Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/29 (Read 309 times)

Dave

I went to Dehli a couple of years ago.  Don't expect to run there at all.  It would be almost impossible.

As far as the jet lag goes, I felt off pretty badly for 3-5 days.  We had the direct flight out of Newark so it was a monster of a flight. 

First run in Michigan this morning.  Took a short loop around my subdivision for 3 miles.  Running paths the whole way.  Very nice.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

I went to Dehli a couple of years ago.  Don't expect to run there at all.  It would be almost impossible.

I didn't think I'd run much there, if at all, but why is it almost impossible? Crowds? Cobras? Hostile environment?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Glad to hear dh is recovering nicely Erika! How you feeling??

Blisters SUCK ASS Perry WAY to htfu during your  race's at the track meet!  

Thanks Paul though I felt like I was "sleeping" during the race if that makes any kind of sense.Enjoy your rest day!

Totally forgot that today was hill day, that is until I got on FB last night. My RP left a message about this morning. Anyways managed to get twins off to daycamp and off to meet her for 8 miles of hills. We didn't do the big ones. I think easing back into them will be smarter for me. Nice rolling hill route though. Legs were feeling great and strong and really enjoying the hills. Really looking forward to having hills back in my "diet" on a weekly basis!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT Thursday!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

From what I've heard, jet lag affects are pretty variable from person to person. When I did a trip to Japan early this year, I ran when I got there and ran when I got back, and didn't notice it affecting my running -- but it certainly threw off my sleeping schedule at both ends.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

I didn't think I'd run much there, if at all, but why is it almost impossible? Crowds? Cobras? Hostile environment?

I just wouldn't feel safe.  Traffic is unbelievable in many parts of the city and the city is very crowded.   So much poverty would make me worry about crime.  

The only cobras I saw were drugged ones to attract tourists.

India will be an amazing experience for you.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I just wouldn't feel safe.  Traffic is unbelievable in many parts of the city and the city is very crowded.   So much poverty would make me worry about crime.  

The only cobras I saw were drugged ones to attract tourists.

India will be an amazing experience for you.

There's that and the air quality in Delhi is awful.  I imagine it's going to be pretty hot there this time of year, too.

I guess you're probably staying at a western hotel, so there'll probably be a treadmill.  I wasn't running when I went there so I don't know how/if it will affect your training, but it took me a few days to stop waking up at 3am each way.  Now I do it for fun so I can run Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

That is pretty fast, Kim.  Also 5 gallons is like 40 lbs. of water, and since it's in a bucket you have to hold it away from your body.  Pretty difficult lifting I'd say.  When I brew I regularly move 4 gallons of liquid, and sometims some other stuff, and I agree it's pretty heavy.

Thanks Lou!  I think you run that pace on a regular basis... and you've made me feel better about those buckets.  I actually got better at carrying them across the field as the week went on.

tonight we ran intervals... 800 repeats... 3:20, 3:23, 3:30, 3:35, 3:40-  so you can see by the gradual slow down that I went out too fast.  But it was a fun evening and I was surprised I could run at all given I'd been on my feet in the sun all day.  Today at Girl Scout camp, I was in charge of supervising the water slide.  Smile

Glad everyone here seems to be doing well.

Wish I had the brain power to respond to everybody but I have caught up on the thread... life will be back to normal next week.

Hail to The Victors!

India sounds like a heck of a place to visit, just not a place you'd want to run, unless there was a treadmill in your hotel. ;-)

Nice racing Pam!

Kim, I think that sounds like strength work to me.  And nice intervals too!  Nice work!

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Today was supposed to be a day off of work but I had to come in at 5:00 to open. It'll be for just a few hours though. Then a few hours helping a good friend with his garage then it's a long weekend!

Running continues to go very well.

Happy Camper

Everyone have a fun holiday weekend!  I'm off to run them back to load the camper.  Heading out for 3 days at the farm.  No mobile phone, no computer. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

Started my holiday week-end this morning with 6.5 miles with 5 miles of pace in the middle.

Hope everyone enjoys a safe holiday week-end celebrating the best country in the world!

Paul

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I can't tell you how frustrated I am with Garmin.  I had a Forerunner unit which all of a sudden decided to stop talking on my usb port.  It started by blue-screening my pc in the garmin driver a few times then stopped talking altogether.  Well, Garmin replaced it no questions asked.

Last night I downloaded new software to my Nuvi due to some critical problem, and decided I might as well upgrade the software to my Forerunner (said replacement).  There wasn't any application software but I was offered to load new GPS chipset software, so I agreed.

Well the load completed fine.  But some time during the night my computer blue-screened in the garmin driver, and now this unit won't talk on the usb port.

I tried several things, but gave up.  I have a "spare" forerunner which seems to work fine so it looks like I trashed my unit.  <grrr>

3.1 miles, 28:16, 8:58/mi, AHR 146 (75% MHR)

I need to rebuild my base so I'll be doing 9's for a week or so.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Gotta love technology, huh, Lou?  Sorry.

Paul

Kimmie

Sorry about the frustrations, Lou.  I have a Garmin that I only use sometimes.

Paul, what's pace for you?

Ran 6 miles in a gorgeous location today- starting from where we've been doing Girl Scout camp.  Just beautiful... and the weather was awesome.

12 on tap tomorrow... must get to bed early.  Smile

Cashmason

Erika,  Glad hubby's  operation went well.   Tell him hi for me.

Glad your blister is doing better.

India sounds like a great place to visit.

Zippity do dah for running for the last week.   Between teaching cycle class 3 times and walking the new dog, and trying to socialize her at Dog Beach and the bark park,  running hasn't happened.