Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/10 (Read 287 times)

Did 3 miles last night. Same exact pace as my 6 miler on Saturday, although I snuck a 'fast mile' in at mile 2 and took it easy coming in.

Im happy to say Im starting to get in the habit. I thought I put mid week 6 mielrs in my schedule, but I only have 3 scheduled for today. I was actually dissapointed. But I am trying to hold myself back before I start throwing in extra miles.

Pretty much have 20 mpw scheduled now until mid June. I may end up ramping up to 25-30mpw before then, but not for the next few weeks. Im really trying to be conservative.

ouch Kimmie. Be careful. I dunno, do young people get gallbladder attacks?

Bugs

Go Amanda Go!

Ran 5.5 miles in 50 minutes with a friend.  Almost bagged this one, because, apparently I had a gall bladder attack last night.  I've never had one before.  I had no idea what was going on; sharp shooting pain, went to the Dr.  and that's what he said.   So, I need to stop eating like crap.   He said it's not severe, but I need to go really low fat for the next few days.   And no coffee.  Sad   I had to take some painkillers just to be able to sleep last night.  I asked him about running and he said he thought it would be Ok if I felt alright.  So, I think that means that I'm officially getting old.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Bugs

gall bladder attacks SUCK ASS!!!  I've gone to bed in so much pain before because of my gall bladder and I RARELY eat really fatty foods. But when I do OUCH!

WOW Erika!!! FAST tempo! I'd like to be able to run like that one day.

GO AMANDA!!!!!!  Looking forward to Sunday. 

Yes I'll be running Run for the Red. Not sure my plan other than to make sure I'm non injured and healthy for my 100k the following Saturday. 

Things are going well for me, in fact a little too well. Figure the worst case scenerio is that Sunday will Suck and my 100k will KICK ASS lol. Either way works for me.

Hope everyone is having a FANTASTIC week!

MTA: I CAN"T do NO COFFEE!!! Hope your gall bladder calms down!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

{{Kimme}} sorry to hear that, hope it goes away soon with no lasting effects.

Good luck on the marathon this weekend, Amanda and Pam! Sure hope the weather is better and not a sweat-fest like last week. So this is Run for the Red? I looked at that one, looks like a very nice fast PR sort of course. When I do a PA marathon, I think I'll pick that one. (I could be 90 by then, but never hurts to pick 'em out ahead of time!)

Thinking of doing the track workout tonight. Our running club sponsors Tuesday Track night, and I've never gone before. The weather could turn to crap by then, but oh well (wind is picking up now, clouds have rolled in, rain forecast for afternoon). I was planning on running anyway, right?

Thanks Erika!! Looks like it will be much cooler than NJ was. Run for the Red CAN be a very fast course if you run it right. It's a bit like Boston however I found the  up hills to be a bit bigger, the downhills to be a lot more down and not as much flat to run as Boston.  When I ran it last year  I had 1 person (in both sexes)  pass me after the half way mark and I passed 71 people. This year I don't plan on running it as conservative as I did last year.

MTA: the elevation map is very deceiving, kind of like Steamtown's is.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Good Luck Pam.

Bugs

Good Luck Pam.

Thanks Bugs!

Ok 2nd run of the day DONE!! I don't know what's up but I'm liking it. Hope it doesn't bite me in the butt come Sunday though. Gotta get myself under control!

Kimmie

Hey Pam,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong during/after Boston?   sorry, if I missed it.

Hey Pam,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong during/after Boston?   sorry, if I missed it.

figure it was a combination of skewed electrolites and that time of the month.  We shall see if the same thing happens this weekend. I won't be caught up in the whole Boston thing so I can take care of myself like I normally do before a "regular" marathon.

theyapper

On the road again...

Got in a little 50 minute tempo run covering 5.3 miles.  Worked my pace down until I ran the 4th mile in 7:25.  That's the fastest mile I've ever run.  Pretty cool.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

nice work yapper.

Just got back from my run. Im sweating buckets. Very humid. 3 good miles. Easy pace, not so easy effort.

Hawt and sexy

Pam. Salt pills. And what did you decide?

Perry, your Mom.

Hi to everybody else. Smile

I'm touching your pants.

theyapper

On the road again...

Easy pace, not so easy effort.

The mantra for summer running.

Got in a 90 minute mid-week longish run.  Insert above quote here.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Love seeing these mileage posts. Good work team blister. Go Pam and Amanda. I assume no athlete tracking for us to keep an eye on you? Will be with you every step of the way in our heads.

I would like to try sodium tablets next marathon but not sure where to carry them. Had them with for Twin Cities but the pouring rain destroyed them.

9 miles of tough interval running. I feel really good. Less than 3 weeks to taper.. me Bugs is getting back on the horse in 43 days.

Bugs