Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/1 (Read 195 times)

Kimmie

Bryan,

I've been wondering where you've been.  Glad to see you back here posting.  Are you running the relay again this year?

It will be interesting to hear more about the study and all that it entails.

Erika- wow, seriously great running from you-  while out of town , no less.   Glad you enjoyed the sunshine and, on a much lesser scale, I felt that same way about sun/cold in 24 hours when we got back from Fl.

Lou-  15 miles?  That is AWESOME!!

I had a nice, easy 5 mile recovery run.  No soreness or issues seem to be creeping up.

Gorgeous weather here, as Lou mentioned... shorts and T-shirt.

Now, to stay away from the Girl Scout cookies... Smile

Happy Camper

Me too on the shorts and short sleeve shirt today.  Got in10 & change late morning with it almost 60 outside.  It was great.  Now I have to get started on taxes.  

Kimmie:  I haven't had Girl Scout cookies in a long time.  They never lasted long around here. No relay for me this year.  I had fun doing it last year and hope they keep that race going.  

Cash:  The University workouts will be extra.  ( At least I hope so)  They never said I would have to give up the running I'm doing now.  I get  the  full details  Monday night.  I've wondered how intense the workouts are going to be and how they will fit in with the running volume I'm doing.  They wanted subjects doing a minimum of 4 hours of exercise per week and there was no fitness test involved with the screening.  I have been told it will only involve taking supplements and doing either plyo's or  weight training. They will track the changes in bone mineral density with scans plus do blood work.  I hope the extra work helps the running after I get used  to doing it.  I really enjoy what I'm doing now.  I don't know if I'll  try to increase running volume this year or not.  I am going to enter Pike's Peak and getting accepted into that race or not will determine what I do over the Spring and Summer to get ready for it. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

I am thinking this is because you are a great Mom.

That's a super nice thing to say, Cash.

But I will be saving my pennies for a treadmill.

Cashmason

Shhh,  Don't tell Erika I ever say anything nice..... she wont believe you.

Bryan that is so cool that you get to do that,  under supervision.  Great way to get faster,  but also great way to get hurt if you do it wrong.     Nice to have someone who know what they are doing,  observe you and give a proper schedule so  you dont get hurt.

Hope Bugs is feeling better.

Lou glad that you can run 15.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Is Pike's Peak a race up the mountain? Sounds brutal.

I opened girl scout cookies today -- yummmmmmmmmm. More Cookies Than Miles. Is there a thread for that? How about Way More Cookies Than Miles?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Hi Brian, good to have you back. Hope you keep posting on how that study goes.

Hey this fat ass can still run. 12 miles avg pace 8:55ish. Stoked to be running outside. Still having some issues with my lungs, need another dose of presidone, but happy to be running. 42 miles for the week. Thanks for sticking with me through yet another seasonal illness. I think I might move to CA next Feb. Cash hope your immune system is strong enough to handle me as a roommate.

Bugs