Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/29/2010 (Read 238 times)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm banana split one of my ALL TIME FAVS!!!

Hey Jeremy Smile I'll be volunteering at the expo until 6 I believe on Saturday. I'm all up for meeting up just gotta figure out when and where.

Enjoying a rest day and have a 22-24 mile hilly run tomorrow. DH will be running the first 6 with me which will be nice.

Hope everyone's enjoying the holiday weekend!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Yes,  I think I am going with the 2 week taper and running long on the flat tomorrow.  Smile

I'm getting excited!   Only 17 days now, and things are pretty good... ankle/calf is twitchy but not too bad.   We were at a friends'  river house this week and I ran some on the small stretch of road that was runnable.  Afterwards, I made myself put my legs in the FREEZING cold water.  Smile  I think that helped the calf to be less twitchy.... instant almost ice bath.  Smile

Don't quote me on this, but I think I will shoot for a 4 hour time goal and if I'm able to speed up, then that's bonus.  I truly will be happy with anything under 4:15.

evanflein

I'm getting in on Friday and bunking with Lou and Harriet for Friday night, probably going to the Expo on Saturday (right, Lou?). Maybe we can try to hunt down Pam while we're there.

Well this Friday is beautiful outside, and I had to run errands at lunchtime (got a LOT done though!), and might try to squeeze in a workout this evening. But it might end up being a rest day. Oh well. I can clean the house. Some wild Friday night for me, no?

Hawt and sexy

New running belt-check

Cascadias-check

s!caps-on the way

I think I am ready for summer. Any one want an old smelly single bottle fuel belt? It has 3 pockets. It's been through a few thousand miles and has seen better days. 

I'm touching your pants.

I'm not sure if we're going to the expo Friday when we get in or Saturday -- I generally just do what I'm told Smile

8.2 miles, 1:05:48, 8:04/mi, AHR 161 (78% MHR)

2@8:41(145), 4@7:21(168), 2.16@8:50(157)

1 - 8:44(146)

2 - 8:38(145)

3 - 7:31(158)

4 - 7:24(169)

5 - 7:20(171)

6 - 7:08(175)

7 - 8:45(160)

8 - 8:53(155)

9 - 1:24(152) [0.16=8:58]

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Very nice tempo work, Lou.  You were cranking it.

I was amazed at how much leg soreness I had after that little bit of speedwork of my own.  Will get back out there again today to take advantage of these great temps.

Working on my tax return.  Ugh.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Very nice tempo work, Lou.  You were cranking it.

Thanks.  I kept telling myself in the 4th mile that this was what the workout was all about.  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hey, if your old belt holds a water bottle in such a way that it never falls out, I'm interested. Mine fall out sometimes. Fairly irritating. Esp the few times I use it when cycling.

Flat paved fast 5K this morning, went out too fast with a bunch of other people who also went out too fast, so then it was a traditional 5K "try to hold on by the skin of your teeth in hopes of finishing before falling over or quitting" Smile

PS: Nice Lou. I want to think about some stuff like that for myself at some point too.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Flat paved fast 5K this morning.  I had a PR and won my age group but I'm too modest to tell you guys.

Fixed that for you.  Great job, Perry! 

5.3 in that "in between" pace that wasn't really pace work and wasn't easy either.  Legs were sore.  Hoping to get set for about 8 tomorrow morning.  Will give me highest mileage in a very long time.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice running, Lou.  Great race, Perry.  Looks like you're getting the groove back, Dave.

I ran 10 this morning.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hawt and sexy

Hey Perry, the old belt has a bungie that has long lost it's elastic properties, It still has a loker on it so you can cinch it in.  I think I lost a bottle twice in four years.

If you want it, I promise to wash it first.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'd settle for you agree to show up at a race in PA, *if* we both agree we're going to it, and not just trick me into going up there and not getting to meet anyone cool... Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

I'm not sure if we're going to the expo Friday when we get in or Saturday -- I generally just do what I'm told Smile

I see PDR has you well trained Lou.

Nice splits btw.

Shows me where I have to be if I ever want to try to BQ.

I think I am on the 7 year taper plan.

Taught spin this morning.  First time I have ever had to turn somebody away, as all the bikes were already taken.

Tomorrow will be the 6th class in 8 days.

Took Mutt Mutt to Dog Beach after cycle and let her play in the waves and play tag with other dogs.

Kings vs Ducks hockey game tonight.

Hawt and sexy

There is a 90% chance I will do some random marathon in Reading that is held on a towpath. I would not sign up until after the Maniac attempt at Pocono in May.  I am not signing up for Pocono until I am done with the NJ Marathon. But I have to do the Reading one to break in the shoes for VTU in August.

I'm touching your pants.

Amanda - are you a maniac already or is this your first shot?

I set out to do 16 in a progressive sort of way.  For my medium long runs and long runs, I like to go 5 at around 9-9:15, middle miles at around 8:50, finishing 5 at 8:30 or faster.  When I started my legs were tired and I didn't know if I'd be able to hold those paces.  I was pleasantly surprised:

16.2 miles, 2:21:37, 8:43/mi, AHR 150 (73% MHR)

5@9:09(142), 6@8:48(148), 5.24@8:13(159)