Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/7/2011 (Read 193 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

6.3 miles today.  Should have felt easy, but didn't.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Hi Erika! I've been wondering about you... I'm running the half and Paul is going to beat me.

5 easy this morning

Headed to Philadelphia this afternoon.  Will pick up my son at the airport and stay at my sister's so he can visit with his cousins.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

4 miles of hills... fun stuff- and the sun was shining!  YAY!

theyapper

On the road again...

Felt really heavy and sluggish in the legs today, so I cut it off at 3.5 miles - figured it's best to have something for a good long run tomorrow.  It's a cutback week anyway.

Paul

Dave

3 on the treadmill again today.  Better than nothing.  Hoping to get a couple of good runs this weekend so that my weekly mileage isn't a total loss.

Sorry that I won't be with you guys at National.  I'm standing by my prediction of 1:45 for Paul for the HM at National.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

3 on the treadmill again today.  Better than nothing.  Hoping to get a couple of good runs this weekend so that my weekly mileage isn't a total loss.

Sorry that I won't be with you guys at National.  I'm standing by my prediction of 1:45 for Paul for the HM at National.

Well, you predicted a 4:15 in my last marathon and I came in at 4:23, so your 1:45 prediction would work out to something around a 1:49 for the half.  Wink

Paul

I ran a hilly route today, where I've been running a flat route or my treadmill.  Must do hills more often!

I tried to not pay attention to my pace, nor do negative splits, but to once again find my pace.  Considering I had 20mi to do, I noticed I was at 8:15 in the first mile, so slowed down, and when I looked after that I was either just before 8:30 or around 8:47 on the hills.

Overall I had a pace of 8:29.  I was pretty surprised by it, I wasn't trying to achieve a specific time as it's my long run, but find a pace (my pace whatever that is) I could maintain.  I could have continued after the 20, but there's still a big difference between 20 and 26.

I'm going to hit you guys up for some pacing advice after I do my final long run. 

theyapper

On the road again...

I ran a hilly route today, where I've been running a flat route or my treadmill.  Must do hills more often!

I tried to not pay attention to my pace ... Considering I had 20mi to do

Overall I had a pace of 8:29. 

I'm going to hit you guys up for some pacing advice after I do my final long run. 

Whatever.  That was a killer 20 miler and you'd be better off not asking me for pacing advice.  If you do, I'm not saying anything.  I'm speechless.

My long run hasn't happened.  My wife took the day to go shop with a friend so I had the kids.  Not sure when she'll get back, so I may have to give the long run a shot early in the morning tomorrow.

Paul

Happy Camper

5k trail race this morning was just okay.  Last year ran it in 24:58, this year was 24:24.  Was pushing for more improvement but it wasn't there today.  I'm a good 12 pounds lighter now than I was last year for this run and was expecting to get more out of the weight loss.  Was aiming for a sub 23:00 on the road 5k the 19th but sub 24:00 is likely more realistic.  I'm 29 days out from marathon.  I had felt like I should do one more long run but am now thinking I should just keep it to 10 - 15 miles at goal pace the next two weeks for the longer runs before I start taper.  I have  ran one 18-miler  and nine 20-milers  the past four months.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Well, you predicted a 4:15 in my last marathon and I came in at 4:23, so your 1:45 prediction would work out to something around a 1:49 for the half.  Wink

Under ideal conditions you would've run 4:15.  My predictions can't be wrong.  Big grin

The real question this time is whether you'll be willing to go out fast enough to finish 1:45.  You'd be taking some risk but in a HM, the downside isn't all that bad if you fade a bit. 

5.15 for me today with a mix of some longer tempo intervals (1 mile) and a bit of progression run right at the end.  All treadmill but it was probably nice enough to run outside.  Paths are still covered with ice though.

New name,  x gen x?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I'm not very creative, I sat here for the longest time and this new name is the best I came out with.

It occured to me that I'm the only one around advertising the first three initials of my first name, and my year of birth, so it's not too difficult to look at races I've done to find my first and last name.  You never know what people think 'her legs would look so much better if they were buried in my backyard', and so on.

Dave

That made me laugh out loud, Gen.

Just 3 miles for me today.  Bit rushed before church on the treadmill.  Legs felt a little beat up from the interval work yesterday.

There was a girl on the treadmill next to me yesterday and saw her there again today.  She was cranking a 10 mile tempo run yesterday down at and under 8:00 pace.  Just kept getting faster.  At least she said her legs were dead today.  Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

15 this morning on the Schuylkill River Trail.  Nice and flat.  Smile