tight lippedx - Good, he finished. Good job. Actually due to the course layout, and my injuries, I plan to go out real easy through about mile 10. I may not be trained very well, but I am starting to learn to be smarter on the course. I'll have fun. Looks like rain..and cool weather. If it would have been last weekend, it would have been real ugly. Im rooting for the rain and treacherous conditions for marathon #10. Dave, congrats on the house..Being in Michigan, I really hope to see you at Columbus this year.
                        I feel perfectly healthy finally. But havent run in a month. My log is gonna look awesome.
                        Cashmason

Have a safe trip Lou ! Good Luck Murph and Shan. Some dummy ran hills yesterday, and now the achillies hurts just a little bit. Supposed to run 13 this week end. Not sure if that is a good idea or not. Pain is only about a 2 on scale of 10.
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm running (most of) the Pig. I'm DNFing at mile 20 after running that portion progressively. Final long run prior to Bayshore. Never did this before and I know going into it is going to be difficult. I could totally jog the final 6 miles and PR but I don't think that's what's best for Bayshore.
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm doing a group run tomorrow morning, but I just realized the timing is not good for me -- group run at 0800, brunch at 1000. That is way too long a gap; I don't want mileage in the morning. I've the 5K in the evening and the mara the next morning. Plus a serious lack of self-discipline to be faced with that kind of temptation problem (going out for a run with others who don't need to stop short)... Smile Oh well, at least I'm not in a cast or something; I know some injured local runners, and that has to be frustrating as heck.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - you are stronger than I am. I will never DNF again.