Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/10 (Read 287 times)

Cashmason

When I ran it last year  I had 1 person (in both sexes)  pass me after the half way mark and I passed 71 people. This year I don't plan on running it as conservative as I did last year.

You count the number of people you pass?

I can count to 3.  More than that, I say I passed a bunch of people,  or on a bad day,  a bunch passed me.

Come out for Surf City where we have 10 thousand runners.   I cant count how many I passed after the half way mark.

Kimmie,  Hope you are feeling better.

Ive never had a real opportunity to count people I pass. Usually Im amongst the counted.

Although now Im considering getting a clicker like they have to keep track of your golf score and when I kick ass in my fall marathon, Im gonna click it every time I pass someone. That should be appreciated.

Maybe she just determined the amount of passers/passees from the results. If you get splits, it wouldnt be that difficult.
        theyapper

On the road again...

Funny you mentioned a clicker, Murph.  I've thought about the same thing, but don't know how much I'd get to use it.

At my last 5k, I passed 1,200 people.  I only know this because I started at the back of the pack and ended up 633 in a field of just over 1800.

That makes me sound fast, but I wasn't.  Finished in 26 and some change.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The clicker idea sounds fun. Michael Wardian's way sounds fun too -- start at the back and then just subtract to figure out the answer from the results (eg, second place finish, so #passed = total#-1)...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I do scan up and down marathon results to see how many people finished ahead of me that I was ahead of at the half. Its normally quite a few. And very few people behind me that were ahead half way. I plan on turning that trend around in Dayton.
              evanflein

Love to see the guys posting all those runs! woohoo! Easy pace; not so easy effort is a great way of putting it. I know exactly how those runs feel!

Good luck to Pam and Amanda, sending good weather vibes your way. Anyone else racing?

Cash, that's like me. I remember the end of Boston I was passing "a bunch" of people like crazy. That was so much fun. I could've done an ultra that day. Also passed a bunch at Disney in January 2009. This was the race where I'd forgotten my chip in my shoe. I was so mad at myself I just pushed the last couple of miles hard. I remember one guy yelling "Go Blondie!" as I ran past him. Ha.

First ever track workout last night with a group. Was good to see how they do it, and hear some of the rationale and methods (which I've heard before but hadn't seen put into practice). It was interesting, and I guess I did it pretty well, but it reminded me of why I don't like the group thing. Too much waiting around for the slower runners to catch up (we stopped after every set), then start up again. Just get the damn thing over with already! I really don't have a "group mindset" I guess. 7.9 miles total, including 3.45 warmup, then 3x400m with 400m recoveries, and 2x800 w/ 400 recoveries, then 1.45 or so cool down laps around the track waiting for DH to come pick me up.

DS1 graduation ceremonies tonight. Where the hell did the years go?? I remember kindergarten so clearly.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

E: I'd jog around during the waiting periods. Just like when we're meeting for a run, and some people aren't there yet, I say "let's jog until they get here" and off I go.

So, whatever happened to Shan here? I know there was some kind of issue with a member on the site--but not in our group. But she posts anything and everything on facebook--which to me seems more 'dangerous' than posting stuff on here.

Hawt and sexy

You know, I should start at the Back of Pocono and count the number of peeps I pass. That would pass the time. I would just cheat though and look at what placed i finished at the end. 

I don't know about Shan. She unfrended me twice. WTF for? I have no clue. I don't have time for fair weather friends though. I am sure others feel the same way and that may have caused some issues, but maybe not. I don't know. I just run.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just run.

You should train.

Hawt and sexy

heh

I'm touching your pants.

Bugs

So, whatever happened to Shan here?  

I think she is done with RA, but seems she has turned into quite a 5k runner.

Bugs

Me count them while running HA!  I'm too lazy too do that lol. The race is small enough that I can find all the info on the result page.

As for Shan she no longer is interested in the marathon from what I've been told and has moved onto shorter races. As for me I'm moving onto bigger ones 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hawt and sexy

Really? Did she break 20 mins yet?

I'm touching your pants.