Marathon Trainers

Christmas week (Read 258 times)

Bugs

-23 so far today. Trying to figure out what to do....
    You have it colder than me. It had been down to -37 here, but has been -10 to 10F, and very little wind. Not bad temps at all. The tough part is most people don't shuffel their sidewalks here, and the roads are packed snow except now the roads are just fluffy snow. Last night it snowed four inches and at noon they still weren't plowing, WTH? Dave, I'd log it hard. This carebear fighting not exciting enough for you? How about Erika and Shan do some mud-wresting for you. Shocked Shan, good run. You seem to be runng the LRs well. Good work. Kimmie, nice miles. you are moving those LRs right up there. Are you following a specific training plan? I found a exercise place you pay $5 and I ditched a family breakfast outing to go. MIL said, "Can't you run after you eat?" NO!!!!!!! I got 10 miles in before they turned the lights off on me at noon.

Bugs

Kimmie

Dave, I forgot to mention how I've already talked about you to my running group- as in "I'm going to run a 10 mile race and a friend of mine is going to pace me to run a 1:20" None of them want to come as they're all in lazy mode of running. So, there you have it, you have to come. Kevin told me about this race and it's only $5.00- low key- DCRR race- no T-shirt. Smile paste run... that's a new one to me. Hey Shan, I love when you post about your running as your status on facebook. It keeps me motivated. P2R- Your FIL followed you in the car? And you didn't jump in? That's amazing and very tough. Bugs, good for you on getting the run in. Your MIL sounds like my Mom. This is the first Christmas where we didn't have company and we didn't go anywhere. We saw lots of family in the past three weeks but nobody was here this week. So, I actually thought the other day, that this is helping my running. Erika, Murphy, Brian, Jeremy, Cash and anyone else I missed: hi! I ran 21 miles today and my log show 30 miles for the week total... now that's sad. Blush

Happy Camper

going hard when that wasn't the purpose of the workout is paste. So like I have a bad day at work and my EZ miles turns into mega angry speed running - I pasted. I P2R - what do you mean what will I do for today? And nice running!!!
        Missed your 12-miles post, nice work!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - you are funny! But good job doing what you needed to do! And yeah I'm glad they are going well! Really all of my runs are going well - i just forget to post about them haha maybe when they are longer I will remember. Pace - I thought you might have haha Nice emoticon! Kimmie - glad I help someone! Smile And the paste thing is a Cash term MTA: well he posted this site anyway. Because I was always "racing" my EZ runs.

Bugs

Kimmie, So that must be the marathon plan for busy working Moms? Going to run double tonight. Hurdles over snow banks will be extra credit.

Bugs

Cashmason

Shan and Kimmie great jobs on your runs. Those are huge miles. Kimmie, any time your long run is more than one third of your weekly mileage, you risk injury. You have enough of a base that you can do it a few times and not worry about it too much. But do it often and look out trouble. Your heart, lungs and muscles will probably be fine, but the connective tissue needs to be built up and that takes more time to accomplish, and it breaks down faster.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - so what you are saying is that we should hope my little miles during the week build up quickly to support my long runs?
                Kimmie

Shan and Kimmie great jobs on your runs. Those are huge miles. Kimmie, any time your long run is more than one third of your weekly mileage, you risk injury. You have enough of a base that you can do it a few times and not worry about it too much. But do it often and look out trouble. Your heart, lungs and muscles will probably be fine, but the connective tissue needs to be built up and that takes more time to accomplish, and it breaks down faster.
                  I actually know this and didn't plan to have such low weekly miles, that's why I commented on it. This week was unusual for me with busyness and resting from a sore knee. I hopefully won't have another week like this.
                  Cashmason

Kimmie, I am eating the paste too. 10 miles running in Nov. 14 miles in Dec before yesterday. Last two days ran 10k each day. Not much but fast ramp up. Especially since they were progression runs finishing at 9.1 mph which I think is a 6:35 per mile pace. And yes Shan those little mid week runs will help support your long run. Better than what my g/f does, which is nothing all week then doing a long run on Sunday.
                    evanflein

Cash, that's not just eating paste, if I understand the term correctly... That's plain stupid. I'd rather run 9.3 miles at -27F... oh, wait! I did that today! Well at least the last couple miles were at -27. The first 7 were at -5 to -25.... No biggie. Here's proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0pjyptCUys

Oh Mighty Wing

Talk about fake eyelashes!!! Erika that is crazy!!!

Dave

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

1.5 at the pace i want to run my 10miler - it was easy for 1.5 - it will NOT be easy for 10.

Hail to The Victors!

Cash, that's not just eating paste, if I understand the term correctly... That's plain stupid. I'd rather run 9.3 miles at -27F... oh, wait! I did that today! Well at least the last couple miles were at -27. The first 7 were at -5 to -25.... No biggie.
                              Man, that's awesome. The potential 40 F temps at the start of Disney are going to be positively balmy after that!
                              Cashmason

Erika, Eating paste = doing something stupid. So you are exactly correct! My excuse is I have a Y chromosome.