Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/1 (Read 195 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

What??  It's 3:38 pm and I'm starting the new thread?

Ran intervals for the first time in a LONG time.  8x400s at around 8 m/m pace.  Felt really good.

Hope this week's snow doesn't make a lot of you guys crazy.  We're supposed to get around 2-4 inches.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Nice intervals Paul.

Lifted weights at noon and ran 3 miles tonight. Tomorrow I try doubles.

Started diet today. Not easy.

Bugs

Cashmason

The snow this week will not make me crazy.

Mostly because it is 65 degrees here,  and the snow is up in the mountains not here.

4 miles yesterday,  calf cramped up again at mile 2.

I think the snow will miss us for a change.

I ran that 10 miler on Sunday, with a little kick at the end.  Felt fine for the rest of the day, but was a little sore in the adductor yesterday.  I think today's run will tell me something.  Looking forward to seeing the PT tomorrow (eval) and Thurs (treatment).

Nice run Paul.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hey Bugs!

I will diet with you... you sound determined which is good.   Rest day for me yesterday and 8 planned for me a little later in the morning.  

Getting excited for Boston, undertrained or not, I still think it's going to be fun.

Hope your calf situation gets better, Cash.  I'm guessing you already know all the stretches and strengthening exercises... hang in there and keep posting.  We love to feel jealous of your CA weather.

Lou- hope it's all A-OK.

Hoping Erika is enjoying her trip and Dave has safe travels to wherever.

Nice intervals Paul!

Good luck with doubles and diet Bugs!

Hope the calf eases up Cash!

Hope you have a great run Lou!

Enjoy your 8 miler Kimmie and good luck with diet Smile

Did my first speed workout. Haven't done too many of these so wasn't sure what to do. Sometimes I wish I had a coach to give me my workouts. I ended up doing 2 mile warm up  6 halfs with quarter recoveries with a 1.75 cool down. I actually contemplated on running until I got to 12 miles but figured it would be smarter to stop at 8. Go home have lunch. Change shoes and go out for a recovery run. Gotta keep the mileage low on the Sauconies especially Little Lehigh mileage.. Really enjoyed the workout today. Got big hills on Friday. So for the n

ext 5 weeks or so I'll have a speed workout and a hill workout each week. Feel like I'm actually training now lol

MTA: yesterday was an unexpected rest day due to dd being sick. She still had headache and sore throat today however she really can't afford to miss much school so she got some ibuprofen before school.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Recovery run DONE!!

Talked to Ken about my intervals. He said my recovery pace between each interval should be more around 11 minute miles. Guess that means I wasn't pushing the intervals hard enough. He also asked why I stopped at 6 instead of doing 10. Cause I have no idea what the heck I'm doing lol. Well that and it was more of a break the rust free kind of workout.  I haven't done any fast running in who knows how long and to tell you the truth I was afraid I wouldn't even be able to get 6 reps @ 7:45 pace  let alone the sub 7:30's I did. Anyway one of these days I'm going to hire a coach. Wonder if I can find a good one who takes baked goods in exchange instead of money lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Good job to all you all doing speedwork, weights, etc.

I've been just plowing through simple easy runs mostly; I've forgotten to do speedwork hardly for quite a while. I should start remembering it pretty soon.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Quiet around here.

Got in a quick 4 miles this afternoon.  Having a hard time squeezing runs in around pretty tough work deadlines.  Sometimes that makes me run faster, though!  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Kim, 

You're welcome to join me.The plan is to start dieting now, and go clothing shopping in June. Sexy Summer Clothes in the mantra. I get appliances this weekend, so not eating out four times a week should help me get back on track.

I want to fit into smaller jeans. My weight is not really up but my jeans don't fit. I had a spinach omelet after 6 mile run tonight. Weather wonderful, 40s but I was TM since my son has strep-throat so I spent the day working from home and running him to doctor. The craziness in my life just doesn't end. So tonight I wasn't going to drive to town to run. (It is muddy out here in the country..not runnable). I still don't feel great, ugly cough but 4-6 miles seems to make me feel better not worse.

Bugs

Cashmason

Ummm  Bugs  honey,

You and Kimmie and the other ladies on this thread already have bodies that can wear sexy clothes.

And I understand wanting to be just a little bit better than it is now.

But truly,  Y'all are already sexy.

Cash

Sexy Summer Clothes.  Hmm  Smile

5 recovery miles this morning for me.  PT yesterday for eval and again today for treatment.  She gave me a bunch of stretches -- I have to talk with her because I don't have another 45 minutes in the morning to stretch before and after running.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Cash,

You are too kind. You know what really scares me about TRI's? The clothes. Running shorts are at least loose.

Morning running is back in fashion. Met a friend at 5:30 to run, no garmin, but I think it was a slow 4.5 miles. My legs are sore from last nights 6 miles on TM, pathetic, feel so out of shape. I'll get back in shape before all the snow melts though.

Bugs

Kimmie

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUGS!!!!!!

Hope you had an awesome day!!!

No running for me yesterday or today.... major life situations getting in the way.... DD2 has gotten sick and only wants MAMA at all times.  Smile  Plus, we're all exhausted.  I subbed today and then taught lessons for 3 hours.  Tomorrow will be the same.  So, looks like this will small week of miles.

We'll see....

Cashmason

Cash,

You are too kind. You know what really scares me about TRI's? The clothes. Running shorts are at least loose.

Morning running is back in fashion. Met a friend at 5:30 to run, no garmin, but I think it was a slow 4.5 miles. My legs are sore from last nights 6 miles on TM, pathetic, feel so out of shape. I'll get back in shape before all the snow melts though.

Happy Birthday Bugs !

And if I can run in spandex, so can you.    For both of us,  our asses and legs look good in spandex.

Its the spandex shirts I dont like,  especially since they tend to ride up to my rib cage when I run.

We call them belly shirts,  because you will be showing your belly.  If you are in the habit of wearing a sports bra, it wont matter.

Guys should not be wearing sports bra's....   well there are some guys at the gym that could use them.