Marathon Trainers

Christmas week (Read 258 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - funny me too!! haha Smile
      I'm still around, barely. Dealt with sick kid/wife/me last week, and my running has suffered more than it should have. Sucks because I don't even have a good excuse, we'll just call it an end-of-year recharge. Still no baby, they're inducing on the 12th, but I'm not convinced she'll make it that far. Seems everyone has bumped up their mileage at the end of the year, congrats! Can you believe Christmas is in 2 days? Crazy . . .. hope everyone is done shopping.

Oh Mighty Wing

HI BRIAN!!!! I'm glad you are still around! The end of the year seems to be the time to get busy! Sorry everyone has been sick - hope you are all coming out of it now. You will get back to running when you can't stand it anymore - until then it's not bad to just recharge!

Dave

Nice to hear from you Brian. So exciting that you've got another baby coming so soon. Gonna have to start running with your cell phone Big grin 14F this morning (I know better than to post the warmer temps). I'm heading out the door anyway. I'm working tomorrow so I think I'll take that as my rest day. Easy miles everyone.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

woohoo Go Dave!!! Good think you are getting outside Smile I can't wait to run this afternoon!!!

Bugs

Brian, This is your second right? Do you know boy or girl? Do you have boy or girl now? Murphy, My DH would be so jealous of you. I admire how you take trips like that. Need to get out of the house more often. JHal, You're going to have a GREAT marathon.. How you got that 20 with all the snow in I don't know. Sounds like everyone is running good. Been a busy tired week for me. We're headed to the artic for x-mas. What does one wear for -37F temps? They have no TM there. Sad Hello to everyone else..got get back to work.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Hi Bugs! I hope you enjoy the artic! Pack lots of smart clothes!
                  Bugs, -37 is just silly temps. Maybe you can run in place inside or something. I won't talk about the "cold" we've been having, you guys would laugh me right out of here. Baby is a boy and I have a DS who just turned 3. Ya, probably no more running without the cell phone. Isn't that half the reason to run, to get away? Oh well. What worries me is if I'm 3 miles from the building (I run out and back at lunch at work) and she calls. Guess it'd be time for a serious tempo run!

Bugs

Hi Bugs! I hope you enjoy the artic! Pack lots of smart clothes!
                    Maybe I can leave the kitchen sink at home and take the TM instead. I really need to make friends with some runners in this town. MTA: Should I dress like her:

Bugs

Dave

Dang, Bugs, even the birds know to go south when it gets that cold. You're going north? Just returned from a very hard 7.7 mil hill run. 1000 feet elevation change. That hurt but I'm glad to be done. MTA: Yes. That's exactly what you should dress like.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Brian - it's exciting if nothing else!! Bugs - can we get a picture when you try this out... maybe she was running to a hot tub?? Dave - you be careful doing too many hard workouts in a row!

Bugs

Dave, Yes I'm headed north. They don't even sell TMs in this town. I confess I have gone to a TM store in the winter to shop when I had no TM and no club membership. Impressive run. I was up at 4:00 a.m. today (Santa doesn't sleep) and running at 5:00. I stopped at 20 minutes. I use to push through this, but I'm trying to change my ways, train not strain ya know. Hopefully a good 9 hour nap in the car will help.

Bugs

Bugs

Baby is a boy and I have a DS who just turned 3. Ya, probably no more running without the cell phone.
                            If you don't have one, you may need a TM just to squeeze runs in. I have two boys and it is great. I wouldn't even know what to do with a girl, although I sure wanted #2 to be a girl at the time.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

It's still crazy here. Did 1:45 yesterday on the snowpacked roads here, same conditions that I did the 20 in. I was going to run 10 today on the more cleared sidewalks on campus (only slightly more so), except for the fact that it's snowed a couple inches this morning again. So now I'm back to running on packed sidewalks instead of packed streets. *sigh*. It's supposed to snow 3-5 more tonight, and then change to sleet and freezing rain tomorrow, which is going to push me indoors to the County Rec Center (provided I can get there). All I can say is thank goodness I'm tapering. I wouldn't want to do 70 mpw in this crap...this is getting downright annoying. It's supposed to stay above freezing through Monday, so hopefully some of this will melt! Above normal temps! Stop the presses!

Oh Mighty Wing

Jhall - you are amazing!!